Space when it rains...

MJH

Anyone been on the Space terrace when it rains? Last time I was in, I noticed that there's very little on the terrace that's decently covered in the event of the heavens opening. How does it work in the event of a downpour?

So far, so far lucky with the weather over the last few years, but I'm sure the luck will run out one day, so best be prepared - dib-dib, dob-dob, an all that.

Mart

you're right, but it seems impossible to do something if you dont want to put a plastic roof or something...
some times, we went out of any club with one of these summer storms,
and when we got into space, the terrace was closed for all the day.

//technoboy.

Ho ho, last year for the final Garlands party at Space, feck me did it rain :eek: People were saying that it was the heaviest downpour that they can remember in PDB. The whole area was totally flooded, 10 inch deep puddles in the road,the main road litterally turned into a river. All this happened in about 3/4 hour. There was a puddle outside the front of Space about 8 inches deep!

Then it stopped raining, the terrace was swept out and the party kicked off. No damage done :D

N8 said:
Ho ho, last year for the final Garlands party at Space, feck me did it rain :eek: People were saying that it was the heaviest downpour that they can remember in PDB. The whole area was totally flooded, 10 inch deep puddles in the road,the main road litterally turned into a river. All this happened in about 3/4 hour. There was a puddle outside the front of Space about 8 inches deep!

Then it stopped raining, the terrace was swept out and the party kicked off. No damage done :D

I was there, well not in Space but outside. The road opposite Space which went to the beach, just before the road to Bora Bora was probably about 12 inches deep. :lol:

gecko2 said:
The road opposite Space which went to the beach, just before the road to Bora Bora was probably about 12 inches deep

something like this? :lol:

flood156.jpg

i was in space this year when it rained, it was cool.

as long as you were in the 'zone' it kept you nioce and cool.

We went to see Carl Cox at space just a few months ago on tue 2nd september. This was the first day it had rained in Ibiza since May and also just by coincidence the first day we had hired our convertible jeep which came with no roof. Imagine the carnage. We were heading to the water park as well when it started to rain, what a disaster. Anyway we got thoughroughly drenched and just hung out in den bosa all day doing jack. we decided to stay and go to space for coxy thinking that if it rained we could just go inside. ANYWAY, it did rain and like I've never seen before, lightning bolts every second were visible and audible from inside Space but CHECK THIS OUT: we were on the terrace looking up at the lightning bolts through the meshy cloth like roof yet we didn't get one drop of rain on us. I've never undeerstood this but they have def. done something to prevent the place getting as soaked as the stories from previous years mentiones above. By the way coxy was a big dissappointment. Boring and monotenous all the way, Ive had more fun done at my local carpet, crome and neon corporate leisure owned nightclub.

kn1980 said:
By the way coxy was a big dissappointment. Boring and monotenous all the way, Ive had more fun done at my local carpet, crome and neon corporate leisure owned nightclub.

should have gone to the closing on 9th september, he was un-believable that night.

;)

Robo said:
kn1980 said:
By the way coxy was a big dissappointment. Boring and monotenous all the way, Ive had more fun done at my local carpet, crome and neon corporate leisure owned nightclub.

should have gone to the closing on 9th september, he was un-believable that night.

;)

Garlands was better ;) :p :p

Development work to Space is being carried out over the winter so that the terrace does have a roof when required. I think the idea is with a roof they can therefore turn up the sound and perhaps play later than 12.

Back