Starting a business in ibiza 2014

Ibiza87

Can anyone offer sound advice for starting a business in Ibiza, I understand Spain has been hit hard by the recession, I wish to start a business for the summer season 2014.

I had to ideas in mind however I'm struggling to find information on the subject.

Few questions if anyone feels like they can help :)

1. Is it illegal to offer a flight transfer service pre-booked? from my research you cannot obtain a taxi license for private hire.

1. What would be the process of getting a street food license?

Myself and my girlfriend who speak Spanish are looking to stay for 6 months.

I read something about being to do transfers free as part of another business. So say I own a hotel/bar I can pick people and drop them off to/from that place. Be warned, the police have been handing out fines right left and centre for non licenced taxi drivers the past couple of years. Big fines.

As for street food depends what you have in mind I imagine. Its not something I've really seen so I can't imagine its easy or even possible. I'd love there to be 70 baht pad thai on every street but thats a different continent.

Think long and hard about how you are going to set up. If you go self employed (autonimo) you have to pay a minimum fee in taxes, submit books and financial reports every 3 months. Its no where near as easy as in the UK which is a shame as it might encourage more people to go it alone and help drag the country up out of trouble.

As with most things in Spain, if you're serious, you'll need a gestoria for proper advice/help.

Thanks for your reply this has been helpful, I don't understand why the make it so hard but thats the way it is I guess.

I will have to look into the self employed option to make sure I'm doing everything by the book otherwise I'll probs struggle lasting the season.

I'll have to look at the drawing board to make sure my next idea will be an easier venture.

i might be wrong, but i think...

Transfer Service: you'd probably need to get a travel agency/tour operator/transport organization license.

Street Food: as far as I know a mobile street food business form doesn't exist. You'd need a proper place with a café or restaurant license.

If you want to make a small fortune in Ibiza, Bring a big one :confused: And as you say be patient, Get used to the shrug of shoulders, the wry smile and "It`s Ibiza"
Tim

Back