Weekend Reports

Morbyd

Let's get down to it, boppers

Morbyd in Weekend Plans thread said:
Friday - massive night.
- A friend's company's 7th birthday party. Alex Paterson from the Orb is DJing in between sets from a couple of bands. Starts early evening so...
- Depending on timing, might stop by a party by these expatriate Moscow-based promoters called Labelfu**ker. Some kind of audience participation live/DJ gig where they hand out cowbells. Would love to take a look, but by 1am I need to get to...
- Soho Rooms, where Kelly Rowlands is making an appearing. I'm sure she'll only sing a couple of songs (which is fine, as long as they include that 1 song by her I like :lol:)
- then hightail it over to Arma 17 to hopefully catch most of a set by Satoshi Tomiie 8)
All went as planned 8) Great night out. Labelf**ker event was entertaining - audience participation house (I shook some maracas for a bit :lol:). Kelly grabbed my outstretched hand, looks better in person, and sang the remixed version of that song "Work". Satoshi absosmurfly rocked the house.

Saturday - Afternoon at home watching football (5-0 Go Blues! Wigan unlucky!) with Chinese delivery. Finished a large MP3 archive reorganization project.
At night, joined up with a friend at Soho Rooms for a few drinks, tried to check out a new club but either we didn't find it or it was closed, then clubhopping through Famous and Opera. Ended up at Krysha Mira for a good long boggie till morn'.

Sunday - Rarely left the comfort of my bed & laptop. Caught up on Heroes, Terminator, South Park. Did a bit of website programming.

Feeling very sprightly and tidy...did a lot of work on the bunker (why is it that no matter how hard you work on a flat it never feels finished?)

Also smuggins here is about to begin week 4 of his caffeine/alocohol/processed foods/general toxicity free detox! 8)

Fri - friend came round, had a good old gossip & drank wine.
Sat - Bit of shopping in Oxford, couldn't find anything I liked. Stayed in at night, watched X Factor, drank wine & ate crisps.
Sun - Nice lunch, pub to watch football, drank wine, caught up with some friends. Woke up at 2 didn't get back to sleep til nearly 5 :evil: Very tired today.

Friday - evening in with the kids so spent evening being used as a climbing frame and having my glasses nicked every 5 mins. Bit TV that was it.

Saturday - missus took kids for lunch, gym for me. Met up with them over the park later then went to watch Brentwood Sudbury in FA trophy I think it was, anyway managed a few there and kept up to the date with my bets and as predicted kiss of death was given and won sod all! Evening time not much, pretty much the same as Friday evening.

Sunday, browsed the shops for xmas stuff for kids got Millenium Falcon in sale for a score so got that for my boy and stashed that with the rest of the xmas bundle! Done Sainsburys shopping then watched The Wild on Sky with the kids and dropped my boy home and chilled rest of evening. Watched new series of London Ink only to be faced with Joe Marsh who I had the pleasure of seeing earlier in Sainsburys! Watched couple episodes of Eli Stone. Nice chilled weekend, saving myself for this one coming! Half day Friday too!! Yeah baby!

Had a fab weekend in Sunny Romford with my best friend and her hubby for lots of vino, food, footy and a bit of minxiness :lol:

had a great weekend considering the football result - I was lulled into a false sense of security during the first half of the game..... then it went as per the norm... :lol::lol::lol:

Fri: Phil and I went out for dinner - chinese and wine - lovely lovely lovely.

Sat: Football for Phil - me doing Steph stuff.

Sat: Mate of Phil's popped round for an impromptu session which consisted of more wine and bed around 4am - very much enjoyed by all......

Sun: the papers, lazing around and a lovely home cooked sunday dinner.....

I am in a good place this week - feeling very invigorated and positive..... Onwards and Upwards .....8)

hello Morbyd

how was Dr Patterson?

I was a massive Orb fan for years until they basically ran out of ideas. Saw them at university around 93 and still remember them playing a 20min "ever pulsating...." complete with the minnie ripperton sample and the farmyard samples set to a mad acid undercurrent... awesome, awesome music

my friday and saturday were dull, mainly spent cursing the canine misfit upstairs which keeps barking. Sunday on the other hand was enjoyable. I spent much of it at a disco pub in shoreditch, which was ace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppylover
Sat: Mate of Phil's popped round for an impromptu session which consisted of more wine and bed around 4am

How liberated you North Easterners are!:eek:

Quote:
- very much enjoyed by all......

I'll bet it was:lol:

Walked into that one didnt I ?? :oops::oops: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Quote:
Sat: Mate of Phil's popped round for an impromptu session which consisted of more wine and bed around 4am

How liberated you North Easterners are!:eek:

Quote:
- very much enjoyed by all......

I'll bet it was:lol:

Walked into that one didnt I ?? :oops::oops: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

did ya wash ya hands afterwards? :confused:

it was all about friday at the WHP AND IT WAS SUPERB! Richie Hawtin was possibly better than at the Cocoon Closing party! 8)

Friday - Dinner with a mate

Saturday - Spit the dog theme night at my mate's mum's hotel. Bob Carolgees was actually there. Legend.

Sunday - A bit of work the more sleb spottting. Kenny Thomas in the Malt and Hops Public House! Apparently he wasn't "Thinking About My [your] Love" and didn't appreciate being asked. Then some more work.

Friday - leaving do after work, oh my god what a night, wayyyy too much drink, but the girl leaving really enjoyed herself - we had been naughty and got her a stripper - the pics are on FB for those who care to look :lol: we then carried the night on back home and ended up at a mates, in a double bed, not knowing where I was :eek::lol:

Saturday - walk of shame in the morning :oops:, got myself home and washed and felt a lot better. Did more decorating then needed an afternoon nap. Round friends in evening for a takeaway night and a bit of tv. Very nice evening.

Sunday - out for breakfast in the morning, then pretty much lazed about for the rest of the day, nice roast dinner to finish it all off:lol:

The 'walk of shame' aka 'The Stride of Pride' involves sex with a stranger Em? What are you telling us here?

Well it definitely didnt involve sex with a stranger - not that I am aware of :eek::eek: - kidding. But no nothing of that sort went on. Not with me anyway....maybe the walk of shame for people who dont have random sex with strangers should be called something else?

But I did feel pretty rotten getting on the train at 9am, part of my top in my bag, shoes not done up properly, still feeling drunk, in last nights clothes :oops::lol:

In Bournemouth there's like one main road whether all the 'young' people live, or filter off or whatever. Anyway, come Sunday morning at 9AM, there used to be literally loads of them walking down this one road, weird sight, it's just fantastic watching all the Bournemouth sloshpots doing their walk of shame in last night's clothes, fake tan running. I, of course, would be skipping down the road.

My weekend consisted of local beers, cinema, football and a lovely little autumnal walk in the woods. Trés senisble but gotta keep stacking paper.

how was Dr Patterson?

I was a massive Orb fan for years until they basically ran out of ideas. Saw them at university around 93 and still remember them playing a 20min "ever pulsating...." complete with the minnie ripperton sample and the farmyard samples set to a mad acid undercurrent... awesome, awesome music
Paterson was alright. Played a very eclectic selection of tunes. It was more like a party mix than a club set. He comes out here quite often, actually. I met him once or twice as he's a friends of a friend.

Back