Weekend Reports

Morbyd

As per Monday tradition...

Friday - Met up with friends for drinks. We wandered to a dive bar called Real McCoy and were very frightened. Ran from there to KitchKock for some pre-party action. Then to Soho Rooms where the evening included a great live performance by lounge act Gabin (a pleasant surprise... I'd expected a DJ set). Went to Krysha for after-hours before deciding to get breakfast at Etazh. Came home at 10am to a slightly annoyed missus who'd managed to get up before I got home (a definite no-no! :lol:)

Saturday - Checked out a new tapas bar for drinks and a late evening snack before going to a couple of bars and then Pacha for Defected w/ Copyright and then eventually Krysha.

Sunday - Went to the pub to watch a certain ref gift a victory to Liverpool. Went home for a nap before getting up at 2am to watch the SuperBowl.

Struggling a little bit today after only a couple of post-Superbowl hours of sleep :confused:

Chelsea have been a bit average this season tho, you have to admit - Liverpool were more ambitious overall and earned their luck .. however, it's all bout Utd coming good in the final furlong as per usual - Benitez blew it, basically...

the highlight of my weekend was cooking tapas (tortillas, patatas bravas, seafood, jamon serrano etc) for 15 guests at my flat on saturday as part of my week long birthday celebrations and then heading to the russian bar where I was given this highly strange 2cb tablet which sent me into a very dark place for a few hours - rest of evening sadly written off (journey home was trully apocalyptic)

yesterday, unwound at the horse & groom with my former landlady and finished my cake

Chelsea have been a bit average this season tho, you have to admit
True... but I still think it would have been a draw. We were defending well, for once. Alex had an especially good game.

A belated happy birthday to you.

thanks morbyd

I think the relegation battle is far more interesting now - any 3 of 10 teams could go down - not been this open for years

Friday - Quiet night in

Saturday: Got Kidnapped

Sunday - Felt sh** all day but made the NME bands thingy - rather good to hear a bit of live music for a change....

Fri - night in watching horrors with my gay friends, got truly scraed watching 'El orfonato' (the orphanage).

Sat - friends for dinner, then too much to drink out and about, fell in at 05.30, had to run 9 mile 6 hours later :eek: Not good

Sun - ran with a hangover, really hurt my brain. Then watched us thoroughly deserve our victory over Chavski, Lamps red card wasnt, Bouswinga should have been !! Morbs, alex was your only decent player. And thenk you Ashley cole ;)

Sunday - Went to the pub to watch a certain ref gift a victory to Liverpool.

8) :lol: We were all over you with 11 on 11. We had 18 shot at goal 9/10 on target to your 6 on goal 1 on target, nuf said.

8) :lol: We were all over you with 11 on 11. We had 18 shot at goal 9/10 on target to your 6 on goal 1 on target, nuf said.
True, our attack was anemic, nee, pathetic but we held an edge in possession. I still think it'd been a draw with 11 on 11. And Gerrard should have been sent off for his penalty box dive, studs-up challenge (much worse than Lampard's...nowhere near the ball!) and repeated fouling!

True... but I still think it would have been a draw. We were defending well, for once. Alex had an especially good game.

A belated happy birthday to you.

I like your optimism :D

You were shocking, as you have been against all the top teams this season. Whenever you've come up against a decent, organsied side that does not just roll over there has been no answer. Scolari just does not have the tactics to compete effectively.

Are you a bit worried? This is easily the worst Chelsea side for the last 5-6 years and i can't see it getting any better.

Scolari just does not have the tactics to compete effectively.

Are you a bit worried? This is easily the worst Chelsea side for the last 5-6 years and i can't see it getting any better.
Or maybe he just doesn't have the players? Bring back Duff & Robben! :lol:
Worried? Somewhat... we're still in 3rd place and it's pretty tight. Still a long way to go.

OK, enough you all. We lost... I know. I'm over it!

Up north all weekend saying bye to my family :cry: and saying bye to the doggies for 6 months :cry:

Lovely weekend tho of eating, drinking and dog walking in the countryside.............plus my sis is having a baby which is due just a couple of weeks after we get back from our travels :D

Isnt it just so :eek: at the end - that film properly caused hairs on back of neck to stand up most of the way throught it - very very atmospheric....

Thought it was fantastic, great story, great plot and was SO :eek: for a certificate 15. The foreign theme adds to the effect.

Rec and The descent are next on the list 8)

Thought it was fantastic, great story, great plot and was SO :eek: for a certificate 15. The foreign theme adds to the effect.

