Weather in September

mp2018

Hi. Will be in Ibiza mid September. What is the normal weather and this years forecast for September ? We love sunbathing and swimming, but I am not sure whether temperatures of the air and sea would be comfortable for that.

Any experience?

don't worry, I've been going in september for years, all in all it's perfect weather. usually sunny and warm, with the odd rainy day. yes, I once or twice had bad luck with a whole week of storms and rain, but the great majority of my stays were great. I found that mid and end of september is actually more stable than the beginning of september when storms occur more often as the weather changes to autumn.

Usually decent through the day but temp does drop off dramatically in the evenings I've found. And yes more susceptible to cloud or rain but not much you can do about that anywhere!

Usually decent through the day but temp does drop off dramatically in the evenings I've found. And yes more susceptible to cloud or rain but not much you can do about that anywhere!
Thanks everyone for the answers. They do give a comfort that our vacation will be great .

From mid-Sept onwards you are quite likely to have a thunderstorm, and if unlucky consecutive days. But it will be very warm (and humid) and the sea will still be warm.

Strangely enough you can have clear days on Formentera and watch the storms over Ibiza, maybe the hills attract the clouds?!! Worth having sat24.com handy to see the flow of the weather and prepare accordingly. But don't let all that put you off, September and June are the two best months IMO with October not far behind!! In three words, warm but unpredictable.

From the 7th-21st it will be mainly sh*t

Simply because im there and i never have good luck with weather in Ibz:lol:

Hi. Will be in Ibiza mid September. What is the normal weather and this years forecast for September ? We love sunbathing and swimming, but I am not sure whether temperatures of the air and sea would be comfortable for that.

Any experience?

Back in 2015 I stayed in Ibiza from September 7th - 12th. Here is a page of pics I took. The weather was mixed. There was heavy rain before I arrived and the placed was starting to dry out. Some days were clear, beautiful and hot, and other days were cloudy with a gentle breeze but still very warm with breaks in the clouds. 25 - 29 c.

Photos from mid September 2015.

https://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/lots-of-pics-from-ibiza-last-week.74288/

Last edited:
Haha im honestly not bothered about the weather im very lucky to even be going this year and Ibz is ibz come rain or sun:)

Back