Solomun +1 @ PACHA 2022 - Reviews & Reports

mr_why

With Solomun's socials indicating that the line-ups are being announced today [16 May], suggest we discuss it here or we will bring the gossip thread to it's knees!

It's like waiting for a new Pope to be announced... waiting for the white smoke to come from Pacha chimney (if they have one). :)

We got Keinemusik but also very happy to see some lesser known names in there too … I guess in reality some of those could be a little quieter than previous years given what Pyramid are offering as an alternative

We got Keinemusik but also very happy to see some lesser known names in there too … I guess in reality some of those could be a little quieter than previous years given what Pyramid are offering as an alternative

Maybe, but there is one man that is top of the bill EVERY night.... SOLOMUN

We got Adriatique which we are more than happy with! Just hope its not too busy with SHM being in town. Shouldn't effect it, right?

That date will be a roadblock! But then Sven is at Amnesia that night too! That is a VERY tricky one for some people I think.

a similar clash with dixon as mladen's +1 on 24th july and ben klock b2b marcel dettmann at amnesia!

You have to hand it to them, there are some interesting bookings there. To give a flavor this is the Trance Wax Remix of Solumun's Night Travel:

Really interesting and quite brave bookings dotted across the season - the idea that a trance DJ/producer (even if it’s an alias of Ejeca) would be playing the biggest event at Pacha, maybe even the island, would be pretty unthinkable not long ago.

Also love the bookings of Jamie xx and Erol Alkan. Could go to far too many of the +1s this season. 😂

Also love the bookings of Jamie xx and Erol Alkan. Could go to far too many of the +1s this season. 😂

Yeah agree. The established names should be great, but so intrigued by some of the new ones.

Anyone we surprised is missing? I was hoping Sven would make a Pacha return, but seems not to be? Comparing to 2019, no Maceo Plex, Peggy Gou, Tale of Us, DJ Koze.

Not sure about the less established names. I'm generally seeing newer DJs everywhere on lineups in Ibiza. Have the fees really gotten that much??

Not sure about the less established names. I'm generally seeing newer DJs everywhere on lineups in Ibiza. Have the fees really gotten that much??

My view at the moment is there are a bunch of nights that are very similar on the tech-house side, and we have debated this before. Personally after a 2 year gap, promoters need to get people in the door - so I do not blame them.

However, I also think when you look at say Circo Loco, Solomun+1, Pyramid, even Glitterbox (totally different genre I know), some promoters/clubs have absolutely nailed the established Vs newer / less obvious DJs IMO.

Back