This years review

framch30

So now that I'm back from this years trip I thought I'd do a wee rundown of how we got on, where we went, what we did etc These pages have proved very handy to me over the years and some of the things we have done come at the suggestion of a lot of the lovely peeps who read, contribute and moderate the forum pages, big thanks to anyone and everyone who I may have quizzed for info over the years. Any questions feel free to ask, this was my 10th trip to the island, I don't consider myself an expert I only know about where I've been / things I've done.

This years hols was booked as a 9 nighter but as time got near was extended to 12 nights, the first 9 nights were spent at the Ebano Select apartments and the remaining 3 at the Cenit apartments in Figueretas due to the Ebano being fully booked. The Ebano is located in the same street as Migjorn, Sissi Asador etc but just a bit further up the road, location wise it was spot on for being closer to the bars and clubs etc but it was a good enough distance away that music, rowdy people, road noise etc was never a problem. The apartments had been given an update and were of a modern / minimal / trendy look, still pretty basic but just more modern looking compared to the usual 'dated' look you see in Ibiza apartments. Usual amenities in the room i.e fridge (no ice compartment), halogen hob instead of those electric plates that take forever to heat up, kettle, enough cutlery for the room occupancy but as per usual in appts if you wanted to properly cook / cater you'd become stuck as there was only 1 pot, 1 fry pan and not much in the way of cooking utensils. Shower worked well with good water flow and the air con was spot on too. The pool area was pleasant enough looking although with having the car we were mostly at the beaches, can't comment on the food available as we never made use of the restaurant.

In the past we've stayed at the Lux Mar, Jabeque, Playa Sol, Sirenis, Mistral which are all located down the opposite end of PDB or into Es Viver/Figueretas, this was the first time we had stayed up that end of PDB.

I won't give an in-depth review but clubwise we done the following nights.

Acid Sundays @ Heart, liked the venue and the terrace. Music was good during the time we were there, crowd were decent, probably towards the more upmarket / dressed up look, drinks were reasonable at 16 for grey goose + mixer. This event suited us for our first night and a few drinks with friends who arrived the same day. Tickets and Heart website stated no shorts but we saw several guys wearing shorts. I'd happily go back to Heart depending on who/what event was on.

Circo Loco round 1. Was a bit apprehensive about going this year just because it gets so rammed but with a main room line up of Kolsch, Sasha, Marcel Dettmann and DVS1 there was no way I was giving it a miss. Arrived to catch the last 45 mins of Chez Damier and partake in a bit of garden action, once the music stopped in the garden we spent a bit of time going between the terrace and main room basically waiting on Sasha coming on. Main room was our spot from about the last half hour of Kolsch right through until DVS1 came on, plenty room to move about and I loved every minute of it, music was right up my street. Headed or tried to head into the main room for a bit of Marco Carola and as expected it was full on rammed, stayed for a wee bit and decided to call it a night.

We went back to Circo Loco the following week seeing as we had such a top night at the above night and again it was more of the same re plenty of room in the main room, @stivi mentioned a couple of spots in the terrace that work for getting a bit of space and I agree that his advice worked for us. Down in front of the booth also worked for us, the photo on my profile was taken from someone in the booth, check out all that space :lol:. I'm the one holding the drink, my fella with his arm up.

Carl Cox. Coxy isn't totally my bag but I don't dislike his sets either, with it being the last year of Space and John Digweed being on the line up it was night out 3rd in a row. Discoteca was busy, spent most of the night in there apart from a few wanders here and there, John didn't really hit the spot for me that night :(, Carl boshed it out, place was jumping, vibe was good, I boshed it out :), great night was had, ace fun!!! 18 per drink though which is a bit steep, maybe it was that last year too though? Drink tokens are sold just as you come into Space, just don't loose the 10 tokens you've just bought lol.

La Troya @ Space. Night out 4, not my bag at all but I can't have it all my own way regarding the nights we go to :(, got to keep the boy happy too :). Although he has a good time at events like Coxy/Circo Loco etc he isn't really into the whole dj / music thing like I am so we have to find the balance (mostly in my favour :spank:). This night amused me for about 2 hours i.e the show, talking to randoms, drinking, clock watching lol. As much as it's down as a gay party I felt it was a pretty mixed affair, plenty male/female couples, only 20 euros to get in which I'd say was worth it and worth going in for a nosey for if you ain't keen on spending 50 entrance fee to some of the other nights. Loads of trannies, dancers, dressed up shenanigans etc.

Matinee @ Amnesia. Took a couple of nights off from the partying to allow for a bit of recovery. Matinee as La Troya above, not my bag but have to include stuff the other half wants to do. Went through to see what was going on in the ***** ****** room, hideous!!! When the fella said he felt a bit star struck I had to start re-evaluating things, I'm scared to ask if he was being serious :lol:.

Rumours @ Destino. Loved this gig at beach house last year, was a bit disappointed to hear it wasn't to be held there this year but happy that it was still taken place rather than not happening at all. Destino is a great venue IMO, we decided to make a day / night out of it and booked a sunbed, stuffed our faces and drank mojitos. Party at night was ace, good vibe, good music, good crowd, would highly recommend it.

Circo Loco round 2, as round 1. This took us into our 2nd week and the end of our holiday creeping up on us, Mosaic, LCD Sounsytem and Cream were put on the back burner, drinking was becoming a struggle and we made the decision to chill the F out for a change rather than continue to kick the arse out of it as per all other years so the next few days were spent chilling.

We stopped by Bora Bora a few times while out on an afternoon wander, couldn't believe how quiet it was compared to previous years and to the same time period as last year.

