So then party people, what's next...?

No party won't bother me in the slightest. If we can travel at some stage without quarantine I'll just do what we've always done ..beach,bars, bikes,bumps,bangers, buckfast, balconys,bed ..repeat. ? I've always had a PLAN B you could call it..
Is it safe to add Bums and Backdoors too..

Last edited:
No party won't bother me in the slightest.
right?

I'm not the party fiend I once was... If it comes down to it, I go out for a coffee. Otherwise, I'm at home for now.

I do have work. I hadn't shared it anywhere yet, but I was looking for work in September and landed on a nice job about 30 minutes commute from home. It's in a little mountain town with an accounting firm. We have lots of work, many local clients, and I'll be training for the foreseeable future.

Anyway, with that I'm out of the house a considerable amount. And I have a weekend gig too; at least I do until December when they wrap up. The weekend job is counting signatures from petitions to add ballot measures/propositions to ballots when our state votes - at least I think it's local to the state level...

Anyway, yeah. If I weren't totally busy, I might entertain a club night. But even that remains unattractive because I want to stay in good health.

The way I look at it, if you value your life, stay home! CoViD is serious! I can't be bothered to go out and risk spread or infection. And cases here (U.S.) are on the rise in a big way.

I love and live for the culture, but I think right now the best things we can do for ourselves, each other, and the aforementioned culture is be virtual.*

Last edited:
I feel very bad for people I know with businesses on the island, people I know for 25+ yrs.. the people at spotlight @stivi @McRackin who we chat to most and all the true info as soon as they can tell us.. there will be things on I'm sure but not like we have been used to.. I think the clubs will try fancy dinners, some sort of show maybe live music and DJ then till midnight or 01:00 am... Hope I'm wrong and probably am but can't see much more than that happening for a few years..

Last edited:
.... i don't want to be too negative, but i am afraid that realistically this state of affairs will accompany us for at least another year.
I don't care about the big clubs that have been charging us 10 euros for a glass of water for years, or any big hotel chains ;-)
But of all the small bars and shops, and especially the people I have loved so much in the last years... there will probably not be many left "after" the crisis, and it is exactly these that made this little magic island so special for me!

Some negative outlooks on this thread and i respect everyone's opinion.
Personally i think next year will be the best year for clubbing in decades. Young people are like coiled springs waiting to let off some serious steam.
Older clubbers may not be as desperate to get back raving and that may have an impact on the musical genres that do well - the programming of events will be very interesting but hopefully this time next year we will be reflecting on a great Ibiza season.
I may be proved wrong but i hope i'm right :cool:

Some negative outlooks on this thread and i respect everyone's opinion.
Personally i think next year will be the best year for clubbing in decades. Young people are like coiled springs waiting to let off some serious steam.
Older clubbers may not be as desperate to get back raving and that may have an impact on the musical genres that do well - the programming of events will be very interesting but hopefully this time next year we will be reflecting on a great Ibiza season.
I may be proved wrong but i hope i'm right :cool:
Wish I had your optimism ?

If we can club next year won't be till at least start of summer at earliest I reckon

Really be interesting with what djs will play at events as they won't be able to fly as freely to different countries like before

Wish I had your optimism ?

If we can club next year won't be till at least start of summer at earliest I reckon

Really be interesting with what djs will play at events as they won't be able to fly as freely to different countries like before

Yes me too, wish I will have your optimism... but for the moment in France it's time for a new "Lockdown" announced this afternoon.... ? ?

he's being pretty honest there. as I'd mentioned elsewhere, most businesses that weren't allowed to open this summer will make it to next summer, but a second season without any business would kill them.

over the years we have based a lot of our holidays around some sort of party. be it festival then stayed at the destination to explore / chill the rest or around club nights then did the same

this year seen it where we spent our weeks in the sun with an earlier than usual lights out and actually came back feeling like we have had a holiday. instead of the usual dragging our sorry corpses to the airport and back work the next day feeling dug up

..still wouldn't trade all that for no clubbing ? im keeping everything crossed for doors to open although either way we will be making the trip

Last edited:
ps: might not be the 100% correct thread for this, but...

a friend of mine who works as a security guy confirmed my suspicions the other day. because lately I was thinking 'hmm I still see lots of private jets coming in for the time of the year'. turns out that again quite a decent amount of rich people have decided they'd rather spend a few weeks here than back in their origin country (UK, france, italy) under lockdown/half lockdown. don't get me wrong, there isn't much going on here neither, but at least the weather right now is amazing. and so my friend is working lots in villas...good on him.

that said, I'll take advantage of the good weather and go for my morning workout now (hike and swim), back later!

Back