Where to get BBQ supplies? Seriously

AlexR

First of all hi,

Alex here, been going to Ibiza regularly since I was under a year old when my parents used to go in the hippy years! We usually go 2-4 times a year and know the island well. Have used the main site for party calendar and reviews. Taking serious consideration to relocating.

Anyway next week we’re out for 3 weeks of villa life.

Last year when we got a villa in San Antonio we went to every large supermarket and couldn’t find any charcoal for bbq’ing. The one place we found a place for it had sold out!

This time our first week is in Cala d’hort/Es cubells, we have a car and we’ll obviously start at the airport.

There’s a huge supermarket in sant jordi near the airport right? Will this definitely have plenty of charcoal and other bits? I know there’s a relatively new medium sized supermarket in san josep that might be good for regular top up shopping, can’t see them having coal though?

And anywhere do good quality (maybe organic or at least high welfare) meat that’s not crazy priced?

Many thanks
Alex

First of all hi,

Alex here, been going to Ibiza regularly since I was under a year old when my parents used to go in the hippy years! We usually go 2-4 times a year and know the island well. Have used the main site for party calendar and reviews. Taking serious consideration to relocating.

Anyway next week we’re out for 3 weeks of villa life.

Last year when we got a villa in San Antonio we went to every large supermarket and couldn’t find any charcoal for bbq’ing. The one place we found a place for it had sold out!

This time our first week is in Cala d’hort/Es cubells, we have a car and we’ll obviously start at the airport.

There’s a huge supermarket in sant jordi near the airport right? Will this definitely have plenty of charcoal and other bits? I know there’s a relatively new medium sized supermarket in san josep that might be good for regular top up shopping, can’t see them having coal though?

And anywhere do good quality (maybe organic or at least high welfare) meat that’s not crazy priced?

Many thanks
Alex
Good afternoon Alex.

You're not the famous Alex R who used to be one half of a really big London DJ duo, are you?!

Yes, there's a large Mercadona in San Jordi.

mercadona (san jordi / sa carroca) has charcoal and everything. if you need actual bbq tools head to citubo close to the airport

Good afternoon Alex.

You're not the famous Alex R who used to be one half of a really big London DJ duo, are you?!

Yes, there's a large Mercadona in San Jordi.

Hi taz haha!

And stivi that’s all of the info that I need. Many thanks!

all the meat in can ros which stivi mentioned is from the island, the balearics or sourced fairly afaik. prices are ace. ask for entranya (skirt steak from ireland), chuletas de cerdo (pork chops from ibiza - thick cut and bloody amazing), and butifarra blanca (made by themselves with ibizan pork, which is an extra long sausage you buy by the metre - it's the best grilled sausage you'll ever eat). all of these super cheap. i'm hungry already!

can ros: https://goo.gl/maps/JZAwrBdnmAUVDTP8A

Hi James,

That’s what I like to hear!

Will ask the butchers to make a selection of their recommendations for bbq together for my budget! May skip the butifarra as it’s white sausage no? Love sobrasada, usually had it in dishes but sure it can come ready to grill? Should probably buy some butifarra anyway even if not for me but at least for everyone to try.

Thanks all for the recommendations

Hi James,

That’s what I like to hear!

Will ask the butchers to make a selection of their recommendations for bbq together for my budget! May skip the butifarra as it’s white sausage no? Love sobrasada, usually had it in dishes but sure it can come ready to grill? Should probably buy some butifarra anyway even if not for me but at least for everyone to try.

Thanks all for the recommendations

yeah grilled sobrasada is fantastic. once grilled, put it on some toasted bread and you've got the perfect balearic hot sandwich.

we also always get some chicken. grilled chicken is fantastic because it always stays tender and juicy.

This is making me very hungry just thinking about it haha!
Hopefully there’s somewhere selling fresh bread nearby for the daily top up. I remember a spa near Cala vadella when I had a villa there or I guess there must be places in san josep

Ok, so here is a question..........lets say I wanted to take the sound advice from the meat experts here and purchase some amazing sobrasada and the likes..........would there be a "community" type BBQ I could go to , and sit and eat and chill? I know Im probably dreaming here........just a thought. I have no BBQ where Im staying obviously.

Might have to make friends with folks who have a vila lol.

Ok, so here is a question..........lets say I wanted to take the sound advice from the meat experts here and purchase some amazing sobrasada and the likes..........would there be a "community" type BBQ I could go to , and sit and eat and chill? I know Im probably dreaming here........just a thought. I have no BBQ where Im staying obviously.

Might have to make friends with folks who have a vila lol.

there are a few. one in san lorenzo, another one in san carlos.

There’s also a restaurant in/near San Antonio(from memory) that does an ‘all you can eat’ bbq/grill South American style where they just keep bbq’ing food and serving it out until you say no more haha!

Glad to keep you happy Tazzles!

There’s also a restaurant in/near San Antonio(from memory) that does an ‘all you can eat’ bbq/grill where they just keep bbq’ing food

Same as well in Bossa, not far from hotel Garbi

There’s also a restaurant in/near San Antonio(from memory) that does an ‘all you can eat’ bbq/grill South American style where they just keep bbq’ing food and serving it out until you say no more haha!

There was a very ropey looking place near the bus station last year doing that type of thing- out the back of Panarea I think

Same as well in Bossa, not far from hotel Garbi

Looked it up and meat and meet in bossa looks like the place that I remember, on the way to Figueretas!

There are a few half decent places doing it but I can’t seem to find them online! Anyway I’d much rather do it at home but if you don’t have a villa then that’s not easy...

Back