The wine thread

on wine from ibiza and formentera...

white wines - they are all relatively OK in my opinion, the best one of them I think personally is the CAN RICH one. costs about 6€ in the supermarkets and about triple that in restaurants. it's not the best white wine ever, but it's a decent one and I just like to drink local wines.

other great spanish white wines are the albariño ones (from galicia) - mar de frades and martix codax are amongst my faves, around a tenner in a supermarket and 25-30€ in restaurants on the island.

as for red wine, the only really great local red I've ever had is the OPHIUSA one from formentera. it's an expensive one, costs around 18€ in wine shops (not avail in supermarkets) and again about triple in select restaurants on the island, but I really really like this one.

non-ibicenco spanish red wines there are tons which are fantastic.

If I am not too ill Sunday I will have a glass of this beautiful Corbières-Boutenac.

This family has a beautiful Domaine, all their wines(organic since 1991)are top quality ?

For the wino's. Has anyone used the Vivino app? You scan the label of a bottle and it comes back with reviews, average cost and where to buy it.

For the wino's. Has anyone used the Vivino app? You scan the label of a bottle and it comes back with reviews, average cost and where to buy it.

Yup, 50/50 on it personally. Everything seems to come back being rated 3-4 points so not much use.

I managed to get a few bottles of Muga 2018 rose on Sunday. Really excellent, the 17 is still selling for 9.99 on Majestic but I have a feeling it might be a bit tired.

Muga 2018

Had a quick visit to Budapest this weekend - what a fantastic city would recommend to all to visit.

We some fantastic wine but this one really stood out. Sory in advance its on its side. For £12.80 a bottle in an upmarket restarutant it was very impressive. Can't seem to find it in the UK but I'm on the look out.

Back