Vegetarian-friendly restaurants

Clara

Arrived yesterday and went up to Dalt Villa for dinner last night. However despite my booking and being told they would be open, my previous favourite La Torreta already shut :)spank:) and all the others aroubd there were already shut or on their last night (La Oliva).

Went down to La Bodega which was excellent and apparently open until late November.

Can anyone recommend any other veggie-friendly (I eat fish but my fiancé is vegetarian) in Ibiza Town that isn't just pizza or pasta?

passion in la marina is the first one I can think of. there are more though, let me think

Thanks Stivi! Is that the same Passion as in PDB?

Love that place for lunch but ideally after somewhere that's more of a restaurant for the evening.

it is the same group yeah, but the menue is different than the one in pdb.

here are two more - out of time people behind plaza de parque and yatiri not far from pacha. I am although not sure they're still open now so check beforehand. out of time is very simple, yatiri is more a proper restaurant.

by the way, I'm not a veggie (quite the opposite), but a few days ago I got a great tip from a veggie: www.happycow.net - a fantastic website with veggie and healthy shops & restaurants worldwide!

There s one we were in last week behind that hostal in plazza de parque.Cant think of the name but really good.

Out of Town People looked pretty closed yesterday, sadly. Went a few years ago and it was lovely.

We liked the choices at La Bodega. Anywhere similar? Will check out the area around Plazza de Parque tonight.

Speaking of which, where is the best place for drinks around there?

Prices definitely seem to have come down in Ibiza for food and drink, compared with in August!

La Bodega is ok but the staff are a nightmare.Kinda stopped eating in Ibiza town a few years ago and now we walk from figueretas along Av de Espana and look down some street to find hidden gems ;) 43 tapas bar on Av de esp is really and of course Ancient People just before you get to vara de ray. Thats as far as we go for food in Ibiza Town.:)

Thanks Craig! Will any of those be open in late October? We stayed in Es Vive in August and discovered loads of great places around Figueretas and just into Ibiza Town.

The service at La Bodega was good yesterday and it was very busy.

ancient people stay open all year and 43 should stay open to id say.With Bodega i hate all the bull$hit when you arrive and they all fanny about to see where are they going to seat you.We`re only here for the food just give us a table and we`ll be gone before you can check your make up in the mirror :) and thats only the guys..;)

re drinks, if we're at plaza de parque we somehow always end up at madagascar. always lively and we always know a few people when we stop there. then on the weekend nights (thu-sat) also a few places in marina botafoch (sushipoint for example) get lively. then of course veto (ex-grial) close to pacha. and nine a bit behind the mcdo in the port is also a good one for drinks on the weekend.

Maybe it's only open during the day in winter?

Another place we discovered which was buzzy and had a good vegetarian selection was Locals Only on Placa del Parc. Very good quality, local ingredients.

For me, as a plant-based eater I've grown to love best the restaurants that have variety on their menu for a vegetarian.

Soy un vegetariano estricto... and as such it's always a welcome surprise when an otherwise ordinary venue offers veggie fare. :)

I don't know though... my impression just from communicating on the internet is that other cultures and countries are slow to embrace vegan or otherwise plant-based cuisine.

Anyway, it's such a healthy way of eating that I'm hooked. I've been since last year (January) eating mostly plant based with very few exceptions. Sometimes something comes w/ queso accidentally, pero yo nunca pido para eso. - There's my bad Spanish! LOL! Someone correct it! :D

I did discover this morning vegan cuisine in the most unlikely of places - the grocery store deli. The deli has Superfood Salad that I will regularly eat rather than wait until later in the morning for other options to become available (grocery store hours are better).

The draw of variety takes me sometimes to places where I wouldn't otherwise be eating. For example there's a Korean noodle dish called Japchae. It's delicious.

I don't know if you'll find it in Ibiza - London, more likely... We have it at a place called Gen that serves Korean.

Since this threat got bumped, I'll add that El Olivio Mio (just a few doors down from La Olivia... coincidence?) has been a go-to for me for vegetarian-friendly fare in Dalt Vila. While their vegetarian selections aren't extensive, they always have something tasty that catches my eye (like an asparagus risotto) and I've had pretty good luck getting a table on short notice. I enjoy the location too, in a fairly wide spot just inside the main wall of the Dalt Vila. Just be aware that their menu also marks seafood dishes as "vegetarian" since they "don't have meat" so you have to pay a bit of attention.

Unfortunately most of the other vegetarian friendly restaurants I've enjoyed over the years in that area haven't survived more than a year or two, but I'm always hopeful that I'll find something new on my next visit. One exception that's there in a pinch is Beykebap, right on the marina at the base of the Dalt Vila -- it's just fast food, but hummus and a falafel wrap provides pretty good energy for a night out at the clubs.

Thanks for the bump!

Simbiosis (formerly Out Of Time People) was outstanding last summer for veggie & vegan food (think it might all be vegan) and in a beautiful setting, just by the walls of Dalt Vila.

Another bump to this, going in a few weeks with a vegan friend, so any new additions in 2023 or simply the best ones will be appreciated :)

Will look into Green and Simbiosis mentioned above.

Back