Ushuaïa 2017

simonrichardafc

Is it odd that just Ants and Garrix have been announced at this stage? Looking to sort my club tickets early and am a bit surprised only those two nights have been announced so far! Thanks

Is it odd that just Ants and Garrix have been announced at this stage? Looking to sort my club tickets early and am a bit surprised only those two nights have been announced so far! Thanks

they focus on putting out their new night club's programme first (hï), but I'm sure the rest of the ushuaïa line up will follow rather soon

they focus on putting out their new night club's programme first (hï), but I'm sure the rest of the ushuaïa line up will follow rather soon

Would explain the delay, thanks Stivi! Similar to last year you reckon? Guetta Monday, Hardwell Tuesday, Axwell and Ingrosso Wednesday?

they must fill the sunday spot and i think about if hardwell is coming back this year...

Are acts like Hardwell, Axwell & Ingrosso even still relevent; you hear nothing of them in the UK.

Or EDM for a matter of fact.

I don't expect someone new at Ushuaia, and they don't need one. Some more Robin Schulz dates maybe plus Hardwell, Axwell/Ingrosso, Oliver Heldens, Martin Garrix and Guetta (later two confirmed).
Add some special Steve Aoki one-offs and Ants on a Saturday.

Only big names missing then would be Dimitri Vegas/Like Mike. They'd fit perfectly for Ushuaia mainstage IF they ditch Amnesia.

Are acts like Hardwell, Axwell & Ingrosso even still relevent; you hear nothing of them in the UK.

Or EDM for a matter of fact.

Axwell / Ingrosso are pretty much constantly on radio play lists aren't they?

'EDM' still has a big following in the UK I'd say and lots of huge events around... that said smaller audience than other countries so a lot of the names don't spend as much time here as they could / should. Mainly because those names purely play festivals or one off arena shows than club shows

2 dates only for Axwell / Ingrosso

26th July
2nd August

Bad news for me. Probably this year I can not see them.

I am really curious about what Ushuaia is going to do this year. Ushuaia has lost two of its most popular parties, Ax & In on wednesday and Avicii on sunday. It will not be easy to replace those artists.

One possibility is Alesso, friend of Ax & In, and with very similar music. He could be a good option

Bad news for me. Probably this year I can not see them.

I am really curious about what Ushuaia is going to do this year. Ushuaia has lost two of its most popular parties, Ax & In on wednesday and Avicii on sunday. It will not be easy to replace those artists.

One possibility is Alesso, friend of Ax & In, and with very similar music. He could be a good option

Major Lazer residency possibly? Quite a good concept for Ushuaia?

Or maybe just get artists to do small residency for a few weeks? Like you say, Alesso, Hardwell etc on Wednesday

It is so annoying when people like Martin Garrix or David guetta take up 2 nights each... when they could be used by other djs:cry:

like who?

seriously interested, name me a few artists that...

a) don't have a residency on the island yet
b) would guarantee a full house every week

and then there's also

c) group of fantastic underground artists that simply don't want to have their own night on the island
d) group of artists that once had their own residency and are now comfortably getting their money in the states

like who?

and then there's also

c) group of fantastic underground artists that simply don't want to have their own night on the island
d) group of artists that once had their own residency and are now comfortably getting their money in the states

I don't really like EDM but for ushuaia instead of guetta they could have Steve Angello or Alesso or a 'future house' party as that genre is getting popular

For Hi instead of martin garrix I would have Deep Dish or Ben Klock:rolleyes: but if it wasn't a tech-house night the "full on" trance party that was some years ago...

Last edited:
Major Lazer residency possibly? Quite a good concept for Ushuaia?

Or maybe just get artists to do small residency for a few weeks? Like you say, Alesso, Hardwell etc on Wednesday

Hardwell has his own day. If he plays on wednesday, ushuaia will need another dj for tuesday.

like who?

and then there's also

Aoki, Calvin Harris, Alesso, Deadmau 5, Major Lazer could be good choices. But Calvin Harris is too expensive, and I do not see Deadmau 5 at Ushuaia.

Other names like Nicky Romero or Zedd with good company could be an option too. But they are far from Avicii and Axwell & Ingrosso.

How was Kygo last year? He did a couple of gigs at Ushuaia and has same ticket prices as "big ones".

Aoki, Calvin Harris, Alesso, Deadmau 5, Major Lazer could be good choices. But Calvin Harris is too expensive, and I do not see Deadmau 5 at Ushuaia.

Yeah Calvin Harris is basically pretty restricted due to his Vegas residency at $250k a night on doing anything in Ibiza or many festivals at all. Nice work if you can get it

I don't really like EDM but for ushuaia instead of guetta they could have Steve Angello or Alesso or a 'future house' party as that genre is getting popular

For Hi instead of martin garrix I would have Deep Dish or Ben Klock:rolleyes: but if it wasn't a tech-house night the "full on" trance party that was some years ago...

not sure angello or alesso are big enough to fill ushuaïa.
deep dish wouldn't fill the club.
ben klock doesn't want to have his own night.

Hardwell has his own day. If he plays on wednesday, ushuaia will need another dj for tuesday.

Other names like Nicky Romero or Zedd with good company could be an option too. But they are far from Avicii and Axwell & Ingrosso.

How was Kygo last year? He did a couple of gigs at Ushuaia and has same ticket prices as "big ones".

calvin harris is happy playing usa gigs mostly.
nicky romero and zedd are probably not big enough to fill ushuaïa.

but you listed a few names that do have potential ;)

I think there is a massive lack of appreciation how bloody hard it is to a) fill a club week in and week out for 10-20 weeks, and b) make it financially work. I mean Ben Klock as much as I love him filling a club for 10-20 weeks is just pie in the sky! At the end of the day if Ushuaia (or any other club) could make a residency work for the said artists above - then they would!

Back