Rec and The descent are next on the list 8)

I did so well with the film that I forgot I was english while watching it - :lol::lol::lol::lol: no need to fully understand the Spanish dialogue - the film was that gripping in itself....

DJ Sneak at East Village with Chewie and Nitefly :) Excellent music, packed out. Played some proper old school tunes - accapella of Can you Feel It which went down well (that actually might have been Terry Farley but I was a bit elsewhere at that point) 8)

Paid the price on Sunday :eek:

gutted beyond gutted to miss sneak - all the reports on faith have been unanimously positive

although I read someone played Robin S upstairs :eek:

DJ Sneak at East Village with Chewie and Nitefly :) Excellent music, packed out. Played some proper old school tunes - accapella of Can you Feel It which went down well (that actually might have been Terry Farley but I was a bit elsewhere at that point) 8)

Paid the price on Sunday :eek:

First time seeing Sneak on Friday @ Pressure - thought he was just brilliant :D

Gym & Tonic :eek: I was 18 all over again :lol:

Friday - quiet night in with Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares on the telly

Saturday - headed out quite early, got a few bits done, bit of clothes shopping as it was payday weekend :lol:, new driver in the family being my sister so she took me and dad out for a spin to B&Q (need new furniture) and Waitrose (how lush are the cakes) :lol::lol:

Evening was out with some girlfriends that are going out with the bfs friends, nice to catch up, saw lots of old faces, bf and his motley crew eventually found us and we all had a nice drink together. Rest of the night is a blur, just about remember getting home, threw up 3 times on the way home (bf had to get the cab driver to stop :oops:), woke up at 530 on the couch, bf on the other, and devastated to find I had slept in my new leather jacket and creased one of the arms quite bad :cry: but hey least it werent covered in sick :oops:

Sunday - feeling very ashamed of my behaviour (hadnt even drunk that much), and annoyed I didnt say bye to anyone or make it onto a club. BF had the hump as he had to walk home from mine to play football (was meant to drive him but couldnt move), laid on the sofa all day after throwing up once more, watched some shows I had taped on Sky Plus then laid there again all evening watching Dancing On Ice with my mum - write off a day :oops::cry:

Still having yesterday off made up for it :lol::lol: thanks to the snow!

Evening was out with some girlfriends that are going out with the bfs friends, nice to catch up, saw lots of old faces, bf and his motley crew eventually found us and we all had a nice drink together. Rest of the night is a blur, just about remember getting home, threw up 3 times on the way home (bf had to get the cab driver to stop :oops:), woke up at 530 on the couch, bf on the other, and devastated to find I had slept in my new leather jacket and creased one of the arms quite bad :cry: but hey least it werent covered in sick :oops:

Sunday - feeling very ashamed of my behaviour (hadnt even drunk that much), and annoyed I didnt say bye to anyone or make it onto a club. BF had the hump as he had to walk home from mine to play football (was meant to drive him but couldnt move), laid on the sofa all day after throwing up once more, watched some shows I had taped on Sky Plus then laid there again all evening watching Dancing On Ice with my mum - write off a day :oops::cry:

Still having yesterday off made up for it :lol::lol: thanks to the snow!

Top effort, Emma :lol::lol::lol: 9/10

Friday - quiet night in with missus and kids.
Saturday - took kids to Kidspace for little girl's birthday party with some of her friends followed by Frankie N Bennys for lunch. Watched the Ham get a good point at the backhander club they called Arsenal. Little girl was ill after tha went doctors and they said viral infection again.
Sunday - still ill back to doctors who sent us to hospital. My little girl had been sick for over 24 hours and would not hold medicine or water so they had to put her on a drip. Kept her in overnight to monitor her but she had started to take water without being sick. Had to trek for an hour through snow yesterday to take bits to the hospital as no buses and roads shut by us and then eventually got a train to the hospital. Got home last night finally roads cleared and got a cab which they all conveniently wanted double fare to go anywhere!
Anyway she is better today and it is her 2nd birthday. So happy birthday to her and happy birthday to you Olly for last weekend. However my little boy has been sent home now ill! Bloomin kids, i'm off to get the snip!

Anyway she is better today and it is her 2nd birthday. So happy birthday to her and happy birthday to you Olly for last weekend.

Happy bday to your little girly m8, nothing in the world as aweful as one's children being poorly, glad to hear she's ok :)

Also Olly too, missed that one earlier:rolleyes:

Back