Weekend Reports

Buckley

I love Barcelona!

Pictures and more words later but our weekend was so good we can't wait to go back. Thanks to all here who gave us tips and recommendations.8)

Fri: friends came around for dinner and drinks. Left by 3
Saturday: Very very very cold, but finally found the courage to leave the duvet to go to a great private party. Got home by 6
Sunday: Spent the day in the sofa

Fri: friends came around for dinner and drinks. Left by 3
Saturday: Very very very cold, but finally found the courage to leave the duvet to go to a great private party. Got home by 6
Sunday: Spent the day in the sofa

Was a bit nippy at night, but the days were so warm we were amazed.

You're ever so lucky to live in a place where you're surrounded by art Sil. I want to live in Barcelona, get a dog and walk him in Guell Park every day!:lol: 8)

Was a bit nippy at night, but the days were so warm we were amazed.

You're ever so lucky to live in a place where you're surrounded by art Sil. I want to live in Barcelona, get a dog and walk him in Guell Park every day!:lol: 8)

NO, it was very very very cold :lol: :lol: . I left my place at 7 and it was just 2º :eek: :eek:

I know, it's a very cheap city cos the best is in the streets, thanks to centralization, the really good museums are in Madrid :confused: but we don't need them, our city is still more beautiful :lol:

NO, it was very very very cold :lol: :lol: . I left my place at 7 and it was just 2º :eek: :eek:

I know, it's a very cheap city cos the best is in the streets, thanks to centralization, the really good museums are in Madrid :confused: but we don't need them, our city is still more beautiful :lol:

And the Nou Camp! What I'd give to play there, even for some sort of charity event like I did at Highbury. The way every seat seems right on top the pitch must make for the best atmosphere ever. We spent so long at Guell Park yesterday that we were too late for a guided tour but still got into the stands through for the museum. Gutted we couldn't stay for the game though - we're going to plan a return specifically for one next time.

We never got around to booking Pla, but we were quite happy grazing on tapas every 5 mins :)oops: :lol: ) in the end anyway.

Good night saturday. Sharam was good, and i haven't seen ministry that busy for ages. It seemed busier than it was for their 25th bday celebration night.

Was also impressed by miss nine, who played a nice warm up ste.

Glad you had a good trip, Buckster.

My weekend
Friday - Attended a friend's birthday party, got very drunk, then went to Fabrique for Spanish DJ Chus Soler (not very good :confused:). Stopped by a nother party for a bit. Grabbed some Planeta Sushi carry out for breakfast on the way home.

Saturday - After a couple hours sleep, randomly woke up and decided to make a big pot of plov. Slept again in the afternoon. Went to see a DJ set by Etienne de Crecy & Superdiscount at B1 :D. Met up with a friend at Karma Bar and then headed to Mix for a long after-hours session.

Sunday - Narrowly missed an ultranationalist demonstration 3 blocks from my apartment on my way home :eek: Got a bit of sleep then spent the day glued to my sofa watching football then 2 movies - Blood Diamond and World Trade Center.

And the Nou Camp! What I'd give to play there, even for some sort of charity event like I did at Highbury. The way every seat seems right on top the pitch must make for the best atmosphere ever. We spent so long at Guell Park yesterday that we were too late for a guided tour but still got into the stands through for the museum. Gutted we couldn't stay for the game though - we're going to plan a return specifically for one next time.

We never got around to booking Pla, but we were quite happy grazing on tapas every 5 mins :)oops: :lol: ) in the end anyway.

My next visit at Camp Nou is on 10th february for Barça - Madrid 8) :twisted: :D
Barça and Pla, you can't have better excuses to come back ;)

My next visit at Camp Nou is on 10th february for Barça - Madrid 8) :twisted: :D
Barça and Pla, you can't have better excuses to come back ;)

Think I'm booked out already that weekend Sil otherwise it'd be a serious consideration. I've decided to try and watch Barca games that are on TV here from now on. I might end up sneaking out of Space etc a la Ferd:lol:

Fri - went to Agenda in the City for drinks with pals and old work pals was a good night, lots of drink flowing

Sat - Didnt do much during the day, mooched about, went to Outback for dinner in the evening then few drinks

Sun - Had the laziest day ever, didnt leave the house once, watched all the usual stuff on Sunday telly, Eastenders, Shipwrecked, Top Gear, Big Bro, proper TV addict and had the best roast dinner ever :lol:

Think I'm booked out already that weekend Sil otherwise it'd be a serious consideration. I've decided to try and watch Barca games that are on TV here from now on. I might end up sneaking out of Space etc a la Ferd:lol:

It's impossible to get tickets for that match, Bucks. THere's people who have season ticket and only goes to Barça-Madrid, like my neighbor :D
If you do a Ferd, make sure to check the classifications, otherwise you may leave your friend's birthday to watch Barça playing against the last one on the table :lol: :lol:

Fri - went out for tapas and wine after work with Tom.

