smoking ban 2009?

samie_arthur

i heard that there are soem smokng bans now in ibiza, im going in july- how much of this truth? please tell me that we can smoke in our hotel rooms :eek:

i heard that there are soem smokng bans now in ibiza, im going in july- how much of this truth? please tell me that we can smoke in our hotel rooms :eek:

*laughs*

any smoking bans that came into effect were a couple of years ago - bank, gesa, aqualia staff now for example cant smoke behind the counter when they serve you ;)

i may be wrong but i cant think of a single bar on the island where you cant smoke - most restaurants you still can but they have smoking areas - it all depends on the size of the restaurant

i distinctly recall smoking at the ibiza rocks hotel when i stayed there one night last year - but i may just been an anarchist (or pissed) ;)

*laughs*

any smoking bans that came into effect were a couple of years ago - bank, gesa, aqualia staff now for example cant smoke behind the counter when they serve you ;)

i may be wrong but i cant think of a single bar on the island where you cant smoke - most restaurants you still can but they have smoking areas - it all depends on the size of the restaurant

i distinctly recall smoking at the ibiza rocks hotel when i stayed there one night last year - but i may just been an anarchist (or pissed) ;)

That'll probably be the next law being enforced :lol:

A lot of places in Europe including UK have a total ban now.

That'll probably be the next law being enforced :lol:

A lot of places in Europe including UK have a total ban now.

they may have but i dont see spain following anytime soon

i wouldnt want to be the one to ask the guardi not to smoke ;)

it will never come in to effect like it has here in the uk.spain gave hotels/ bars the option to either have smoking or non smoking.ok some have areas of non smoking and no smoking in hotels.apart from your room and outside.but other than that keep on puffing.uk just took it too far.

ah im so glad, in 2008 we went to Turkey and it was lovely to be able to smoke!
i know its not nice for people to who dont smoke to be forced to inhale our smoke, but surely they could have a few smoking rooms in hotels (as near me all the hotels within a 3 hour radius are none smoking apart from one or two) or one room in a pub where smoking is allowed, if they really want to segregate us to avoid bad health for people who dont smoke i do understand but why in the cold :( lol dont get me started on the UK taking it to far :)

If a bar or restaurant is greater in size than 100 sq metres then they must offer a non-smoking area which may not be less comfortable than the remainder of the establishment. If a bar or restaurant is less than 100 sq metres in area then it chooses to be either smoking or non-smoking. I don't know of any bar or restaurant that has chosen to be non-smoking. Hotels are generally smoking or have smoking and non-smoking rooms.

The smoking laws will drift into Spain at some point but I can't see them being implemented in the same draconian ways as they have been in the rest of Europe.

Currently in Ibiza you are considered to be a leper if you do NOT smoke; nobody will speak to you and small children will throw rocks at you as you walk along the street.

The Gallery and Daffers are the only one`s I know who enforce "no Smoking",most of the others laugh at it . A lot of places with no smoking areas have ashtrays and the staff sit there for their break, only putting their cig down for another mouthful of food, (a red building by the taxi`s in Santa Eu springs to mind) others the staff have a cig in their mouth behind the bar, On occasions in some very rare places , you may even see the bar staff making and smoking their own cig`s behind the bar :eek::lol:

Have a good one
Tim
Ps A pack of L&M , My replacement for Embassy No1 when I moved here is €2.50, Smoke on !!:)

Have a good one
Tim
Ps A pack of L&M , My replacement for Embassy No1 when I moved here is €2.50, Smoke on !!:)[/quote]

do you mean a pack of twenty? :)

do you mean a pack of twenty? :)

They are cheap as chips in Ibiza, just don't touch the Red Marlboros- gasp! :eek:[/quote]
im glad about that then coz i wanted to try and bring back 1000 as i spend £50 a month atleast on fags here so it will be good for me, also im going menorca first before ibiza so i can get some from thre :)

the customs guide line is
You are particularly likely to be asked questions if you have more than:
3200 cigarettes, 200 cigars, 400 cigarillos, 3kg tobacco, 110 litres of beer, 90 litres of wine, 10 litres of spirits, 20 litres of fortified wine (such as port or sherry).
Although I do know people that have been stopped with substantially more ( about 5000 cigs & 12 kg of tobac) And got through because it was all gift`s :rolleyes:;):lol:

Have a good one
Tim

yes €2.50 for a pack of 20 L&M €3.40 for Embassy NO1/ Regal, around €4,40 for a 50g pouch of Golden Virginia or Old throatburn or €2,40 for 50g amber leaf / cutters choice/ If you use a cig machine, It is about 15c more that the tobac a pack.

Back