what's Ibiza like in 1st week of May?

freeeky

Getting wed in the uk and considering surprising the missus with a trip to Ibiza for the first week of may.

Only thing I can see on spotlight calander is space party on the 2nd (the night we would arrive)

Anything else likely to be on?

Our accommodation will be in San an... Don't mind dipping into the better bars around the west end too...are they likely to be open then?

More importantly..is Davids restaurant open then? :)

most places in san an will be open and so will david's. café del mar also will be open and maybe savannah's. mambo only opens later.

apart from the one-off party at space, pacha will be open (daily from end of april). else not much proper clubbing yet, but bars are open yeah.

compared to the main season it's still pretty quiet, but lovely. you'll notice it's still much greener than in summer. weather can be great, but you might get a rainy day or two as well. bring a jumper, evenings are often still chilly (to the surprise of lots of people).

Cheers for the info.

A few nights out in the week would do us fine. Sounds like it could work out. A shame amnesia isn't open, would of topped things off nicely :)

Just booked the flights. :D If any more parties crop up for May, could those that know post details in here please? :)

Ive always been put off driving abroad... I know it means that I miss out on a fair bit, but Ive seen the driving that takes place in Ibiza!

Ive seen the driving that takes place in Ibiza!
mad, isn't it?!

tumblr_nctli41Ju21t0cscho1_400.gif

seriously now, rent a car for a couple of days at least and start discovering... it will give you a whole new perspective of the island!

I found the roads were busier last April then when I've been in September :eek:
There'll be little bars or beach clubs opening no doubt, I could hear nassau beach club 'opening' going at midnight in pdb from figuretas last year but the Mrs fancied a stroll into town instead so we sat with the locals watching football and attempting to talk with sign language to the locals. Got lots of hugs and handshakes from the local clientele after a few vodka limons :cool:

I found the roads were busier last April then when I've been in September :eek:

The roads between Ibiza Town & Sta Eularia way get bottlenecked all year I think depending on the time of day - found this too some years back during the post-Fabric Sasha-disaster escapade ! But out West/North, old road to San An etc very very quiet and driving standards far better than in the Summer.

The girl who's birthday it is is hoping for sunbathing level heat/weather. I think it's a gamble

it can be a bit hit or miss...if it's sunny it will easily be warm enough for the beach - up to 30° daytime. but you might get a rainy day or so. last year it was also pretty windy in may. so yeah a bit of a gamble if it's only about beachtime!

flights looking ropey as easyjet not flying that early in month i dont think. cheap ones mean arrive 11pm fri night and leave 4am sun night/mon morning. sensible flights more like 200

Heading out there on Saturday! :-o First time to the island in a few years... so looking forward to it. Going to the Lovin Ibiza Fedtival night at Space, and hoping to goto Pacha once or twice too. Im presuming Bora Bora may be open too before its 'Official' opening? ANy other news on other things open / going on the week of 2nd - 9th May?

Back