IU mag Ushuaia Hotel
8Dance 88 Sankeys
9Destino Opening
10Ushuaia opening
11Vintage Lio opening
12Space ibiza opening

Best night:Kings of House/Space ibiza opening/IU Erick Morillo Ushuaia Tower

Worst night:Vagabundos

Best bar:Bar la Granja (in front of mercat nou) ibz town for regular coffe little plate ...for sunset :Hostal la torre San antonio

Best place to eat:Bar Can rafal ibz town 30s by feet from mar y sol cafe

Money spent:will check later :( 1500-2000€ including plan ticket renting car flat location

Biggest regret:not to go to Sundays at blue marlin because, so beaten & weather didnt help, cold windy..not allowed to pay to enter in ocb openin as allowing only pre paid tickets

Going back?: aug 4 to aug 21

ps:if Benirras is the top 1 experience , does it fit in any category? :)

Top tip:Watch out about italian pickpockets, if u r cool & friendly u wont need to buy drinks in club :cool: People give you some :D & other stuff too for free, dont bring iphones so many stolen in clubs, happen twice to people i met at Space

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 12th May - 15th May

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Sol Beach Ibiza (Santa Eularia)

Club nights visited: Ants Warm-Up @ Ushuaia, Mambo's opening party

Best night: Ants (Nic Fanciulli, Steve Lawler, Maya Jane Coles)

Worst night: Is that even possible?

Best bar: Mambo's

Best place to eat: Pura Vida (mates 40th birthday on a very quiet secluded beach near Santa Eularia)

Money spent: £350 ish

Biggest regret: Not going slightly longer

Going back?: Yep...this more mature trip has rekindled my Ibiza love that was starting to fade....

Top tip: Ok, so bit of background, I am 41, been going to Ibiza almost every year since 99 and this was one of my favourite trips so far. For completely different reasons to normal. For starters we had a lush hotel (free Prosecco for breakfast? er yep), which was half the price of what it would have been a month or so later, so very do-able on a 'normal persons' budget. Also, being a bit further up the coast to usual, we had easy access to the hippy market, Aguas Blancas beach (the clearest water on the island and mostly Spanish locals which is always a sign), and I was also surprised how nice Santa Eularia actually was. Some good bars on the harbour front playing decent music, some acrobats and the like to give it that Ibiza feel, but MUCH more chilled and older.

We were lucky to hit a couple of nice little openings, Ants pre-season warm up and Mambos opening...both really good but again, a bit older and again mostly cool locals. Having not been to Ushuaia before (put off by the EDM-heavy line-ups), I was so impressed. The sound system is probably the loudest outdoor system I've ever heard and production was amazing. Wicked tunes, wicked atmosphere, everyone smiling (probably cos 90% got in for free but hey)...such a good night. Everyone just seemed excited that the season was starting...

So to sum up, if you are getting a bit older and still love Ibiza, go early season. The weather was great, it was still busyish without being manic, and it had a bit of the old 'real' Ibiza feel to it with all the locals coming out. Also, the hotels and flight are much cheaper. I deffo recommend, we had a great time. Late September anyone? ;-)

Dates you were there: Friday 27th - Tuesday 31st

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Jet Arlanza Apartment - basic but nice apartment. Location was spot on for getting to clubs, but I must say I prefer San Antonio as a resort.

Club nights visited:

Insane
Ushuaia Opening
Amnesia Opening
Space Opening
Circo Loco
Cocoon

Best night:

I have to say Space opening was a night that I went with quite low expectations and came away truly blown away. The music in both the main room was fantastic (special mention to Andreas Campo), but things really stepped up another gear on the terraza. I will hopefully be back for closings, but if that is the last time I enter Space, I will never forget it for the rest of my life.

Both Hector Couto and Syrossian b2b Curly were amazing, but Sasha's set on the night has now gone down as the single best set I've ever seen on the island. You really felt like you were witnessing one of those "once in a lifetime"moments and I didn't leave until close.

Ushuaia was again very strong - Joris and HS82 both playing fantastic sets. Unfortunately, a member of our party had a seizure just before Richie Hawtin so we left to make sure he got back to the apartment safely. He's a bigger lad and overheated as he hadn't drunk much water so lesson learn't for him. Once we made sure he was OK and someone stayed with him, the rest of us left for Amnesia Opening.

