The Ark cruise

If only I had seen this when the cheaper rooms were left!! I'll keep it in mind for next year (if they do another!) :)

So I went on The Ark Cruise last weekend so I thought I'd write a little review and let you guys take a look at the vlogs I put together. EDIT: I didnt know I would write so much so simply scroll down for the vlogs lol!

My lucky self actually won two spaces on The Ark 2018, including flights from Dubai - Barcelona to jump on the ship.
over 2000 people getting on was actually extremely organised and well-run. I was impressed from a logistical point of view. Unfortunately for some, the ship was zero-tolerance on any additional alcohol being brought onto the ship, and so all of the people that had bought bottles in duty free were quickly dis-heartened when the bottles were taken from them as soon as they stepped foot on the ship (they got them back on the last day - had a kind of locker/storage system for them).

No need to carry cash on board, you room card was connected to your credit card (good or bad thing? I'm not sure lol) and you signed for every item you purchased. All food was included unless you wanted to go to one of the speciality restaurants on board. Drinks prices weren't fantastic though and hit the wallet hard. Spirit mixer around $10, cheapest bottle of wine $35 and cava $40. I think if they did a drinks package it would be better for the guests, but I guess this would also lose them money. Hopefully they consider something for years going forward though.

On board, I think it was around 70-80% guys vs girls, and this became apparent on the first night when every which way the girls were getting hit on. My wedding ring is a FANTASTIC deterrent and protected me, but not so much joy for my friend who had some fending off to do. Luckily, we met a good group of lads who were chilled and we hung out with for most of the rest of the time on board and so approaches were few and far between after that. Considering the zero-tolerance drugs policy, I can confirm everyone was absolutely f*cked most of the time...though I can also confirm a guy got kicked off for possession/selling on board after the first night. Literally drop-kicked off in Séte and had to fend for himself after that (though apparently they let him keep all the cash they found in his room).

Musically the line-up was decent. I shared the lineup on another thread but on the first night we saw Monki and Camelphat and they were really strong. We left early due to being pissed off at people trying it on. Day 2 we spent around the main pool most of the day. No particular DJ's that we knew of by name but we enjoyed it all throughout. I guess I would compare it to the type of music at Ushuaia Ants... but by the end of the night anything could have been playing and I would have been dancing from the state of me lol.

Day 3 was Ibiza so we popped to Ushuaia for a few hours before getting back on board. The guys from The Ark obviously knew everyone would jump off ship during the day so they didn't bother with any entertainment during the day. My friend was on struggle street so she didn't go out that night. I popped to see Pig&Dan but the vibe post-Ibiza just wasn't really there. I think everyone may have possibly overdone it. Day 4 though was much improved. I loved Purple Disco Machine and Claptone and they closed off the weekend perfectly for me. Purple Disco Machine has just been announced for a date in Dubai this October and has been firmly placed in my diary!

Overall the ship was actually extremely organised and well run. I guess I wouldn't expect anything less from one of the Tomorrowland originals. The 4 stages/clubs had a great variety of music and the organisers absolutely knew the right times to put entertainment around the main pool etc. I would definitely go again, but I do honestly think it's a bit expensive if it's not all inclusive. Their pricing structure definitely needs a look at.

And now for the vlogs (apologies for some of the wind noise - I'm working on a better go-pro set up with a mic as we speak):

PART 1

PART 2

That’s a great review! I’d always been curious about these party cruises and almost booked one once - however I’m glad I didn’t as I ended up on a normal cruise for a week and suffered really badly with sea sickness so cruises are now off the to do list! I like the idea of it though :)

Also sounds like something a solo female should stay away from maybe o_O

Back