Skinny dipping saga (a warning)

Boytros

Last year I got ripped off really badly. Just thought I'd warn anyone who might make the same mistake. I know that it was down to my own stupidity, but hey, I was away on one. I'll tell you the story to make it interesting ...

First day in ibiza. After a full day of heavy partying at Bora Bora then "We Love", myself and my girl decided to go for a midnight skinny-dip in the Med. So, excited by the prospect of ... erm, cooling off, we headed over to the beach, walked south for a bit, stashed our clothes under one of those piles of sun-loungers and proceeded into the water, all good ... until. Not minutes into our shennanigans I caught a glimpse of some dark sillhouettes moving quickly around on the beach. Fek! I got out of the water as fast as I could and ran after them but they were gone, well beyond catching (lucky for me, probably). After rushing back to my girl that I'd unthinkingly left alone in the sea, I discovered that all of our stuff was gone (exept my favourite hat), all of our clothes, her jewellery, a brand new camera, two pairs of pricey shades, 300 euros, and our hotel and safe keys. Fortunately, because the hotel key-ring was so massive I removed it from the keys before going out. Otherwise the thieves would know where we were staying and might have been able to get to our hotel and the rest of our money and valuables in the safe.

We went up to one of the big hotels. My girl hid amongst the plants outside as I entered the brightly lit hotel foyer, naked (hat over man-bits), out of breath, dripping wet, covered in sand, and with large party-eyes still super-imposed onto my face. Middle-aged, normal looking tourists stopped in their tracks agape, the guy at the desk clearly making calculations as I approached him. "No, I can't help you" he exclaimed with annoyance "this happens every night". I stared him in the eyes and made the request again, I wasn't going anywhere until I had a couple of beach towels and he started to realise it. We were getting more attention from the tourists. He didn't need a scene so I got the towels.

Walking up the main drag of Playa d'en Bossa at 1am with only a straw trilby and a towel, and a girl in a towel. My thoughts were pretty much absorbed by the question of how we were to get back to our hotel in San Antonio. I went up to a group of about a dozen pigs (the ones in the green uniforms) who were standing around smoking fags outside Space and told them we'd been robbed. The pig shrugged his shoulders. I asked if they could get us back to San Antonio as we had no money. They laughed, telling me they weren't a taxi service ... kntz! The bouncers at Space pretty much told me to f*** off. The nice folk at the bar we spent loads of money in earlier during our pass-out weren't nice folk when we weren't spending money in their bar, f*** off again. The taxis wouldn't stop either. Maybe it was a combination of my nudity and look of desperation (never a problem in Edinburgh). The only person to stop was some incompassionate cow in a BMW, after listening to our story she still wanted 40 euros.

Eventually we were able to take advantage of somebodies indecision and jumped into a taxi with an open door. The taxi driver wasn't happy and really unpleasant but took us to San An. The nice owner of our hotel paid for the taxi from his own pocket, the first bit of human kindness that we had experienced since the ill-fated moment.

When we woke up the next day we were faced with the decision to either be on a downer of to say "F*** it, we're in Ibiza, party on!". We went on to have the best holiday ever.

Just be carefull and if you do get stung don't let it put you down.

Buckley - please put a note in your Outlook calendar to resurrect this post every year until this site closes down..

CLASSIC!! :lol:

Mate.....Exactly the same thing happened to me with a German girl.

But mine was in South Beach, Miami.

We had to walk about 10 blocks at 7am with everyone on their way to work.

Later that day a tramp showed up at our hotel wearing my trousers trying to get a reward for finding this girl's passport.

Mate.....Exactly the same thing happened to me with a German girl.

But mine was in South Beach, Miami.

We had to walk about 10 blocks at 7am with everyone on their way to work.

Later that day a tramp showed up at our hotel wearing my trousers trying to get a reward for finding this girl's passport.
I already told you,I found those trouser's in the garbage and the passport was in a pocket :evil:

Same happened to me, well, I was with lots of naked boys, so not as good there. But we had like our wallets, camera's phones etc. robbed from us by the looky looky men. We went round accusing all and sundry and demanded to search them but they had already stashed / passed on the good elsewhere.

Lesson: Don't go skinny dipping, either with boys or girls.

Good post, I think a lot of folk let their guard down on holiday when they ought to be a bit wiser, always good to have a reminder that bad **** does indeed happen.

I don't actually recall you telling us this story last September, but it rings a bell?! That was a pretty messy night though when we kidnapped you at the bus stop i suppose.

Buckley - when you getting the Ducksafe TM patent sorted out?

PMSL - you numpty!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its like Are You Being Served Abroad ....... (might be a bit before your time actually!!)

I safely burried my valuebles in the sand before going for my swim, then when I came back someone had moved my stuff leaving me to miscalculate where I had burried it. It took me 30 mins of frantic digging to find it. Lucky for me I left a distinctive ass print in the sand, as thats how I found the spot again.
This theiving does seem to be quite an endemic story of Ibiza, Is it opertunistic fellow holiday makers or is it organised gangs that are working on the island.
Why hasn't anyone set up any sting operations to catch these people. I am also amazed that so much theft goes on from the hotel rooms. I think that I will not be taking anything nice, Ipods, digital camera, PC they can all stay at home. Just a credit card and a passport and a big mouse trap is going with me.

It is the looky looky men ( guys who hang on corners selling sunglasses ( coke, pills 'ash )), without doubt. I had something stolen off me or one of my group everytime I have been to Ibiza ( three times ).

I am also amazed that so much theft goes on from the hotel rooms. I think that I will not be taking anything nice, Ipods, digital camera, PC they can all stay at home. Just a credit card and a passport and a big mouse trap is going with me.

On some hotels we have staid the maid leaves the veranda door slightly open, making it very easy to get in. Does anyone else experience the same?
Does it have a purpose or is there any way of stopping them except not having your room made?

It is the looky looky men ( guys who hang on corners selling sunglasses ( coke, pills 'ash )), without doubt. I had something stolen off me or one of my group everytime I have been to Ibiza ( three times ).

And you're going to ibiza for a 4th round?

And you're going to ibiza for a 4th round?

New tactic: They can't steal anything off you if all you take is some boardies and flip flops, maybe a lai too...

Oooh, and a straw hat and some sunnies, cheap horrible ones though. Booookah. Polack 1. Looky looky men 0.

Back