Simon Cowell set to launch new TV talent show to 'find the world's greatest DJs'

images%5Cdog_doo.jpg

as crap as this obviously is there will be loads of kids with Serato / Traktor Scratch who spin top40, rnb/hiphop who will jump at this if it happens. Its the only type of djing that could be possibly judged in the timeframe or voted for by the general public

maybe paris hilton will be draughted in to be one of the judges!:lol:

it seriously would not surprise me one bit.
I can imagine her spiel "well ive been to every cool party worth going to and i knooowwww what a good dj needs to do"etc etc :twisted:

maybe paris hilton will be draughted in to be one of the judges!:lol:
*shudders!!!*
So having exploited any kid in the country who can just about carry a tune vocally(and a few who obviously can't:lol:), the devil himself is intent on exploiting any kid who can carry a tune in a bag or flightcase:confused: I swear if you shaved that dodgy do of his you'd find three 6's. He's determined to suck out everybody's souls through the medium of music:evil:

aaahahahaa... I just saw this article, and even before reading it all I clicked strait to here...

Didnt we all predict this???

Oh god.... David Guetta and the Swedes have lots to thank for this.... CHEERS LADS!!

:spank:

(As chewie said... I will probably be cringing... I mean watching... ;) )

*shudders!!!*
So having exploited any kid in the country who can just about carry a tune vocally(and a few who obviously can't:lol:), the devil himself is intent on exploiting any kid who can carry a tune in a bag or flightcase:confused: I swear if you shaved that dodgy do of his you'd find three 6's. He's determined to suck out everybody's souls through the medium of music:evil:

We all know it'll be ****, but will be watching...

I needed a laugh today this thread hit the spot. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I shouldn't worry too much .. they'll all be mixing dubstep/r & b, Guetta & the Swedes or kiddie-pop, surely ? ..

So people can cringe, point and laugh.. i.e. business as usual ? It's the inevitable "juniors' ego-fest" I'm really not looking forward to seeing - tho' listening to Simon Cowell trying to give advice on DJ skills and competence has got to be good for a laugh...

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't actually know what to say when I heard this today......
So if it is called "the Deck Factor" - then 4 judges will be required.

Simon Cowell (what he knows about dance music is beyond me) - The Guys category
Paris Hilton - The girls category (as she is obviously a world leader of dance music)...
David Guetta/Steve Angello (whoever gets paid the most!!!) - the groups.....
DJ Grandad (type it in on youtube!!) - over 26's....

I think a couple of professional djs should enter for a laugh just to see how well they do e.g. Villalobas and maybe Carl Craig

It also looks like Mr Cowell has ruined the hope of one of the globes most influential djs (no need to argue whether he is or not!!!), John Digweed who stated "Hopefully less people impersonating DJs" will be the future.

I dont think this will ever affect the big clubbing places of the world so many on here frequent such as Ibiza Berlin or the festivals in Eastern Europe etc. If these so called DJ's go and play in "oceanas" or similar mainstream places so what? There may be some great gems amongst em, and if they are good enough they will make their way up the mecca of clubbing but I really doubt Cowell or this comp would make any of them famous in the real music scene ala villalobas or pappa sven. I may watch with a bit of interest but it wont bother me what happens to them in the future **** it. Live and let live you never know there may be an Ibiza legend in the making.... :lol:

Kids wanting to popstars isn't anything new and the biggest commercial DJs are basically popstars.

Surprising it's taken this long when you think about. Tong presenting 'DJ Idol' on ITV soon?
F____ me! Buckley's Spotlight's answer to Mystic Meg!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back