Twitter, is it better than facebook?

utagaura

So I hear that twitter is the next big thing.. even bigger and better than facebook.

I hear from the experts that I will soon be connecting intimately with networks I never knew existed, all over the world and perhaps even make intimate 'connections' with several thousand people.

But, it just looks like a bunch of updates. So all I need to do is write, "Meryl is having a glass of orange juice" "Meryl is putting her socks in the wash"... and that's it?

Enlighten me. What's so good about Twitter?

Should I do it?

So I hear that twitter is the next big thing.. even bigger and better than facebook.

I hear from the experts that I will soon be connecting intimately with networks I never knew existed, all over the world and perhaps even make intimate 'connections' with several thousand people.

But, it just looks like a bunch of updates. So all I need to do is write, "Meryl is having a glass of orange juice" "Meryl is putting her socks in the wash"... and that's it?

Enlighten me. What's so good about Twitter?

Should I do it?

Im on there, but to be honest I always forget to update it. I've not worked it out properly, eg you can message people but im not sure how, it's literally a running commentary of your day if you can be arsed to keep doing it. The anooying thing is that it's best used when mobile, however in it's mobile form eg "twitterberry" it's annoyingly limited. The most popular "twitterers" by far re stephen fry & barack obama who update very regularly, stephen frys are usually short and funny, baracks are long and as you may expect quite inspirational, which makes me wonder how he finds the time. Mine are pretty mundane to be honest, but follow me by all means @jjinit ;)

I just signed up an hour ago :lol:

I only did it to take care of something for work, though. I can't imagine I'll ever use it.

I really don't get the idea. Why would anyone would want to sign up for someone's Twitter feed? It's like blogs for those with minimal attention spans on the one side, and the ultimate electronic vanity exercise for those who "tweet".

hmnn.. I haven't signed up... yet! ;)

it seems like a lot of work and my mobile is crap, so I don't know if I can update from it anyway.... do people really want to know what I'm doing all day?

problem is, once I start these things, I get addicted. :twisted:

I just signed up an hour ago :lol:

I only did it to take care of something for work, though. I can't imagine I'll ever use it.

I really don't get the idea. Why would anyone would want to sign up for someone's Twitter feed? It's like blogs for those with minimal attention spans on the one side, and the ultimate electronic vanity exercise for those who "tweet".

you didn't!!

for work? so 'running late" or "in a meeting" ? Yay.

ahh.. I did meet someone who told me that it will overtake the world by July. I'll be waiting.

I dont think I can be bothered.

FB statuses still make me laugh - some of the things people care to share :lol::lol::lol:

FB statuses still make me laugh - some of the things people care to share :lol::lol::lol:

I jumped on to my sister in laws profile one day when she wasn't looking and informed the world that she was taking a nice long dump.......................she didnt find it funny??

Yes indeed...

And who has the time or the inclination to inform the world about his or her little life ?

Can just about understand why it might be interesting to know about Obama's day or opinions, but the great masses (including myself), why ????

Then again, I am one of the "unsigned", not on Facebook, or MySpace or Bebo or any of them, so probably just backward and a "virtual" anti-social being...

Last edited by a moderator:

My mate's sister p1sses me off with her hourly updates!! I don't mean to be rude love but just fcuk off!!!:lol:

Then my missus mate decides to post 10 photos off her at Arsenal!! What the funk!!! Don't give a sh!t about either!

While i'm at it, the new facebook is toilet.

While i'm at it, the new facebook is toilet.
They've moved a couple of things around today, more or less back to their previous positions. Layout-wise, I don't really have a problem with it anymore.

But the garbage that comes through the feed now is aggravating. And a couple of the other tweaks (no excluding photos from website links, no excluding certain apps from your feed)

I cant find events anymore......or birthdays? Its just disappeared.

I relied on the birthday thing just incase I had forgotten someone important bday :lol:

Back