tipping in ibiza

most tipping is up to you.ie good service drinks meal.its around 10% of bill. normanlly.if taxi driver picks your bags up stay.and takes them out. (airport)worth a small tip.say a euro at least.(buys him a small beer)taxi to other places is up to you.

like in bars if bill say comes to 9.45.give them 10 and tell them to keep change.tipping is not really a must.but one of those european custom.

i would - generally you'd tip for any "service" related things - ie round it up to next whole number or add a euro and some shrapnel - its an easy way of getting rid of the 2's, 5's and ten's ;)

yes i do tip when i have my haircut.and buy her flowers/chocs.well she does save somethings of mine .

In DC-10 on Monday I bought a bottle of beer for 7 euros, gave the girl a 10 euro note . When I lifted the 3 euro off the tip dish she looked at me in disgust and banged the dish off the counter a few times.

No tip for her.

Every time i tip in Ibiza the server does a double take to see if i'm doing what they think I am. Still tip after every meal/drink mind.

i've learnt it's rude to leave your small coins like 1's, 2's, 5's!

no matter where you are, it's pretty not nice to give a waiter or a waitress this small stuff... either tip properly, or don't. the worst are the ones, being in a foreign country and not adapting to the tipping customs, even though it is a cultural element! For me, personally, if I'm in foreign country, I always tip between 5 and 10%. 10% is always safe, as it is American and so, pretty international. But watch out in Asian countrys: if you tip too much, it is like an offense for them...

And by the way, I've learnt in Spain, that it is not at all popular to pay seperately... Even though the waiterEss would earn more through second... 8)

Thank you everyone. When I was in Japan I learned that no one tips, however in Cairo it's customary to tip for everything! In Chicago I leave about 15-20%. Okay---good to know!

In DC-10 on Monday I bought a bottle of beer for 7 euros, gave the girl a 10 euro note . When I lifted the 3 euro off the tip dish she looked at me in disgust and banged the dish off the counter a few times.

No tip for her.

That's shocking, i hate people like that who are downright rude, as if beer isn't expensive enough as it is in Ibiza (although €7 is about the cheapest ive heard yet for a club there)

We didn't tip at that BBQ kind of place next to Jet Apartments in PDB today. The waitress was a miserable git right from the start and my roast chicken was not hot. The same waitress was the same with other customers when she was at other tables too. We were very dissapointed because we have eaten there before and were always pleased with the service and the food in the past.

Like everywhere you go, if the service is efficient and friendly, then tip well. If it is sour and surly leave nothing. Leaving a few cents is an insult that only the Spanish can get away with.

Ibiza town last week in a small bar run by a german guy,drinks came to 12.30(reasonable) when he brought our change from 15 euro he said "for me" we were a bit shocked and said yes,it was later i thought how rude.We always tip but its nice to do it of your own accord:eek:

If I think service is worth a tip then I leave one. I think it would be very rude for anyone to automatically think that your change is their tip, that would make me not want to tip.

I have worked in bars in Newcastle on and off for about 6/7 years and would never even think about asking if I was getting a tip - or complain about the amount. No matter whether it is 5/10p or £2/3 it is still a tip and that little extra cash.

Back