subliminal vs defected

tonybologna

Which party would you recommend at Pacha? What is the difference between subliminal (wednesday night) and defected (tuesday night)?

Go for subliminal.

There is no contest between the morillo man and the blandness Defected offer these days!

Just my opinion! ;)

No Stuie it's not only your opinion it's mine too.....
I prefer the subliminal sound..i dont like the Defected dj's like
Junior Jack,Martin Solveigh,....

For me it has to be defected.

Over the past couple of years, morillo has gone down hill for me, playin house too techy for my liking and he seems to think a rock star, with Tommy Lee and ladies following him everywhere. His mixin has been shocking the last few times i've seen him and he is using cds which are far easier than final to beat match on.

As for the defected boys Solveig, Riviera etc. they just doing the thing at the moment with good ass shaking house with plenty of decent vocals.

Defected is a more happy sound and if i had to chose i would do defected, but if i could do both iwould because i'm in ibza and thats what its all about.

ROCK AND ROLL

Defected is pretty much just defected track after defected track, maybe with a defected acapella over the top.

Going nowhere, but nice and happy.

I'd be surprised if it has enough to keep you interested all night.

Plus theres the risk they may have Sleepy Rivera come on or some Africanism noodly bo__ocks which'll kill it.

They won't be getting my dollar this year.

Subluminal is more of an experience. Hats off to Erick for all his stuff with Tommy Lee etc. I used to worship what Erick does, and I still consider his hands and brain better than most, even if he does play stuff too techy for me these days.

Personally, I'd go for Sanchez, which is in the middle. He'll wind you up and down so well, that he'll get you dancing to stuff you definitely woudn't normally dance to, and then when you finally realise that your dancing to some real deep or techy stuff, WHACK, he'll throw in a funky tune and everyone will explode. Then do it all over again. A true master.

Yup, Roger Sanchez' Release Yourself night craps on both Defected and Subliminal, IMO ... ;)

subliminal = erick morillo = dog dirt has been or never has been = poo

defected = simon dunmore, dimitri from paris, joey negro, blaze, danny krivit, sandy rivera

i thank you

AlancUTH said:
subliminal = erick morillo = dog dirt has been or never has been = poo

defected = simon dunmore, dimitri from paris, joey negro, blaze, danny krivit, sandy rivera

i thank you

different opinions coming out here.

I personally only agree with you on dimitri and joey negro and even he is hit and miss.

Erick Morillo used to be great - i even got chatted up by him!!!! (ok - who hasn`t?!!!) ;) But he used to be really in touch with the crowd, going through the night from funky, to harder techy stuff, but taking the crowd with him. now he couldn`t give a flying f**k if the crowd are enjoying themselves or not - he`s an absolute arsehole who thinks Ibiza should be bowing down at his feet. He`s good when playing space terrace, other than that, I choose a night in with a good book rather than Subliminal these days. Don`t get me wrong i don`t mind the more techy progressive styles, but his mixing is dire and it`s hard to enjoy a night when you know the DJ is such a twat.
Defected on the other hand have some great names playing for them, but are only for the real funky lovers. Really happy, vocal stuff and always a great crowd. Been a few times last year and went while over in Uk. You have my verdict!!

I wouldn't go to either night unless they had a really good guest cos Defected is a bit too fluffy fluffy funky house for my liking and I haven't seen Erick play a good set for about 4 years.

I'll go to Defected if it's MAW or Krivit as guests.

I'll go to Subliminal if Erick's got someone like Carter or DJ Heather with him.

Apart from that I wouldn't bother with either night.

N8 said:
^^^ Best signature ever :lol:
Actually got a tshirt with this sig nature on it - do get a few strange looks from people who don`t have a clue about david guetta!! xx

Sarita said:
N8 said:
Actually got a tshirt with this sig nature on it - do get a few strange looks from people who don`t have a clue about david guetta!! xx

T-shirt - cool, thats much better than all those past their sell by date F**k me i'm famous ones you see people wearing :D ;)

N8 said:
Sarita said:
N8 said:

T-shirt - cool, thats much better than all those past their sell by date F**k me i'm famous ones you see people wearing :D ;)

I thought she meant she had a "F**k me i'm famous" T, but changed the slant on it for her sig?

Drew :oops: or N8 :oops: ?

gallery.mr.burns.jpg

Exxxx-ce-lent 8)

Where do you live in Ibiza, Sarita, have you lived on the island long?

Back