Strange question about cats!

kittycartier

Are there lots of stray cats in Ibiza? I'm really rather sensitive when it comes to cats (sensitive in that I love them and can't stand to see them hurt or mistreated because they're seen as pests - yes I am slightly odd!:lol:)

I've often avoided places where I know there are stray cat problems i.e. Cyprus as it just really upsets me and ruins my holiday!

Anyone know anything? Is it a problem there, do you see lots of kittens begging for food when people are eating at restaurants etc?

Thanks, sorry to be so weird!!!

well got to say over the 25 years i have been going not seen many strays at all really.normal house cats around living areas.but not like you see in benidorm ect.

mine you lots of chinese food places? not trying to put you off,but where i live many years ago a place got fined and band for having dogs in fridge.

I've never seen a stray kitten in all the time that I have lived here. There is a charity that goes around the island collecting and neutering strays and it seems to work. I remember years ago being in Fuerteventura and there were hundreds of stray kittens everywhere that you went. I've never seen anything like that in Ibiza though.

We have had a young cat hanging around near the house that appears to be feral. We have nicknamed him Jordi. He was very nervous if you got near him. We have given him a few food scraps most days and he has calmed down a lot now and will sometimes take food from the hand but will still hiss now and again. The other day he turned up with a male cat that looks like he could be his dad and they were both on the scrounge. The older cat is owned (a lot of owned cats have a little bit of an ear cut off as he does). The next day the two cats turned up with a female that looks like she could be Jordi´s sister. After that he brought around an owned black and white cat and then a black cat that he doesnt get on with has followed him to our house. They are eating us out of house and home!

that trimmed ear is a sign that the cat has been neutered by the vet team that visits. it ensures that they don't operate on cats which have already been done!

I stand corrected Stephen. Thanks.
I know there is a lady around the corner that is with one of the cat charities. She asked us if we wanted a couple of young cats but we said no thanks because it looks like we will be overrun by cats soon when Jordi tells the rest of the local cats found out what a soft touch we are.
The black and white cat has a tail bent in two places. Does this mean anything?

I stand corrected Stephen. Thanks.
I know there is a lady around the corner that is with one of the cat charities. She asked us if we wanted a couple of young cats but we said no thanks because it looks like we will be overrun by cats soon when Jordi tells the rest of the local cats found out what a soft touch we are.
The black and white cat has a tail bent in two places. Does this mean anything?

Yeah- it's broke!

Back