Amnesia was nicely full and had a fantastic atmosphere... Apollonia in particular played a very strong set. It was a shame it shut considerably earlier than other years as things were still in full flow after 6am, but overall a fantastic evening on the terrace.

Circo Loco was the strongest I've ever seen it... although it was unbearably packed for Jamie Jones. Nicely full but with a great atmosphere up until that point. Spent a few hours in both the main room and garden. The main room was empty all night but had good music playing from Ryan Elliot when I entered. The garden was also great with Better Lost than Stupid hosting. We left around 02:30 to make sure we could get across to Cocoon in time to catch Sven.

Cocoon was actually the event I was looking forward to most, but I was so bent up from the previous events I had attended I just couldn't get into things properly. We stayed until the end, but my recollection of that event isn't great. Lesson learnt - stay longer and take breaks, 6 events in four days is too much.

Worst night:

Insane - Pete Tong actually played a fantastic set - very deep and quite techy, far from what I imaged he would play. The night of course went rapidly downhill when MK played which result in me leaving the club about 1 hour into his set.

Still a great night, but the worst due to the high standard set by every other event.

Best bar:

We didn't really do much drinking in bars.

Best place to eat:

We didn't do much eating after the first night had taken place :rolleyes:... but we had a fantastic dinner and drinks at Mambo. Truly the most beautiful place to start off an Ibiza holiday.

Money spent:

Hotel + Flights was £280.
Spending - £650
Total - £880.00

Biggest regret:

Really overdoing things to the point that Cocoon wasn't enjoyable - it's been my favorite event every year for a number of years, but I just wasn't feeling it this year.

VERY disappointing that the after hours wasn't easily accessible, as I would have loved to attend.

Going back?:

100% going back next year for Closings as its my friends stag doo... Hopefully with any luck for closings this year. You just cannot stay away from The Island.

Top tip:

Drink plenty of water. Bring vitamins. Try to book a longer break so that you can ensure you have time to take time out from the clubs. It took its toll on my last day after we literally partied non stop for four days.

This was my first time attending openings and I have to say its a fantastic time to be on The Island - atmosphere is incredible, clubs/resorts are nicely full and the lineups are brilliant.

^^^i agree with taking breaks, last year i was a clubbing zombie for 5 days straight and it took it's toll on me. I slept in like everyday and missed seeing more beaches, Formentera, bars and restos.I had vitamins and pedialyte for dehydration but I still couldn't last eee

I have a longer trip planned next month and I do need to skim out on events but they are hard to pass up!

28th May to 2nd June

Stayed at Torre del Mar. Very peak of PDB before Figuretes.

Only done Space Opening.

Best night was actually at Bora on the first night. Decent atmosphere and enjoyed by all.

The worst was Space. We didn't come adequately supplied which had a bigger impact on night than I thought. The Wife wasn't into it at all. A bit paranoid from canning it on 2014 opening. Resulted in me taking her back around 1am and then paying 75 to get back in. Just killed evening for me and couldn't raise myself to get into it. Left around 4.30

Best bar.....Bora. I know some don't like it. But I love the place every time.

Best meal.... Mambo for sunset. Beautiful view. Whole area was buzzing and great food and drink. However. You do pay for it.

Money spent. Don't ask! My accountant is going to have a job slipping through some Ibiza receipts!

Top tip/regret. A couples holiday is somewhere else now for me. Me and wife are defo on a different level interms of clubs.

Will be returning but with mates only. And probably a two day smash fest and then fly home.

Personally found romantic meals a bit of a downer when so so close to some world class electronic music and venues.

Leave the wife (for sunset, restaurant,beaches )& go with male buddies for parties ;)
Bora is still my favourite, music was great & often far FAR better from clubs
Mambo food...:rolleyes: better sticks to drinks & aioli/bread...didn't like mine..beef mini burgers & chicken wings , its great to chill with the waves wind & hot sun...next time we ll have lunch at ibz town can rafal as we did with Helder on his first day in ibz

Last edited:
One meal in 4 days is what impresses me most, well done mate!! ;-)

...there was the occasional slice of pizza floating around, but I've never eaten to little across five days in my life.

