Thoughts on Black Coffee @ Hi Ibiza

We're thinking of checking out Black Coffee @ Hi Ibiza this Saturday.

We like anything we've seen of him on YouTube. For us he's sort of Solomon meets Black Motion (who were super at Defected Croatia this year BTW).
We've been to Hi before too . . for Glitterbox. (very broad musical tastes in our house!!!!)

But we've no idea about the crowd & atmosphere is going to be there. Anyone got thoughts on that aspect ?

Last edited:
Musically will be a good night no doubt, it is still in Hi and the crowd is what it is but you should still have a great time. Haven't been to Black Coffee this year or last as my friends always want to go to Elrow but have seen him before and did not disappoint.

Go. I don't like Hï very much, but this is my favourite night there. Better crowd than Afterlife. And I think Black Coffee is great. Not sure he mixes it up enough to go more than once. But then again, that is a criticism I could level at several Ibiza residents right now - including some favourites!

what is the production like for black coffee? I've only been to Hi once last year for In the Dark and it was quite minimal, where as Prydz and Armin van Buuren seem to really go crazy with them

what is the production like for black coffee? I've only been to Hi once last year for In the Dark and it was quite minimal, where as Prydz and Armin van Buuren seem to really go crazy with them

It's definitely more stripped back, but I think it's done very well in fitting with the theme. Lots of African imagery - as you can imagine. As I say, easily my favourite party at Hi - if I had to pick one.

Perfect, nice one white isle!

Trying to persuade my friends Hi over Elrow, we will have been amnesia already that week and would like to show them a few clubs

Im sure I’ll probably lose a few of them to the toilets... I prefer it bit darker and basic so be interesting. Will be there on the 29th with Andre Oliva which I reckon will be mint!

I just saw stivi post the line up for black coffee closing.
Im shocked that the Louis Vuitton fashion director is Getting another go?? WTF is that all about??
I was shocked twice already to see him on the DC10 line up!!

I just saw stivi post the line up for black coffee closing.
Im shocked that the Louis Vuitton fashion director is Getting another go?? WTF is that all about??
I was shocked twice already to see him on the DC10 line up!!

he‘s also played black coffee before this summer...

Your a man with many answer stivi!! WTF is that all about??
I have investigated what he’s playing a little and I can’t make any sense of it!!

Your a man with many answer stivi!! WTF is that all about??
I have investigated what he’s playing a little and I can’t make any sense of it!!

he‘s part of the industry in a way - you can see that fashion and electronic music have been coming closer together lately. him, peggy gou, the martinez brothers and more artists are involved in fashion projects

I get ya, probably the influence of TMB and the other American residents on the circoloco line up that got him involved

I get ya, probably the influence of TMB and the other American residents on the circoloco line up that got him involved

he also does off-white, a fashion label of his own. and circoloco bosses & staff have been wearing off-white branded circoloco t-shirts

Went on Saturday with Andrea Oliva and had an absolutely great time, probably up there with the best parties I’ve been to, great atmosphere, and great music, ( first time ever going to Hï and first time seeing Black Coffee though, and Andrea Oliva played a great bit of music imo ) would go again ! And will be back for opening !

feel free to shoot me down because I can only comment on mix streams I've heard but I had much higher hopes for Black Coffee. I thought his sets might offer a lot more funkiness but he never seems to get out of proggy third gear

feel free to shoot me down because I can only comment on mix streams I've heard but I had much higher hopes for Black Coffee. I thought his sets might offer a lot more funkiness but he never seems to get out of proggy third gear
Not that I'm bothered by Black Coffee but do you think it is because its a stream?

I've heard what I thought was a banging set in DC10, then when I listened back on a podcast it wasn't quite as good because you don't have a full sound system.

sure but I'm mostly going on track selection and mixing. was watching his Tomorrowland set in Belgium and i just found a lot of it really boring, occasional peaks and troughs but no real flow or drama. obv, perhaps a different story for the more 'animated' members of the crowd..

we had a laugh last jight at Roof top 9 ,with hHouse dj that mixe ld with BC last year in W hotel..he told me the w resident was far better
La gente esta LOCA :D
After party is getting close ,1 more contact in Music industry met 15mn ago by making free ride
Pray for the Pirate :cool:

Back