Where Nothing Happens [the history of abandoned nightclubs in Ibiza]

McRackin

Super Moderator
Where Nothing Happens is a project I had developed in which I compile the history of abandoned or temporarily disused nightclubs in Ibiza, my birthplace. Each of these spaces are different types of ruins and inside this project each functions independently. There are specific pieces for each of the chosen locations: Festival Club, Idea, Heaven, Toro Mar and Glory´s. I produced a newspaper in collaboration with the Diario de Ibiza, which includes the news and advertisements of the clubs related to the project, from 1969 to 2012.

:arrow: http://irenedeandres.com/Donde-nada-ocurre

huhjpz.jpg

Fantastic. Also the first images of Festival Club ive seen before it was a ruin. Its defintely worth seeking out. Just be careful when clambering around as the concrete steps can give way under you and theres broken glass everywhere.

I'm sure it could be made into something again, now tourism to Ibiza has grown so much since the 70's when Festival Club first opened, not quite sure what though, I dont think a bullfighting evening would pull in the crowds these days

I'm sure it could be made into something again, now tourism to Ibiza has grown so much since the 70's when Festival Club first opened, not quite sure what though, I dont think a bullfighting evening would pull in the crowds these days

I very much doubt that with where it is. you'd need a very good project to get approval nowadays I think.

As mentioned before it can be pretty treacherous. Would cost a fortune to put right in order to be a safe venue. I imagine there is still the odd illegal gathering up there.

Why anyone would want to turn festival club into ‘something’ is beyond me. It is such a unique and unusual place, it already is something - an escape from everything else. Or let’s have another HI or another 5 star hotel where you can’t even use the pool because some ridiculous tropical house DJ is practising the live version of his new single all day :spank:

Back