Too old for ibiza?

Badger_Nostripes

No longer active
Having just read comments in another thread, it made me think. At what point will I turn into that old person who really shouldn't be out in the clubs.

I like to think I am as open minded as the next open minded person, but I have been guilty of looking over at a "veteran clubber" and thinking go home and have a horlicks grandad. But at the same time I cant see anything that would quash my love of Ibiza.

So... when do you stop being an "experienced" clubber and turn into the wierdo?

I sometimes think that, there is a fine line between 'veteren clubber' and a sad old git :lol:

I am 31 now and I don't feel at all old in Ibiza, but then again I don't want to be binting around the Space Terrace in 10/15+ years time when I am an old hag :lol:

I guess what happens (and I've seen this happen to other people) you still go to Ibiza but gradually over time you cut down on your clubbing nights and when you do go out you sleep after clubbing and don't carry on so it's more of a sensible 'grown-up' type of clubbing :lol:

250px-Open_coffin.jpg

you can never be too old to go clubbing, just don't start wearing spiderman outfits when you hit 40..................in fact, just never wear a spidey outfit.

;) :D

I sometimes think that, there is a fine line between 'veteren clubber' and a sad old git :lol:

I am 31 now and I don't feel at all old in Ibiza, but then again I don't want to be binting around the Space Terrace in 10/15+ years time when I am an old hag :lol:

I guess what happens (and I've seen this happen to other people) you still go to Ibiza but gradually over time you cut down on your clubbing nights and when you do go out you sleep after clubbing and don't carry on so it's more of a sensible 'grown-up' type of clubbing :lol:

sometimes i think it's a case of not that you don't go out as much, just that you might not go to the same places you went to when you were younger.

for whilst, aged 16, bellyflopping into the water at es paradis at 7am to jeremy healy playing one of the people is a superb memory, i doubt i'm ever likely to do it again not cos i'm conscious of being too old, just cos that isn't up my street anymore.

sometimes i think it's a case of not that you don't go out as much, just that you might not go to the same places you went to when you were younger.

for whilst, aged 16, bellyflopping into the water at es paradis at 7am to jeremy healy playing one of the people is a superb memory, i doubt i'm ever likely to do it again not cos i'm conscious of being too old, just cos that isn't up my street anymore.

agreed, however, can see me bobbing my head at space in appreciation of something nice & proggy for many years to come!!! :lol:

unhappily (or happily) for us all we can't see into the future. i can remember the day i said no more to going out to clubs. i must have been 35 or 36 or 37 and we went to the hacienda. it was hot, crowded, uncomfortable, full of kids and the toilets were 3 inches deep in p1ss. i've never been anywhere like that since - you just grow out of things (no matter how much you say i'm 18 till i die)

as a youngster i always looked upon oldies as wasting valuable space in clubs - they just shouldn't be there. they can't dance, they look stupid with their daft clothes and they have no idea about the music!

and morbyd, i am generalising, so there will of course be exceptions.......

I'll be 30 this year in Ibiza... and i don't plan on spending too many nights at home catching up on my knitting!

I honestly feel that most of my friends my age can't keep up with me... so thats why I usually go it alone.

Dont' know what i'll be like in 10, 20 years.

Of course most of the clubs are mainly under 35s but i think it depend on the clubs one goes to and the time of the season a well.

funnily enough I was reading a diary I kept when I was 18 and living in London... and laughed out loud at some of places I went to that I thought were 'so coool!" or 'my best night ever!!" :lol:

and morbyd, i am generalising, so there will of course be exceptions.......
Why is everyone picking on me today? Where's that Super Polack guy when you need him? :lol:

I do think you're right... there is a point when you look around and see "kids" and wonder what you're doing there. I sometimes feel like that at trance parties. :lol: Irina, who's a couple years older, feels like that at most clubs these days. Can't see myself "growing" out of it anytime soon though...

I think it depends on your own state of mind,if you are worried about wether you`re too old, you have to ask yourself, are you there because you like the music or are you there because you want to be seen to fit in with your peer group?

I do think you're right... there is a point when you look around and see "kids" and wonder what you're doing there. I sometimes feel like that at trance parties. :lol: Irina, who's a couple years older, feels like that at most clubs these days. Can't see myself "growing" out of it anytime soon though...

I feel like the embarrassing old Auntie you get at wedding receptions when Tom drags me to trance nights :lol: I like it :lol:

Why is everyone picking on me today? Where's that Super Polack guy when you need him? :lol:

laura and i are similar Morbyd
when we go clubbing she feels that she's too old to be there
i want to keep going (london watch out - Clive Henry at The End sunday morning after Sander K)

i've promised to stop clubbing by the time i reach 50

had my fill of annual ibiza trips.

took too much out of me (mind and wallet).

will go again soon tho to watch people get ****ered.

8)

I hadly ever go clubbing these days, just grown out of it. I still lile clubbing in Ibiza though but again prob only do 2-3 clubs in a week now. Boring old cow. :lol:

sometimes I do feel old when I'm out, but I look younger than my age so I guess I don't look out of place. You never actually know how old others are. I met a guy last year who was 46 .. he dressed well, was quite attractive and didn't look out of place at all!

Now, I rarely go out clubbing in Edmonton, just because its so crap.. there's not much point... so I save myself for that once-a-year-trip to ibiza.

I don't think being older is that much of a bad thing.

Its a different situation, but both my parents are in their 60s.. they've always been very fit, but 2 years ago they decided they wanted to start doing pole vault.. no one their age does it so they've had to join a high school track club one night a week, and half the kids they train with aren't even 20!

I think thats a good thing! Maybe some people are laughing at them because they are old .. I don't know!:lol:

I really don't see myself not enjoying clubbing... I love it, the music, the clubs, atmposphere ....more than anyone I know

I think its sad if people stop doing something they enjoy... just because a few others think that person is 'too old!'. There's always going to be negative people!

you can never be too old to go clubbing, just don't start wearing spiderman outfits when you hit 40..................in fact, just never wear a spidey outfit.

;) :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back home hes a good doctor when hes in ibiza he turns into ther amazing spiderman clubber !

Having just read comments in another thread, it made me think. At what point will I turn into that old person who really shouldn't be out in the clubs.

I like to think I am as open minded as the next open minded person, but I have been guilty of looking over at a "veteran clubber" and thinking go home and have a horlicks grandad. But at the same time I cant see anything that would quash my love of Ibiza.

Its official for me I have reached that stage - not so much Ibiza - there, I feel younger if anything but that's because of the diverse cross section of visitors to the Island.

I went clubbing 2 weeks ago and I felt like a sad old hag who should know better to be honest - I was definately old enough to be the parent of probably every person in the club - for the first time, I felt uncomfortable.

But I said to Phil I will see this year out with a bang to celebrate my 20th anniversary of clubbing and 'aving it large............ then I hang up my dancing shoes .......

Last edited by a moderator:
puppylover, do you think you will really hang up your dancing shoes? That sounds so sad !:cry: ;)

Aren't you going to Ibiza this year? I have been saying every year when I go to Ibiza that "maybe this will help me get it out of my system".... but it just makes it worse in that I'm addicted to the island! :lol:

Back