Stupid plug question...

Zola34

Reviews have said there's only one plug socket in our room, would it be safe to take an ordinary 4 plug extension lead to use coming off the one socket? Obviously using the 2 pin to go in the socket first.

Good question. Personally, I'd save any wattage conversion issues, and buy an extension lead out there.

Good question. Personally, I'd save any wattage conversion issues, and buy an extension lead out there.

But then I'd have to use a load of 2 pin plugs, which would probably be less safe? And I'm not buying hairdryer, straighteners etc over there ha

yeah, I'm just worried that because Spanish voltage is slightly lower, it may be too easy to overload using the UK lead with appliances attached.

I always travel with a double-adaptor (unit with 2 x 3-pin sockets into 1 x 2-pin hole). Think you can buy them at the airport. That does laptop and phone charger together (having no requirement for straighteners being a bloke with straight hair, or for hairdrier on account of the heat) and is completely safe.

Presumably you can unplug stuff to use hairdrier and straighteners etc for a few minutes if you need them ?

Should be ok as most things only draw a small amount of current (chargers, ipod docks etc).
Hair appliances and irons draw a larger amount so only should be used one at a time.

Thanks.

There are 2 girls who will be trying to get ready at the same time, but I'm sure we'll manage. I'll have a look for one of those 2 plug thingys at the airport though.

Reviews have said there's only one plug socket in our room, would it be safe to take an ordinary 4 plug extension lead to use coming off the one socket? Obviously using the 2 pin to go in the socket first.

I have been doing this for the past 4 years when travelling to Europe for my hols, and have never experienced a problem.

This way you can have your hairdryer, phone charger & laptop/mp3 speakers all plugged in at the same time and really get in the party mode when you're getting ready!

I have been doing this for the past 4 years when travelling to Europe for my hols, and have never experienced a problem.

This way you can have your hairdryer, phone charger & laptop/mp3 speakers all plugged in at the same time and really get in the party mode when you're getting ready!

I might just give it a go then, maybe take a wooden rolling pin with me as well just in case!

Haha yeah so many people are amazed when I tell them.
Can’t get it in my case now!
ae235

Back