Balearic, Chill Out & Sunset Music

tbh I find traipsing through SC and mixcloud a real schlep these days - I don't have the time anymore. I tend to follow a few trusted DJ mates on instagram or FB who point me in the right direction, otherwise I just start drowning!

I kinda miss London for the options for hearing it all out - in BCN, you are so restricted. all marquee names playing rigid sets at massive events/venues, rather than down-to-earth guys turning up at small basements with a carrier bag full of random 12s. I was so spoilt from 2001-2012 - I realise it now.

I have however become good mates with a local Catalan guy called "Imperator" who has thousands of old cosmic disco records - he's bonkers. very balearic without even realising it! There's also the Origins crew, Glove Party and the Slow Club their heart is in the right place. There are little things going on but you gotta know about them. And there's some very talented Spanish DJs here, well into their (good) house although not really that eclectic in tastes.

as far as IBZ goes, I think Pikes (and maybe sometimes Dalias?) is the only venue to showcase the balearic spirit in a nightclub environment - unless anyone can name anywhere else?

as far as IBZ goes, I think Pikes (and maybe sometimes Dalias?) is the only venue to showcase the balearic spirit in a nightclub environment - unless anyone can name anywhere else?

Was there not a wee place along Talamanca way recently had Nancy Noise playing?

Think you can rock up yeah. We planned to go last October and I had messaged them in advance about coming down and they said it was ok. Ended up staying in town though on a bit of a crawl. On another note still no word on Harvey from anyone? Wasn’t announced until April last year but wouldn’t mind getting some flights sorted. Need to finally do it.

not heard anything definite yet re H. News soon hopefully.

enters gossip thread

"wonder why brands do not team up.." etc etc

exits gossip thread

Meanwhile, found this on my hard drive. Super Lexx mix from a few years back. Love his productions, less keen on his DJing normally, which is maybe a bit too laidback but this is a good little house set.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/n04zzd

Last edited:
Yeah Petit Pereyra. Deffo on the list for next time. The club bit is called the club house but i don’t know if you can just rock up.

Think you can rock up yeah. We planned to go last October and I had messaged them in advance about coming down and they said it was ok. Ended up staying in town though on a bit of a crawl. On another note still no word on Harvey from anyone? Wasn’t announced until April last year but wouldn’t mind getting some flights sorted. Need to finally do it.

I've been a few weeks ago. not for dinner, just for a few drinks while we waited until the club bit opens. this will still need a bit of support to get going but it's a fantastic little place IMO.

on the balearic revival subject, here's a nice set I've just been listening to:

https://soundcloud.com/christianlen/dramatic-sunset-hostal-la-torre

Back