WHP 2016

Surprised there isn't an Afterlife/Life & Death night.

For me the top picks are Mosaic, Jackathon, Feel My Bicep, The Hydra & Drumcode.

I'd like to hope I get to at least one date

Seems like most people have gone for the big boy names, I thought jackathon would of sold out straight away same as Hawtins night

Initially had tickets lined up for Paradise but have now switched to MOSAIC - which to be honest I'm much happier about as Maceo Plex is more my style. Also Tale of Us and Mano Le Tough there too, should be great.

Initially had tickets lined up for Paradise but have now switched to MOSAIC - which to be honest I'm much happier about as Maceo Plex is more my style. Also Tale of Us and Mano Le Tough there too, should be great.

Not forgetting Roman Flugel & Craig Richards! should be a great night

Can't work out why the opening party has not sold out ? Great line up even if it will be short sets. Early start time a bit worrying too as you know a few of the big names will be on early.

Tempted by it, but it is 1 week after I get back from Ibiza and not sure what state I will be in

Made late decision to head up to Manchester for last night. I'd already committed without thinking what impact a Man Utd v Leicester game on the same day might have had on hotels and trains which wasn't ideal!

I've not been back to Store Street since they moved back, and while had some good memories there did not get the fuss when they did move away. Last night I got it, brilliant layout, easy to roam around and plenty of bars and toilets to easily get to. Something Victoria Warehouse lacked.

We got in very early due to anticipation and I was largely going to stay sober due to a busy week ahead and Ibiza recovery in progress ! Gotta mention Lauren Lo Sung who was early in Room 2, I think she is a Circus resident and did play on Space terrace this season for Carl Cox. She really got things going for us with some decent house / tech house. Really rated her as was not many tunes I had heard.

Fatima Yamaha in the main room live was decent, not a massive fan of live acts in this setting but crowd reaction for What's a Girl To Do was nuts. Big beaming smile on his face.

Eats Everything smashed it as you would expect and changed the mood in the room. Slightly different set from him I thought , probably due to him being followed by Beyer & Capriati.

Beyer & Capriati were 4 hours B2B in the end, as this had changed a few times over the last couple of weeks. Bit of a slow atmospheric start for the first 30mins which wasn't expected especially considering the warm up they had been given.. I think Capriati was a bit worse
for wear, kept disappearing for 10-15mins at a time and mixing wasn't great. Not train crashes but just banging tunes in and out. Beyer was quality though and seemed to be keeping things under control. Last 2 hours of their set they took it up a few gears and was full on relentless 130+bpm tunes.

Few observations, Northern crowds actually are friendly than Southern. Bar & Security staff very friendly and good too. Built up a good rapport with the same few bar staff all night which was nice. Security helpful and looked after those that needed it. Also one let me use the staff toilets when I was queueing at one point which was very decent!

This wasn't meant to be a review but 4 hour train has made it that.

Made late decision to head up to Manchester for last night. I'd already committed without thinking what impact a Man Utd v Leicester game on the same day might have had on hotels and trains which wasn't ideal!

I've not been back to Store Street since they moved back, and while had some good memories there did not get the fuss when they did move away. Last night I got it, brilliant layout, easy to roam around and plenty of bars and toilets to easily get to. Something Victoria Warehouse lacked.

We got in very early due to anticipation and I was largely going to stay sober due to a busy week ahead and Ibiza recovery in progress ! Gotta mention Lauren Lo Sung who was early in Room 2, I think she is a Circus resident and did play on Space terrace this season for Carl Cox. She really got things going for us with some decent house / tech house. Really rated her as was not many tunes I had heard.

Fatima Yamaha in the main room live was decent, not a massive fan of live acts in this setting but crowd reaction for What's a Girl To Do was nuts. Big beaming smile on his face.

Eats Everything smashed it as you would expect and changed the mood in the room. Slightly different set from him I thought , probably due to him being followed by Beyer & Capriati.

Beyer & Capriati were 4 hours B2B in the end, as this had changed a few times over the last couple of weeks. Bit of a slow atmospheric start for the first 30mins which wasn't expected especially considering the warm up they had been given.. I think Capriati was a bit worse
for wear, kept disappearing for 10-15mins at a time and mixing wasn't great. Not train crashes but just banging tunes in and out. Beyer was quality though and seemed to be keeping things under control. Last 2 hours of their set they took it up a few gears and was full on relentless 130+bpm tunes.