I wouldn't recommend it. This years Ibiza has written me off more than ever. Arrived home early hours of Wednesday and I'm at the final stages of recovery now!

nowadays I couldn't live without eating while on party marathons. years ago there were times when I also didn't eat properly for maybe 2 days, but I've just 'learnt' to eat whenever. I'll notice somehow that it's time for food and I'll have a meal. am glad I learn that I have to say! :)

Defo mate. Do a day time get together next time
Save money for closing ;) hoping Heldeir could do it too...(for now, only a french couple i know on the week for space ibz closinf & german girl we never meet apart the day i ve picked up a the airport may 27 for free as she was textin when on way to move my car from figueretas to el diario de ibz parking. )
August is already booked since a few days (return ticket & renting car), from aug 4 stretched to 21 aug, ending at blue Marlin until end & then right away to airport (plane 6.00am)
For food ive spotted some local restaurant i've havent time to do(on todolist august) & would buy food from supermarket
Had 4 meals in restaurant :el carmen cala de hort, can rafal ibz town ,Mambo café,2 at local restaurants & food was quiet dissapoiintig even price was cheap 11€...
ate my own food bought at supermarket...
4 junk food time: 3 kfc one kebap but i wont do it again :spank: as once in a mess u need to eat something :oops: (will have chorizo ham from market for ibz aug 16)

Last edited:
nowadays I couldn't live without eating while on party marathons. years ago there were times when I also didn't eat properly for maybe 2 days, but I've just 'learnt' to eat whenever. I'll notice somehow that it's time for food and I'll have a meal. am glad I learn that I have to say! :)

Lesson learnt for me this year Stivi.

Besides that we've agreed to rest up and take it easier in the days on out next visit. We really went hard around the clock for days with very little sleep, food, water etc so it was inevitable that we would suffer.

Starting to miss the place badly now though - openings is a great time on The Island but torture when your home with a whole season ahead.

yeah that's the problem with quick visits really. if you're only here for 4-5 days or so and you're a clubber, you're inevitably ending up packing in too many parties and you miss out on nice meals and proper relaxation. when I still was a holidaymaker here (we're talking 10 years ago now) I always saved up as much money as I could so I could come for at least 2 weeks. this then enabled me to have nights off every now and then. of course I still got home absolutely done, but at least I did get to have dinners, go to lots of beaches etc. a lot of people that come every year just plan in some quiet nights..first it's maybe a 3/1 rhythm and then as you get older it turns into a 2/1 rhythm or even 1/1 (meaning 1 night out - 1 quiet night - 1 night out - 1 quiet night). also heavily depends on whether you then actually go to bed after the party's finished or if you carry on at home forever...

One big night a week is enough for me.I stay 4 weeks,at my age I have to be careful!:spank:
And plenty of half drunk afternoons on the beach listening good sound after a nice lunch.
We are old.:eek:

Dates you were there: 30 May - 3rd June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Gran Sol, San An

Club nights visited: Mosaic at Pacha

Best night: Mosaic

Worst night: N/A

Best bar: All the Spanish cafe/bars with decent lager and tapas. Early day time in an empty Golden Buddha pretty speacial too.

Best place to eat: Comidas Bar San Juan, Ibiza Town, closely followed by various Spanish cafes bars in San. Cafe Bohemia across from Gran Sol worth a mention

Money spent: About a £1200 all-in including flights, airport parking, car hire and a single room (car hire and parking split 2 ways)

Biggest regret: Feeling ropey on the last day and not meeting a mate at Fish Shack.

Going back?: 'Course

Top tip: Don't drink draft lager in the West End - see biggest regret

Best place to eat: Comidas Bar San Juan, Ibiza Town, closely followed by various Spanish cafes bars in San. Cafe Bohemia across from Gran Sol worth a mention
what are the meals u ate at comida san juan? & some u recommand?...(ive made pics from their menu from ibz 12 summer)
i like their croquetas, havent chance to eat a paella there, their calamar plancha or fried one is quiet fine but won't take this meals again....

My mate and I shared the croquettes, and I had the salmon for main. It was very nice, very cheap and I love the way they just shove you on a table with randoms!

Back