Restaurants we ate at this year were Km5, Balafia twice, Bambuddha, Steak n Shake, KFC, Ibiza Rocks PDB, El Limonero, Elements, Jockey Club, Chiringay. We've been to most of those restaurants on previous visits, Home Loos, La Bodega, Harbour Club, Sa Trinxa, Pacha restaurant are others I can think of from previous years too.

Sunsets this year were at Hostal La Torre and Benirras. Mambos etc had been done loads in the past, was def time for something new. Really liked La Torre, we spent the afternoon at Cala Salada and then made the short drive to La Torre about 7:30 before it started getting busy.

Various bars were drunk at but the standout for me this year was Paradise Lost in the old town, purely for the quality of the drinks and the reasonable cost of 11 - 12 euros. Predominantly rum based cocktails but there are a few others on the 3 page list, pretty sure they'll knock anything up you ask for though, none of the tacky woo woo / sex on the beach type stuff, this is quality mixology. Paradise Lost is located through the tunnel at the start of Calle De Virgen, look up to the terrace on your left and you'll see the red neon sign on the wall.

Car hire for the 2nd year running, can't believe I left it so long to rent a car while on Ibiza. Saved heaps on cabs, freedom it gives is brilliant and I'd highly recommend if it's something you haven't done. We'd jump in the car at 3 or 4 o'clock and head up north or wherever to one of the beaches and be out until 8 o'clock, back to PDB for 8:30/8:45. We had a VW Polo for 10 days from Jet2 for £135, extra insurance was from insurance4carhire.com and cost £39.99. Collection and drop off was a breeze although pick up did take about 45mins, drop off about 10 mins. I used a debit card for the deposit without any issues, lady next to me was told it had to be a credit card, possibly the guy didn't notice I had given him a debit card.

So there you have it, thanks again to anyone I've asked questions to in the past. If I can help anyone or if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. This was our 6th year on the trot, it's meant to be the last for a year or two but we'll see :D.

Cheers, Fraser.

Last edited:
Nice review, thanks for sharing.

Car is great for afternoon adventures north

Definitely, I will always hire a car now regardless of how short or long my trip is. Parking was a bit of a ball ache around the Cenit area i.e the blue lines and having to put an note on the car with time you parked and then having to move it every two hours. I didn't move the car every two hours, just stuck a new note with adjusted arrival time on the dashboard, was prepared to risk it until I got caught.

Where did you get to in the day, any recommendations?

We didn't seek out anything off the beaten path, my other half can get a bit anxious when it comes to breaking out the comfort zone so we stuck with the easily accessible beaches. Cala Salada, Cala Gracioneta, Benirras, Salinas / Es Cavallet multiple times, Cala Boix, Portinaxt. We had friends staying at ME just outside of Santa Eulalia so we headed up there a couple of times too.

This was the first time he had the benefits of having a car at our disposal so it was good to let him see just how easy it is to get about and how much exploring there is to do.

Meant to say that at Ebano the desk staff were top notch, always very helpful and friendly, even sent a fb message asking how our meal was at a restaurant they booked for us. Maids were in every day to do a bit of a tidy up and replace towels, they even done the small amount of brekkie dishes we had left in the sink.

The Cenit was decent enough, rooms were bright and airy, decor wise they looked pretty much along the lines of any of the other apartments I've stayed at on Ibiza. Usual basic amenities, crap hot plates this time, half hour to cook an omelette lol, air con worked fine and the bathroom was ok. The maids weren't in everyday like at the Ebano, not sure how they work it there, we stayed for 4 days / 3 nights and asked them to come in the day before we left to clean and replace towels. Reception area is nice enough, staff were alright, not overly friendly but helped with any questions we had. The pool area is a good bonus at the Cenit, all new loungers which were really comfy :). Pool bar / restaurant decent, orders were taken at loungers and food and drinks brought to you or you can eat up on the terrace / restaurant area, staff friendly and helpful and great views from up there too.

Cenit is a gay or gay friendly hotel but there were plenty male/female couples there too, don't let the fact it's 'gay friendly' put you off staying there. Parking can be a bit of a ball ache in that area, my advice if you require one would be to email them in advance and request a parking space.

I also went in and had a look at the 'Ibiza One Suites' on Figueretas sea front, can't remember what they were called before the refurb? Anyway I was out having a walk one morning and nipped in to ask about them, guy on the desk was happy to show me a couple of the rooms, very nice indeed. Price range is up there though 180/190 for a standard room without seaview, I actually took a wee vid as the guy was showing me the room, if anyone can advise on uploading it to here I'd happily do that.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of going to Destino for Rumours.. What time do people go there if you're getting a bed and what is the price of it? And if just going more for the evening what time would you advise then? Thanks in advance!

I'm thinking of going to Destino for Rumours.. What time do people go there if you're getting a bed and what is the price of it? And if just going more for the evening what time would you advise then? Thanks in advance!

We arrived about 1:30, we booked a circular bed as it was only 20 euros more than the price of booking the other options i.e single @ 30 each bed, double @ 60 or circular @ 80. The bed is yours all day and night, you won't be expected to leave until you've had enough sun time etc.

There's a minimum spend of 60 each, menu on the Destino website will give you an idea. Sushi is spot on if you like the fancier more fusion style of sushi, cocktails were around the 14€ mark.

For those arriving for the party at night, rough guess I would say it started filling up from about 8:30, obviously some people arrived before that though.

We took a bag with shorts and t-shirt for getting changed into at night, massive unisex toilets underneath the main stage, plenty sinks and mirrors for freshening up.

Next time, if closed to cala salada, have a go to punta galera if haven't done this place, very beautiful hidden place as they burn the biilboard showin the way to go there, 1-2 miles from Cala salada...& park ur car close to the white house belonging to some french people (the guy was a cousin of famous french actor i used to see in posh parisian parties)
13697179_920651811413842_8178958048071219988_n.jpg

Back