smaller clubs

Kim Wrong Un

I just had a FB alert for some new Veto Social Club parties, but sounds like the techno there these days is way harder then when we went, which is a shame. Not heard of any of the DJs. Had a look on their facebook page and found this review. Is this not chep what's his face? the guy with the chair?

Jose Garcia reviewed Veto Social Club4 star
26 October 2016 ·
honestly i have been to ibiza 4 times and to this club only twice in two separate occasions to my ibiza trips.

I think it is a really cool club.

It has this sort of grungy style, like a place where one could find kurt cobain's nirvana band (if he was still alive) or any other sort of punk/goth band.

Anyways, the place is dark , the decorations are metallic and the chairs are made of metal. Which gives it this sort of rock and roll sort of feel. Outside there is this terrace (look a like, sort of space) and every time that I have been there, it has always been occupied by very friendly Spaniards that usually say hi and/or would be willing to chat or give you directions. It also has chairs and a table. Dim lighting and it feels like the entrance to a house actually.

The price of the drinks are not bad. The music is ok.
There is usually very pretty girls but it is hard to pick up because it is not really a place where lonely tourists go. This is the type of place where people schedule meet ups. Or Spaniard friends (in groups) usually meet and have drinks and laugh, etc etc.

Dont get me wrong. There is nothing wrong about this place. It is just a little cool club that could use a bit more clientele , especially before going to Pacha.

I think it is a good club for good music, greatly priced drinks and it is a great place to pre-drink before going to any other club.
Heart or Pacha especially, since they are so close.

ps.
I met a beautiful canadian girl here and this made me remember this club even more so.
It is not a super club but it is a nice club. So I would advice anyone to give it a try

yeah it looks like it's him.

on 'small intimate techno', nowadays I'd go to b12, club107 or petit pereyra. that said, veto have been refurbing their club room and will open that again soon I've read somewhere.

veto have been refurbing their club room and will open that again soon
28058585_1855974784415130_4800576519008280912_n.jpg

yeah it looks like it's him.

on 'small intimate techno', nowadays I'd go to b12, club107 or petit pereyra. that said, veto have been refurbing their club room and will open that again soon I've read somewhere.
What kind of techno is the sound scape at these clubs / bars? Any specific nights of the week to look out for?

given the choice I will always go to a smaller club but I don't necessarily want to hear banging techno, tech, psy or minimal, and that's a shame really because I really liked Veto and Underground as venues (and going back a few years places like Aura when that was going). I know there is a appetite for smaller housier clubs amongst my friends but Ibz doesn't really currently have enough options there.

given the choice I will always go to a smaller club but I don't necessarily want to hear banging techno, tech, psy or minimal, and that's a shame really because I really liked Veto and Underground as venues (and going back a few years places like Aura when that was going). I know there is a appetite for smaller housier clubs amongst my friends but Ibz doesn't really currently have enough options there.

almost all those venues also have housier nights on offer. it's not all just techno.

After the successful Sofar events last December we'll be joining forces once more to launch Sir Live, a regular live music event on Friday evenings.

Join us this Friday from 18h30 for the first set.

We'll be featuring some of Ibiza's best most forward thinking live music acts along with some international visitors.

The luxuriously cosy lounge of Sir Joan hotel will be our space to sit back and be immersed in the music.

Joining us for our opening event will be Dan Bentley.

29472131_10213966989061528_1805207799987175424_n.jpg

if i were in ibz this wednesday i will support a dj i follow that just announced he will retire from djing/producing :(
ibz residents struggle to dj in ibz because of average people focusing on big names than real skill...

Is Malanga café is in the west end as i got some friends that mix there along summer but never had chance to have a go because of my busy schedule ibz 17 but i will try to support him one night Ibz 18.& he wrote i was close to him, when i was at Hush.

28423947_1881549682138454_5529266321659347436_o.jpg

was just thinking, if not too much hassle for you guys, it would be useful to have a full list of small bars/clubs with late licenses, perhaps itemised geographically? (maybe as a sticky?) - I wasn't aware some of the ones mentioned here existed

I did that kind of listing during four summers...
https://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/alternatives-to-the-clubs-summer-2012.65170/

... plus god-knows-how-may winters...
https://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/bars-clubs-winter-2012-2013.66867/

... and it was way too much work to keep them updated, to find what was on and, off season, to actually know what months they were open!

Good idea for an article on the main site though, as many people still don't know cool wee venues like Malanga...

Back