Few observations, Northern crowds actually are friendly than Southern. Bar & Security staff very friendly and good too. Built up a good rapport with the same few bar staff all night which was nice. Security helpful and looked after those that needed it. Also one let me use the staff toilets when I was queueing at one point which was very decent!

This wasn't meant to be a review but 4 hour train has made it that.

Was drinking in Manchester myself last night and tried to convince my mate to go to this. He's lost the plot with music these days and was more interested in going in cheesy bars. I coerced him into Eastern Bloc for some techno but he didnt last long. 80 quid down today for what amounted to a very very very average night out.

Wish I could have gone to this, wasn't even sold out which surprised me, tickets were still on the main whp site on Friday. Sounds like you had a good night.

Was drinking in Manchester myself last night and tried to convince my mate to go to this. He's lost the plot with music these days and was more interested in going in cheesy bars. I coerced him into Eastern Bloc for some techno but he didnt last long. 80 quid down today for what amounted to a very very very average night out.

Wish I could have gone to this, wasn't even sold out which surprised me, tickets were still on the main whp site on Friday. Sounds like you had a good night.

Oof nightmare but had a few of those myself as friends tend to get older ! I think we got some pizza next door to Eastern bloc and thought the music sounded decent and we considered popping in but went straight down Store Street.

You got any nights there planned this year ?

Just booked for 26th November!

The Jackathon 21 oct

Mosiac 26th nov

Carl Cox 30th December

Cant wait!

Good review! I'm going for the first time on 21st October.

What time would you recommend getting there for? I likely won't get to Piccadilly until after 10pm and wondering whether to just head there or go for a drink with friends first?

Also, how 'thorough' is security? I'd heard horror stories of sniffer dogs last year.

What time would you recommend getting there for? I likely won't get to Piccadilly until after 10pm and wondering whether to just head there or go for a drink with friends first?

Also, how 'thorough' is security? I'd heard horror stories of sniffer dogs last year.
Check out last entrance time its normally really quite early tbh, cant remember what it is for the 21st. . The ques are mega aswell we went for Hawtin a few years back and it stretched around the street.

The security was like walking through the airport . Patted down, usual questions, empty belt, pocket stuff out onto a trey. One security tried shoving my mate quite forcefully with questions "what you on then big boy" to get a rise out of him but he laughed it off and let him through.

We was all on the booze anyway, if i get asked that question il most probabley say "watered down piss from around the corner, can you help" :lol:

Last entry is usually around 22.30 for most events so you might not have much choice. Not sure there is huge amounts near there, decent pub by the station is all I know.

Security is fine. Search is pretty much standard London club search. There is a dog you have to walk past, but if I was a betting man I would suggest it is used to justify a more thorough search based on appearance / behaviour rather than an actual sniffer dog.....

Really? Even when it's on until 6?

Travelling up from Brighton after work and will be pushing it to get there before 10.30pm.

Check your tickets but most nights are. I kind of get it as it means a decent busy night from the get go rather than people just turning up for the headliners.

Good to see a fellow Brightonian on the board too !

Check your tickets but most nights are. I kind of get it as it means a decent busy night from the get go rather than people just turning up for the headliners.

Good to see a fellow Brightonian on the board too !
More like to get you in and take your money before the local boozers do :lol:

Speaking of the 21st October WHP date, I have two tickets for sale. I've got them at home so can post them. Can sell both for £50 in total, so a few quid cheaper than face value.

Should be a great night with Laurent Garnier, Black Madonna, Mike Servito, Moxie, Heidi, Jasper James and many more.

PM if interested.

If anyone sees any Cox & Friends tickets knocking about (preferably less than the £80 ive been offered) would appreciate a heads up :)

If anyone sees any Cox & Friends tickets knocking about (preferably less than the £80 ive been offered) would appreciate a heads up :)

Just wait till closer to the date, people panic and sell them for much cheaper. Plus around that time there's always people who live miles from Manchester who can't make it (trains etc), and so sell their tickets on the FB event. Happens every year

Back