Star boats - rent a boat

Had a boat from this place last year, from about 11.30am to 8.00pm. A mate who had been in Ibiza a few months earlier recommended, and I will do the same now.

It was just me and the missus which meant the share cost did not make it more affordable. Even still, it was great value. If you get a group, 3/4/5 or so will be even better.

Was great going around those little Islands down at Cala Comte, and then over Cala Salada and back to Cafe Del Mar (we kept ourselves 10 mins away from the shore, more peaceful) for the sunset.

219230_4219462578338_1708171841_o.jpg

Had a boat from this place last year, from about 11.30am to 8.00pm. A mate who had been in Ibiza a few months earlier recommended, and I will do the same now.

It was just me and the missus which meant the share cost did not make it more affordable. Even still, it was great value. If you get a group, 3/4/5 or so will be even better.

Was great going around those little Islands down at Cala Comte, and then over Cala Salada and back to Cafe Del Mar (we kept ourselves 10 mins away from the shore, more peaceful) for the sunset.

Thanks for replying!

Theres 4 of us so works out 37 euros each for half a day? would you say half a day is worth it?

If you go for the sunset time does it need to be back at sunset or just after it? Iv emailed them just now to get more info.

They don't mind you seeing the sunset, they understand it's a key selling point. They plan a route that once the sun has set you are just 15 mins away.

Of course half a day is worth it. An hour is, but an hour hire from most places is 80 euros! Half/Whole days offer much better value.

Get up early, do the whole day. Plenty of time to visit lots of bays, throw the anchor down and half a swim etc!

We had half a day last year (they were right next to our hotel) we really enjoyed it and are booked again this year. Take some food and drink, we has a cool box provided and we found half a day to be fine. Its 180 euros inc fuel and insurance. I think that's pretty reasonable.

Really like the sound of these boats. Would anyone know if there is something similar which would cater for a group of 9 so we wouldn't need 2 boats?

Starboats only have 1 size of boat, there are several other charter companies (I think you can find them on here) and some are for use without a skipper, I think generally bigger boats = bigger engines so you can't take them out without being licenced. Two boats might be fun, you can race!

Since my last post I have found others on the website.

Obviously with a bigger boat come a bigger price etc etc, looks like hiring a couple of star boats is the best option and I'm hoping the group agree :)

Well at 4 per boat you are talking 40 euros each. That's a bargain for a half day messing about on a boat. You will need ice for your icebox, to keep the drinks cook. the supermarkets across from the beach sell it. The sneaky buggers also sell sarnies, well they did last year, and great prepacked fruit.

Done it! was a good laugh although it was a bit choppy the day we went out and everything got soaked. And we felt like we couldn't jump in the sea because there were jellyfish everywhere! Worth it though :)

Planning on doing this when I head over again. Anybody got an idea as to how early you usually need to book, obviously going end of September it will be a bit quieter but does it get fully booked? Just want to hold off as late as possible to make sure we go when it's a good day and not thunderstorms or whatever.

Can you actually get onto any of the beaches or do u have to anchor off shore? Also can you have a beer or 2 on the boat or is this illegal?

Have just booked a couple of these bad boys for our stay in August, looks awesome, especially for the sunset, will feedback afterwards.

Back