Talent Reigns for UNKLE and Ian Brown.

Robo

www.xpander.nl

Following another successful collaboration, UNKLE and Ian Brown will be releasing a track, called 'Reign', via Global Underground on 8th November. 'Reign' sees Ian Brown deliver emotive vocals within the framework of UNKLE's instrumentation, as Mani supplies dub-wise bass (the first time the two have appeared on record together since the Stone Roses split). 'Reign' remixes are supplied by: Morgan Geist, Evil 9, Way Out West, Anagram (Pablo from the Psychonauts) and RJD2, plus it's said that Ian Brown will also feature in the video. Furthermore, UNKLE are to perform with Ian on some of his album tour dates in the UK including Manchester on 18th and 19th October, followed by the Brixton Academy in London on 21st and 22nd October.

"It's nothing but a pleasure to work with James Lavelle and Richard File," says Ian Brown. "We've guested on each others' shows many times now. Some of my best work has been my collaborations with UNKLE, long may we Reign!"

UNKLE delivered their debut 'Psyence Fiction' album in 1998, while a second, 'Never Never Land', was initially released through Universal Island last year. However, the label and UNKLE parted ways, leading James and Richard to their new home at GU Music.

Lavelle reveals, "I am really pleased that all our hard work on this album will now see the light of day in America and we get the chance to continue what we started over at Island here in the UK... I also feel that GU is the perfect label to work with on this project as it feels more intimate and personal, more like the old Mo-Wax way of working."

The re-packaged album 'Never Never Land' gets a re-release in the UK and a full release across the US in early November, and includes a limited edition box set with a bonus CD featuring new unreleased UNKLE tracks plus more remixes. (09/30/04)

Back