Terminal V

I've been every time its been on. Its one of the few things I look forward to nearly as much as Ibiza ?

Let me know if you have any questions
Give us a summary of the low down mate. What to expect. Brother stays a shortish taxi away so ideal for me.

Give us a summary of the low down mate. What to expect. Brother stays a shortish taxi away so ideal for me.

Starting with entry. There is an initial search from security (empty your pockets on a table and get a pat down) then you walk into quite a heavy (disproportionate!) police presence everyone gets funnelled past a drug dog. Make sure you don’t smell of drugs ;) This will be increasing the ticket price as ultimately, we end up paying for the privilege of being deemed to be at suspicion of committing a crime by doing nothing more than entering a rave…. Any one sniffed out gets put in another queue to be searched again.

I can only comment on the queues at the 2 times I’ve arrived at in the past.

Just after it opens at 12:15, small queue in within 5 mins

About 14:00-14:30, big queue, takes about 20-30 mins to get in.

Once you are in security are sound and if they see anyone worse for wear they will check they are ok and not give them hassle. You very rarely see the police inside the venue they are just on the gates.

Every time I’ve went the layout has been slightly different but the main thing is techno in the big hall and the more ‘mainstream’ (Annie Mac, Krystal Klear etc) acts in the smaller hall (which still holds a good few thousand).There is also another room for disco/house.

However, I can remember getting an email from them saying they are opening a new 10,000 capacity room this time so the layout might be different again. I guess this might depend on ticket sales.

You just need to look at the line up know the music will be good. I’ve heard it described as a techno lovers wet dream but there is something for everyone will all genres covered.

The crowd is mostly 18-21 year olds but there are plenty of older folk about my age (mid 30s) who I've found gravitate towards people of a similar age and start up a conversation. Most people are friendly and every time I’ve went I’ve ended up chatting shit with strangers. The young team get bad rap at these types of events but it is possible to have a laugh with some of them as well. They are not all Instagram wankers.

Drinks are expensive and they operate a token system so you need to buy tokens first then use the tokens at a bar which is a pain in the arse. The bars can get busy at times.

The toilet situation is good. You have the venues proper toilets as well as portaloos outside. I can’t remember every having to queue.

I always get VIP tickets (they are only about £20 more). This gets you access to another bar with an outdoor area with picnic tables. The main reason I get them is there is never a queue at the VIP bar.

The whole thing is very well organised and run. I’ve never had a anything but a great time and cannot wait for this one.

And of course, since its Halloween, a lot of people will be in fancy dress.

Starting with entry. There is an initial search from security (empty your pockets on a table and get a pat down) then you walk into quite a heavy (disproportionate!) police presence everyone gets funnelled past a drug dog. Make sure you don’t smell of drugs ;) This will be increasing the ticket price as ultimately, we end up paying for the privilege of being deemed to be at suspicion of committing a crime by doing nothing more than entering a rave…. Any one sniffed out gets put in another queue to be searched again.

I can only comment on the queues at the 2 times I’ve arrived at in the past.

Just after it opens at 12:15, small queue in within 5 mins

About 14:00-14:30, big queue, takes about 20-30 mins to get in.

Once you are in security are sound and if they see anyone worse for wear they will check they are ok and not give them hassle. You very rarely see the police inside the venue they are just on the gates.

Every time I’ve went the layout has been slightly different but the main thing is techno in the big hall and the more ‘mainstream’ (Annie Mac, Krystal Klear etc) acts in the smaller hall (which still holds a good few thousand).There is also another room for disco/house.

However, I can remember getting an email from them saying they are opening a new 10,000 capacity room this time so the layout might be different again. I guess this might depend on ticket sales.

You just need to look at the line up know the music will be good. I’ve heard it described as a techno lovers wet dream but there is something for everyone will all genres covered.

The crowd is mostly 18-21 year olds but there are plenty of older folk about my age (mid 30s) who I've found gravitate towards people of a similar age and start up a conversation. Most people are friendly and every time I’ve went I’ve ended up chatting shit with strangers. The young team get bad rap at these types of events but it is possible to have a laugh with some of them as well. They are not all Instagram wankers.

Drinks are expensive and they operate a token system so you need to buy tokens first then use the tokens at a bar which is a pain in the arse. The bars can get busy at times.

The toilet situation is good. You have the venues proper toilets as well as portaloos outside. I can’t remember every having to queue.

I always get VIP tickets (they are only about £20 more). This gets you access to another bar with an outdoor area with picnic tables. The main reason I get them is there is never a queue at the VIP bar.

The whole thing is very well organised and run. I’ve never had a anything but a great time and cannot wait for this one.

And of course, since its Halloween, a lot of people will be in fancy dress.
Mate that is a superb review and info about the dogs doesn’t surprise me.

Remember a Homeland Scotland event my mate getting his trousers pulled down. Still destroy him for it. :lol:

Looking forward to it and I’m older than you and still have some craic with the young team :D

What’s taxi situation like leaving?

Any point in booking something, are you likely to find it. Is it worth leaving slightly early to beat crowd.

Brothers flat fairly close so can’t wait for this.

Use the shuttle bus service they offer.

It’s the best I’ve seen of any festival, Awakenings included (which is superb).

Upon exiting a couple years back, there were about 60 double deckers primed ready to start talking folk home.

Don’t know anything about the event but went to El Row festival there a couple of years ago. Agree the bus service from the city centre and leaving the event of good. Plenty of double deckers waiting and relatively cheap for the journey time, dropped right into the city centre.

Ticket system for beer which is a blag, didn’t pay for water, when we requested it at the bar it came from the bottle.

Enjoy

I'm surprised no after party has been announced. There is usually one at The Liquid Rooms where one or two of the Terminal V artists would play.

Line up is out though (seriously cannot wait now ? )

View attachment 7922
Get there for Tennis then Ame and Garnier to finish will do me! Bit of Maceo Plex, Gerd Janson & Red Axes in between.

Back