Stag may 2019

scottm

Hi

I know this has been covered a few times over the years but I guess the scene has changed somewhat.

My stag is going to be next May or June. We are looking at 3 nights. Flight prices of suitable dates are:

Tues 28th - Fri 31st May £148

Thurs 30th - Sun 2nd June £238

Tues 18th - Fri 21st June £200

Obviously the cheaper the better as I don't want people not to make it. My worry is not much will be happening mid week 28th to 31st may. Would any of the club's have anything on? Looking to do one big club night. One evenng at cafe mabo and a day at ocean beach. Probably hit the West end for the rest of the time. Just looking your thoughts.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

I’d imagine there’ll be something on.

Coocon Opening this year for example was Wednesday May 30th.

If you’re that concerned, there will be a lot more on in June.

Yeah true. Hard to know what will be on given it's almost a year away. Does the West end shut at 3am now ? Is there anywhere else to go after that?

Yeah true. Hard to know what will be on given it's almost a year away. Does the West end shut at 3am now ? Is there anywhere else to go after that?

Not been this year yet but the west end has been very quiet in recent years and not sure the 3am curfew would help.
I’d probably only plan on it for 1 night tops!

Serious? I thought it was still quite lively. Maybe have to rethink plans then. Where else is there to go if some of the bigger clubs haven't opened yet ?

What is the age of your group? I avoid the west end only went through their twice briefly and observations were the crowed is young

June is a great time to go and there will be something suitable - You can't go wrong if you are out there for Fri-Mon

I went on a stag do last year, we're all early 30s and everyone wanted different but we did Ocean Beach, Zoo Project and Elrow over 3 days. Also did a night in the west end and the sun set with some beers near Mambo. Great weekend

I went on a stag do last year, we're all early 30s and everyone wanted different but we did Ocean Beach, Zoo Project and Elrow over 3 days. Also did a night in the west end and the sun set with some beers near Mambo. Great weekend
Thanks for the reply mate, what dates did you go if you dont mind me asking? Where did you stay? Same here we are all over 30 (just mind you ill be 31 when heading next year)

Thanks for the reply mate, what dates did you go if you dont mind me asking? Where did you stay? Same here we are all over 30 (just mind you ill be 31 when heading next year)

Rough break down of the different places we did, all my opinion..
I went end of July last year. We stopped in Ibiza Rocks in San Ant, which was a little young TBH, prob avg age 18 - 25. We booked the Rockstar apartments so had a good room so in the day spent a fair amount chilling on the balcony, had one day around the Chill out pool which was also fine. The booking through the website and customer services was great when our numbers changed they sorted us out and gave us some money back by re-organizing the rooms for us.

In terms of what to do it depends on what type of group you've got an how much people want to spend. There was 14 of us on our trip and some people didn't care and wanted to go all out and others had a certain budget.

So we did Ocean Beach, which wasn't cheap but I'm glad we did it. We'd booked 2 - 8 bed tables in the Garden area, which was at the back but was great, table service which was prompt and friendly - if we'd have been right in the middle near the pools it may had been to much. Anyway Can't remember but it was something like 200E per bed, and then we had a min spend which we rounded it up to 100E per person. It sounds like a lot but we arrived about 2pm and left about 9pm - and roughly had about 6 rounds of 14 beers, lunch each which was really good, and we bought a 1.5 ltr of vodka + mixers for about 500e (which I chocked ordering) but it's an experience and everyone enjoyed it, may have had a couple of jugs of cocktails but not sure - They also have girls walking round selling drinks, they're 5e so we bought a few rounds of these extra.

Zoo Project - felt more like a mini festival so if you've got people who've done festivals in the past then this is good choice. We all really enjoyed it, it got going about 8pm, we arrived at 5, so had a few hours just chilling have beers and photos was good with loads of little stalls all over. We left about 11pm (not sure what times it closes) to get back to the hotel to get sorted for Elrow.

Elrow - It's crazy, just check social media for some of the videos. On here some people with argue the music is rubbish. If you're with a group of people who aren't that bothered about a certain type of music and want to experience something crazy then this is a good shout. It's very busy and I'd recommend getting tickets before hand, the queue for paying on the door was mental. I'd also pre bought drinks vouchers which worked fine.

West end - we went after we'd been at Ocean Beach all day - it's just like a typical main strip anywhere really. people trying to get you in with drink offers, I'd rather spend my time doing a proper event like the ones about but it's fine for what it is for a couple of drinks - loads of street sellers but they're all over San Ant.

On our last night all struggling with a couple of days of partying we went down to the sunset strip which is just past Mambo's. Was great and good way the end of the holiday having a few beers watching the sun set all talking about the last couple of days.

We booked all our tickets before which I think is a good idea, and this site is good - check the event calendar have a look at the different events and try and book over the one you want to go to.

Great post and really informative thank you.

Wedding is start of july so looking at end of may time for the stag so it will be quieter it seems and age wise it shouldn't be as busy with younger ones given the time of year. I seen the Ibiza rocks hotel and the events don't start until june so was thinking it might be a good place to stop, it is decently priced for that time of year.

3 nights so my thoughts are:

1 day Ocean Beach then west end in the evening
2 day potentially pool chill out, then if we can find a big club thats open or event thats on do this
3 day unsure and then on the evening same as you cafe mambo, beers, chill and reflect and go from there.

This is just my thoughts at present, could change.

Yeah cool! something similar to what we did.

Ocean Beach website is cool, with the interactive map so you can get an idea for location cost and what you want. It didn't seem as big as it map.

Wouldn't book to much and have time to chill and sit around. Definitely try and book one of the big clubs if you do an event: Hi Ibiza, Amnesia or Privilege

Back