Summer 2020...where to go? PDB or SAN ANT?Ibz town?

djcedrice

I go to Ibiza (first time) in August, but still undecided: Playa d en bossa or San antonio? Difficult choice for me ... where will be the most (open air) events?
PDB: probably Bora Bora, boat parties Ocean Beat and Cirque de la nuit ...
San Antoni: O beach, Ibiza rocks, ...
Where else? And maybe for me also important...I travel alone, like to meet people and to party, but I'm 49 y. so I don't wanna go to places with only 18-20 y people ;-)

It's the age-old dilemma mate to be honest. San An you have the sunset and some excellent restaurants, PDB you are closer to Ibiza town, the airport, and you have a nice beach on your doorstep. But in these unprecedented times, I've heard Bossa is extremely quiet, ghost-town esque. Pretty grim I would imagine.

Personally I have the same situation and am waiting to see if Bora Bora opens, which beach bars are open and how lively they are getting (Beachhouse etc). But my gut feeling is telling me San An this year....

San An 100% cheaper, sunset, menu del dia, good restaurants. (ibz town was to be my favourite early years)
i 've been to some pdb hotels, ((Ebano, Bossa flow,tivoli, dausol I & II, Llevant, Jabeque)) damn shit hole (unless for people into Vip with Hard rock hotel ushuaia hotel/club) as we always eat far from pdb , ibz town or San jordi
i dont think boat parties will be allowed.

Bora bora beach used to be dead place, a place i avoid as much last 5 years (went 2 times, DC10 after party ibz 19 & 1 regular afternoon)
Still can take bus if its a rocking place this year with El patio bora bora beach

Think Bossa will be weird this year with no Ushuaia/Hi. Have you considered Ibiza Town/Fig? Easy buses to anywhere you want, beaches accessible and a huge choice of eating and drinking venues

its a no brainer for me has to be San An, Pdb lacks character completely just a strip like street. if it wasn't home to a few giants Hi, Ushuaia, HRH I can honestly say I wouldn't ever visit the beaches are nicer but San Antonio takes the biscuit in every other form (just my personal opinion)

I always stayed in San An but last year I treated myself to both. PDB is an older crowd and the beach is the biggest draw. Going to San Antonio afterwards was like a different trip and really weird.

I don't know about this year's situation. Since the clubs are closed I would even consider like Santa Eularia or something.

I always stayed in San An but last year I treated myself to both. PDB is an older crowd and the beach is the biggest draw. Going to San Antonio afterwards was like a different trip and really weird.

I don't know about this year's situation. Since the clubs are closed I would even consider like Santa Eularia or something.
that's why I'm so in doubt ... since I'm older (49) don't feel like sitting between 95% 20 year olds and I think it would be better in PDB because of slightly older people than just 20 year olds ... but I am afraid that there will be nothing to see in PDB other than bora bora and that is why it is better in San Ant ... really do not know ... And I do not want to just tour and visit beaches for a whole day. .. music, people and fun ... somehow ;-)

It is located in the ar*e-end of San Antonio and very young.
We got passed security this year to get in at about 7am, only to be chucked out within an hour because the Irish girls were singing IRA songs outside their room ?‍♂️. I imagine that sums it up?. My friend is staying there this year but booked it before letting me know so i'm in a hotel around the corner.

Think Bossa will be weird this year with no Ushuaia/Hi. Have you considered Ibiza Town/Fig? Easy buses to anywhere you want, beaches accessible and a huge choice of eating and drinking venues
Ibiza Rocks
I was there few years ago with a group for a 40th birthday.. I've been to and seen alot and it was an eye-opener.. definitely wouldn't want my kids going there and this was in May...

I go to Ibiza (first time) in August, but still undecided: Playa d en bossa or San antonio? Difficult choice for me ... where will be the most (open air) events?
PDB: probably Bora Bora, boat parties Ocean Beat and Cirque de la nuit ...
San Antoni: O beach, Ibiza rocks, ...
Where else? And maybe for me also important...I travel alone, like to meet people and to party, but I'm 49 y. so I don't wanna go to places with only 18-20 y people ;-)
I would recommand PDB over San An normaly, but this year I guess PDB will be desert, so I guess San An is a better choice (at least there will be a bit of action around you). That being said, if you are 49 I suggest you choose Figueretas instead. Between PDB and old town (where the most of the night action will be this summer) and the beach is pretty decent.

I'm really confused at the Pdb has an older crowd comments? San Antonio has a pretty well rounded mix I would say simular if not older than Pdb, families included especially around the squares.. the only place your going to get primarily younger people is around the westend and outside O, Ibiza Rocks bar etc etc

Last edited:
Facing the same dilemma but leaning towards staying in Ibiza Town. Never stayed there before but assume it will have the most action in terms of people and stuff being open. Will be lovely to spend some more time there too.

I’ve always been a big fan of San Antonio and unless I’m having a quiet winter break I’ll more often than not stay there

in the past I’ve had 3 nights in PDB and then moved over to San An for 7 Nights.

Facing the same dilemma but leaning towards staying in Ibiza Town. Never stayed there before but assume it will have the most action in terms of people and stuff being open. Will be lovely to spend some more time there too.
We have also played around with staying in Old Town as we spend a lot of our nights there anyway and a think we will do next year but maybe split it between city and San ann get best of both worlds

In a normal season Ibiza town can be a nightmare getting cabs to beaches, quite long queues. But that probably wont be an issue this season...

Back