Sat - got my hair washed and dried at the hairdressers (I swear little creatures were living in it :lol: ) then in the afternoon my sis, her boyfriend, friends from Liverpool and the one with the big head all come round. Out for lunch and a few drinks and more pre-drinks at ours, then headed to the classy Weatherspoons (to quote the northerners it's cheaper than drinking up north' :lol: ) and met up with the rest of the gang for birthday celebrations part 2 :lol: So good to see everyone out (even Ferd turned up and wasn't looking for a TV screen :lol: ). Got into Ministry soon after 11 and there was already a big queue and the Box was already open and warming up nicely. Miss Nine played first who was very good (and almost disproved the theory that birds can be let out of the kitchen and into a DJ booth :lol: ) and then Mark Knight was very good too (and embracing the Eric Prydz look :lol: ) and then main man Sharam who was just ace :D One of those nights where you can't stop dancing and grinning like a loon :D Left there and everyone came back ours, our house was bursting at the seams and Sunday consisted of the usual wines, bumps, football bets, weighing heads :lol: and Rach giving Barry to Harvey :lol: Somehow forgot to go to the football :oops: but out pitchside seats were much warmer and you could drink wine on tap :lol: Poor Forest didn't cause the major upset I was expecting :cry: and then carried on til we passed out.

Fab wkend and thanks for everyone making it so much fun :D

It's impossible to get tickets for that match, Bucks. THere's people who have season ticket and only goes to Barça-Madrid, like my neighbor :D
If you do a Ferd, make sure to check the classifications, otherwise you may leave your friend's birthday to watch Barça playing against the last one on the table :lol: :lol:

Surely to 'do a Ferd' properly, I'd have to know it was a nothing match and still abandon my chum's celebrations?:lol:

Surely to 'do a Ferd' properly, I'd have to know it was a nothing match and still abandon my chum's celebrations?:lol:

:lol: He was meeting his Barry from the airport yesterday after Ministry and was already trying to work out how he could leave her so he could watch last night's Barca game (despite not seeing her for 3 weeks :lol: ).

Exactly. If Barça plays against Nastic, who last year was in second league and next year is going to be in second league, then leave whatever you are doing and tell everyone: is the match of the year :lol:

Quite a messy weekend :eek:

Friday: Ugly betty, big brother, bed.

Saturday: Headed to london at lunch time, did a bit of shopping and then watched borat which my friend had downloaded. :eek: :eek: @ the naked wrestling section :lol: :lol:

In the evening headed out to the mulletover warehouse party, which despite the terrible organisation (a scrum to get in, 3 security checks :confused: and an overloaded cloakroom, mile long toilet queues) was really brilliant with top notch music. Turned out there wasn't an official afterparty so we headed to the aquarium which was absolutely dire :eek: - terrible music, very odd crowd. Basically we were just waiting for the toilet to open but eventually a couple of friends and I decided to leave and go to 1001 for a relaxed coffee before public life.. well turns out there's an afterparty at 1001 on sunday mornings now :lol: where the music was luckily far better, although still a slightly odd crowd.

As the toilet queue was far too big waited headed to ditch on shoreditch high street for a bit, and then back to the toilet mid afternoon where we got in fine.

As usual toilet was brilliant :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: and cemented itself as my favourite afterhours club in london :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: . Techno there sounds absolutely lovely, gosh it was brilliant.

Feeling wrong today :eek: but at least my body doesn't ache that much anymore after body pump :lol:

Friday - worked from home and stayed in my PJs all day. Curry and wine in the evening.

Saturday - Barbie's birthday (again) at Ministry, which was excellent. It's weird without the podium in the middle of the main room - it helped me to keep track of my friends (coz you knew Babs was always going to be on it).:lol:

Sunday - Most enjoyable afterparty in Ealing then the world's longest tube journey ever back to Balham and crawled into bed like middle earth's horridest gollum. :lol:

Back