Going back?:

Top tip:

Dates you were there: May 5 - May 12

Where you stayed: Palladium Palace, PDB

Club nights visited: Sven Vath @ Pacha

Best night: Sven Vath @ Pacha

Worst night: N/A

Best bar: Tantra - as it involved a drink with Stivi

Best place to eat: Pinochoes, Ibiza Town - nothing fancy but a staple of every visit (we were all inclusive so only ate dinner out once)

Money spent: a fortune (mostly before) + most of money on island seemed to be on taxis

Biggest regret: none - it was a lovely family holiday

Going back?: Hope So

Top tip: If planning bus trips including Ibiza Town, research stops and pick ups

Last edited:
Dates you were there:May 25th may 29th

Where you stayed :Figueretas

Club nights visited: Privilege opening (with 2 spotlight Ita+German),Elrow opening (with 1 spotlight italian & met crazy spanish contacts from past year) amnesia Hi black coffee(solo but i met usa solo and former german mate & french workers) Woomoon opening (solo but met 1 french worker one ita contact) opening Saga opening heart ibz(solo but i met contacts, french workers, turkish girl living in ibzi guess i met her there last year same party), Circoloco DC10 (with 1 spotlight italian & 1 uk girl and met some contacts french dj former mates )

Best night:Elrow opening even i left early because mate was burnt :D Mood (the thing other parties didn't have) still crazy with OK TEch house but rammy as hell if u don't spot a place & don't go out in smoking aera as its nightmare to walk by

Worst night:Woomoon , not about the music but alone i didnt find it friendly such as in BMI where many people goes towards me

Best bar:Veto, went to see parisian friend on decks with only vinyls on sunday , this is the adress for B4 for those going to pacha with cheap drinks & quality music ,even quiet empty

Best place to eat:Can pilot, was looking for mates in my whatsappgroup to eat chuleton de buey but went with usa solo bloke i met hi opening
I didnt have time to go to other places even on my minds

Money spent:I didnt count but less than year 17 for sure & less than average spread here

Biggest regret:Not going to blue Marlin with Black coffee , culoe de song Pete Tong and choosing woomon closing

Going back?:July 20th

Top tip:Always having Ice, water and food help not to spread time b4 the parties & don't forget to put alarm clock as i did & wake up in panic because of the sun burning my body :D 1h30 b4 my plane taking off , in panic thinking to buy the enxt flight..but succeed to get in by 10mn :p dropping car at airport .

As daytime IMS Dalt vila, Ants opening part2

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 21st -27th May

Where you stayed: New Sa Clau San An harbourside (1st time staying in SA). Towels stupidly fluffy and flooring not laid properly there's bumps in it. Otherwise great.

Club nights visited: IMS Underworld @ Heart 23rd, IMS Dalt Vila 25th

Best night: IMS Underworld @ Heart. This was the first time I’d seen (Papa) Sven and his last tune was one I didn’t expect to hear from him which has now become the memory-tune of the hol, and I’d have seen Underworld wherever I was on the planet if the chance came up, so it was a bucket list thing for me. Heart seemed really organized and welcoming too (compared to the last time in 2015 when I tried to eat there – separate review on this forum here somewhere)– I liked how it wasn’t too big and the terrace was huge.

Worst night: None.

Best bar: Mambo will always be close to my heart & the food and drink arrive fast. Yes it’s a money machine (I'd have inserted an emoji here but I cant find them!) but a free party every night so why not.

Enjoyed Kilties in the west end – hub wished he’d watched the whole play-off final in there as opposed to the first half in Ibiza Rocks bar which “wasn’t a good set up”.

(Golden Buddha - The Mojito in there was one of the best I’ve ever had).

Best place to eat:
In San An – the new tiny Chiringuito between the dockside and the fish market as you look at the harbor at the end of bar street (you can see it from ground zero to the right as you look towards the taxi rank). The red prawns were the best we’ve ever had in the med and 10 trips to Ibiza plus the other food equally as good and decent traditional-recipe sangria.

Elsewhere - These two were equally super with equally bumpy, hairy and bendy drives to get to: Ses Boques below Es Cubelles & Es Bolado above Cala d’hort – prob not the easiest places to get taxis to and from either and book in high season – we chanced both in May and were lucky – the whole island felt as busy as June/July.

Ibiza Town – Locals Only - that Elephants ear takes some beating.

Money spent: (in total for two):

£472 room only Jet2 package

~£650-700 food & drinks

£220 2 x club nights

210E 5 days Class car hire

30E petrol

100E taxis.

Biggest regret: Hiring the car for 5 days out of 6 meant I felt we had to use it when we woke up to overcast weather most mornings rather than the many quaint water taxi boats across from our hotel to different beaches. In hindsight the car was a bit of a safety net incase the weather was hit & miss plus Sa Clau doesn’t have a pool and I’m not keen on the beach in front of Ibiza Rocks/Itaca strip.

Going back?: Ibiza ‘til I die

Top tip: (s)

Always have a plan B.

San An – proud to say I’ve eaten my words – if it came down to it would stay in the West End over the ‘bay’ any day.

Prob said this before but when at Mambo use the loo’s in Mint next door as there’s no queue, no hassle, the music is the same during the pre-parties as it’s all owned by the same people.

Know not everyone likes it on here per se but when at Cala Bassa you can stick your own towel/brolly etc down on the beach but still use all the facilities/bars/loo’s etc which saves money but still allows to enjoy the ‘luxury’ plus if you use their car park you get a voucher for either a Corona beer or bottle of water - we used at main walk-up bar no issue.

Driving/Parking – took us a while to find parking in San An even in May – the road between the Mercadona and Urgencias centre that runs along the entrance to the bus station is the only place we could ever park by chance after driving up/down/around it a few times first. Also some of the cars and vans had been parked for way more than the advertised 2 hours in the municipal car park over the road! (another emoji) For Petrol – you need to name the price and pay up front.

For all the best/worst/tips there are other equally amazing places in all parts of the island but these listed here are specific to this trip only.

Read this forum it’s absolutely invaluable, its helped make each trip since my first in 2001. Long live Ibiza and Ibizaspotlight.

Ses Boques below Es Cubelles
Great review. We went to ses Boques, stumbled upon it last Thursday, quite hairy driving down there. Fish looked great but we only went for a snack so just had a few starters. Highly recommend from what we had and see being served.

Great review. We went to ses Boques, stumbled upon it last Thursday, quite hairy driving down there. Fish looked great but we only went for a snack so just had a few starters. Highly recommend from what we had and see being served.

Thank you. Yes the drive is something

Where you stayed: Figueretes

Club nights visited:
Thu. Soundgarden km5
Fri. IMS Dalt villa
Sat. Elrow for Pan Pat all night long not the inflatables
Sun. Sol +1

Best night: all superb, cant possibly choose

Worst night: na

Best bar: Es Xiringuito Figueretas. Great cocktails

Best place to eat: km5. Food is superb.

Money spent: a lot.

Biggest regret: ibiza is not for regrets.

Going back?: september

Top tip: hire a car to see the island but leave it behind when partying

Back