So what's this year's Man With The Red Face?

fusion

Every summer there's at least 1 big tune that is being canned all over the island and by various genre-playing DJs.

Last year it was definetly the year of MARK KNIGHT & FUNKAGENDA - THE MAN WITH THE RED FACE.
Yes it was followed also by Grindhouse, Pjanoo, Toca Me (Remixes) and some other cracking tunes.

And the question that remains;
What tune is so far this year's biggest tune on the island?

From peoples' reports i take it that Michael Cleis - La Mezcla is the one that doing the rounds so far all over the island, however i don't see it becoming as big and appealing as Red Face and the likes...
So which tune will be lucky enough to hit everywhere and being played the most this summer?

Last edited by a moderator:
This feels like watching T4 on the beach muttering dismissive thoughts to myself and feeling out of touch with todays youth :(

Perhaps not big enough, but Joris Voorn's Sweep The Floor is getting quite some airtime (and deserved!).

Have said this in other threads but TUUUUUUNE! For me anyway. Others that I expect to do well include:

Mark Knight and Funkagenda - Good Times / Flauta Magica (really good summertime tune)

Lazy Jay - Float My Boat

So much good music around at the moment.

I like it and I'm sure thousands of others did as this was the most play track last year without a doubt. No need for the "was it? :rolleyes:" comment just because this isn't to your taste, We all have our own.
Well said!

Now anyone that can actually contribute to this thread (by being in Ibiza this summer already and hearing the tunes there) may comment, otherwise don't bother with your negative comments!

I like it and I'm sure thousands of others did as this was the most play track last year without a doubt. No need for the "was it? :rolleyes:" comment just because this isn't to your taste, We all have our own.

where do you go in Ibiza? Pacha/Space?

go to Cocoon or Monza and then we can talk music

go to Cocoon or Monza and then we can talk music

as much as i love both these parties and their music, i think you're being quite narrowminded right now. ibiza is not only about cocoon or monza (and underground electronic music).

fact is, TMWTRF was the most banged-out tune last summer. and i've heard it in every big club, every bar, the shops etc... we're not discussing if it is a good tune (but IMO it was well-produced and made everybody dance and i personally liked it), but the simple fact it was a big tune and fusion was simply asking about this year's big tunes...so will you behave you italian stallion ;)

The original was tune of the summer as far as I'm concerned, when Laurent garnier finished with some stupidly long version of it at Space at the closings ;)

Well said!

Now anyone that can actually contribute to this thread (by being in Ibiza this summer already and hearing the tunes there) may comment, otherwise don't bother with your negative comments!

forgive me, but I think people are entitled to be cynical when the so-called "biggest tune" there last year was a rehashed/inferior/lazy version of a Garnier classic....

Perhaps not big enough, but Joris Voorn's Sweep The Floor is getting quite some airtime (and deserved!).

This song has got ugly vocal edit UK top 40 October 09 written all over it lol I think the Dennis Ferrer tune is gonna be 'the one' this year .. I only found out about it from reading these forums 2 days ago and I can't get the melody out of my head.. It's a classy tune that can cross over to the charts without being spoiled by some cheesey vocal therefore will be loved by the masses :D

This song has got ugly vocal edit UK top 40 October 09 written all over it lol I think the Dennis Ferrer tune is gonna be 'the one' this year .. I only found out about it from reading these forums 2 days ago and I can't get the melody out of my head.. It's a classy tune that can cross over to the charts without being spoiled by some cheesey vocal therefore will be loved by the masses :D

By that I didn't mean it would get in the charts and thats why it'll be massive, but I was using that to convey how easy on the ear it is (most people would like it as theres no reason not to) :D

yeah, I quite like that dennis ferrer too

my fave records of 2009 so far off top of head - some balearic, some house - loads missed out, which I couldn't hope to identify

mungolian jetset moon jocks n prog rocks
roy davis junior - come on
florence and the machine - rabbit heart leo edit
40 thieves - don't turn it off Brennan Green remix
crazy p - stop space return - unabombers dub
woolfy projections - starlight - invisible conga people mix
dj kaos - love the night away - tie dye mix
jack penate - tonight's today
lola - wax the van - ilja rudman mix
au revoir simone - grateful
jj cale - ride me high - joakim mix
dj mehdi - pocket piano - joakim mix
codebreaker - follow me
djuma soundsystem - small fries
visti & meyland - yes ma'am all night long
equinox - code 718 - henrik schwarz mix
tony lioni - found a place
black flag - duchess says - juan maclean mix
einfach - lemany
ame - setsi
dj hell - the angst (orig 1 & 2 + henrik schwarz remix)
unkle - hold my hand - innervisions orchestra mix
mes - madrugada
house of house - rushing to paradise
motor city drum ensemble 6

albums

juan maclean
coyote

although....

the tune I cannot dislodge from my head at mo

is nina simone - here comes the sun (francois k mix) from 2007

bit of a late convert to this

astonishing music.

forgive me, but I think people are entitled to be cynical when the so-called "biggest tune" there last year was a rehashed/inferior/lazy version of a Garnier classic....

I don't want to get all sneery, but I do have nights where I wake up in cold sweats with this reoccuring nightmare that there's all these kids in nightclubs that think The Man With The Red Face is an orignal Funkagenda idea and production. :oops::oops::oops::lol::spank:

(Nice list btw)

Back