Sunday 7th - Wednesday 10th…short but sweet!

elmooreo

So I'm going to strike while the iron is hot and try and get this down now…I only landed at 4am this morning so might be a bit scatty but don't really want to put it off and inevitably forget so…

I've done two short trips this year and will hopefully get one or two more in out of season. I am getting married in Ibiza next May so we have been blagging the trips as reccy missions to sort things out for the wedding, visit the venue etc…My other half ended up going away with work at quite late notice so I managed to persuade my best mate to come with me last minute for a couple of days of debauchery. We flew out on Sunday evening arriving in Ibiza about 11pm…just time enough to get a couple of cold beers down us in our room (Lido Apartments) and get set for the night ahead. We were heading out to We Love at Space…a night that had intrigued for a good while mainly because the line up had been shrouded in mystery until pretty recently…It turned out to be a happy coincidence that Spotlight were hosting El Salon…added bonus!

We got to Space to find the queue to get in surprisingly long…it was easily the busiest I had seen a We Love party for the last couple of years. No dramas, the queue ended up going down pretty quickly and we were in before we knew it. Looking at the set times, they worked out pretty well…Kerri Chandler was on at 01.30 and then Joy O was on pretty much straight after in the discoteca. We had time enough to have a mooch on the premier etage with a drink for half an hour or so and meet up with some mates that had arrived on the island before us. I also grabbed my mate and headed to El Salon for a bit and managed to take in some of Ric's set, meet Stivi and have a quick hierbas or two. The vibe in there was great, very friendly and the music was hitting the spot. I remember an acidy take on Billy Jean getting played and then Inspector Norse coming in. Nice work!

After that it was time to claim a spot on the terrace for Kerri Chandler…I've seen him a good few times but he never fails to disappoint and Sunday was no exception. I think it was the first time that he had played on the terrace but you could tell that he got it straight away and knew what tunes would do the trick…there were many highlights, I remember an incredible remix of Chic - Lost in Music, Pete Heller - Big Love, Finder - Nine Toes, AVH - You don't know me all getting played. It was also really cool to see him take the whole Manchester WHP thing head on and he played Inner City - Pennies from Heaven and New Order - Blue Monday as a nod to the occasion….I must admit I felt a bit old when nobody around me seemed to recognise Pennies from Heaven…such a tune though! Anyway he played such a good set….once he had finished off we went into see Joy O and George Fitzgerald…not as taken with the set as we had hoped we would be, couldn't really get into it truth be told….I'd say the same of Eats Everything and Richy Ahmed b2b…it looked as though they were having a ball but the music didn't reach the same levels of quality as Kerri Chandler….they used so many effects on every track as well. Give it a rest! Anyway we called it a night at around 06.30 and got back to the room.

Unfortunately when we got back we realised the aircon wasn't working in our room so we only managed a few hours kip, we were up and about before midday. We were both feeling surprisingly ok so we grabbed a few beers and a couple of cans of Kas limon and grabbed a taxi for Salinas. We had such a glorious day there it really is my idea of heaven sitting out there by Sa Trinxa all day. The music they play all day really soothes away the effects of the night before and there are so many different and beautiful people around. I heard a weird but wonderful cover version of White Lines by Grandmaster Flash and a couple of different takes of the Pharell song Happy. It turned out to be a pretty boozy day…the beers were flowing well and then we sat down to eat with a bottle of chilled rioja over lunch and then followed that with the obligatory jug of cava sangria later on. We wanted to get to DC10 in relatively good time so we headed back to the room for around 6.30ish for a shower and a disco nap. We regrouped and got ourselves out to DC10 in time to catch Cassy so I guess it must have been 9 or 10.

Needless to say when I got to DC10 I wasn't feeling my best, I'd been a textbook brit abroad drinking too much in the day and overindulged with the sun…sometimes as well a small sleep doesn't help when in reality you need a good few more hours. Anyway I wasn't going to let that ruin my night ahead to I had plenty of water and took things easy for the first hour or two before braving the drink again….For all my good intentions I'm afraid to say that I was pretty spangled later on and as a result sasha's set is a bit blurry but I was ok again for Dixon and Damian Lazarus who I felt was absolutely incredible. I was loving it in the main room with the red bar lasers all around…really good vibes in there. Come 4am I was hoping things would push through a bit later but no such luck and Damian Lazarus seemed to stop the music bang on 4. We were both still buzzing so decided to jump in a cab over to Amnesia for the last few hours there. Luciano was good, harder sound for the Cocoon terrace and the crowd were lapping it up as was he…I'd say one thing though, he, or someone in the booth was a bit trigger happy with the big ice cannon…it seemed to go off every 2 minutes! In the end I couldn't help laughing every time it went off! We left there I guess at about 7 feeling pretty sorry for ourselves after a massive day and night!

The day following was always going to be painful and exacerbated by the fact that we had to check out before 12. We managed to gather our things and not forget anything important. I headed over to the little shop opposite for more Kas Limon, water and Cheetos…those supplies would hopefully nurse us back. We had a good snooze by the pool, we were in no hurry because our flight was the 0120 back to Gatwick. I'd say at around 7 we got changed and had quite a pleasant walk from Figuretas into Ibiza town. Initially we headed to Cafe Tomato in the old market square…had really good memories of that place from trips gone by, I remember the food used to be really good. Unfortunately last night the service was very slow and the menu was very limited…it was only really sandwiches and stuff….maybe we were there too early? Anyway we had a drink and then quickly moved on….I'm glad we did because the place we moved to was superb! I think it was called La Bodega, just around the corner from the old market square. The service here was exceptional and the food was incredible and very good value. We could have sat there for hours and hours drinking beers and picking away at prawns, squid…As it turns out it was very busy and there were a lot of people waiting for a table so we settled up and moved on so as not to deprive others of such a wonderful meal. We still had some time to kill so we wondered around a bit more and dived into a couple of other places for some more beers to sooth away the pain of the flight and inevitable long night ahead….and then that was it really, time to go. The flight was all smooth no delays or anything, we were just both so tired by the time we landed after functioning on very little sleep over the last 60 hours or so and only one meal per day more or less….still can't wait to go back though! Hopefully late October will be the next trip, really looking forward to see what the island is like out of season!

lovely to meet you :) sorry didn't have more time to chat, but was pretty busy all night I gotta say.

I'll do a review once i can get my head together to remember what actually went on.... :lol:

Excellent meeting everyone!! Too many names go through but you all know who you are... :)

Until next time... In 3 weeks!!! Or possibly Monday if i can get my replacement bank cards by then (more on this in my review)... :lol:

Back