Self Catering or All Inclusive...

xxVic-zeexx

Getting slightly hacked off that my holiday to Ibiza still isnt booked....in a nut sheel i have poor friends :lol: so am having to wait....

2 of the girls have said about going all inclusive to save money when out there....

But i jst dont think its worth it seeing i know i wont be eating and drinking at normal hours etc :lol:

what are peoples views on this ?! worth the extra money or not ?!

Thanks

Depends where your staying, to be honest.
Any GSP hostel (Piscis Park, et al), avoid their food as its disgusting. Even the management warned us off it when we stayed.

Some of the four star hotels, like THB Bahia and Blau Park are meant to be good for food.
What's your budget, roughly?

depends where your staying, to be honest.
Any gsp hostel (piscis park, et al), avoid their food as its disgusting. Even the management warned us off it when we stayed.

Some of the four star hotels, like thb bahia and blau park are meant to be good for food.
What's your budget, roughly?

£350

Is that per person incl flights? your better off going self catered, was a far more enjoyable experience doing that last year. Most basic non self catered hotels in Ibiza don't have a kettle or anything.

If you can afford it i'd always go self catering, there are loads of great restaurants all over Ibiza and you don't have the issue of having to eat at set times like most all inclusive places make you.

If you can afford it i'd always go self catering, there are loads of great restaurants all over Ibiza and you don't have the issue of having to eat at set times like most all inclusive places make you.

Yeah thats generally my point aswell, i can see it from both sides, but its Ibiza, not the caribean lol

£350 you will get a/i for that anyway.which resort you looking at.you can always upgrade when you get there.but thing is all the party have to do.not just say one or two of you.

2 of the girls have said about going all inclusive to save money when out there....

meaning your stuck in hotel all day and night to get your moneys worth

buy as you go.lots of cheap supermarkets.i mean you could say make your own breaky.

Getting slightly hacked off that my holiday to Ibiza still isnt booked....in a nut sheel i have poor friends :lol: so am having to wait....

But i jst dont think its worth it seeing i know i wont be eating and drinking at normal hours etc :lol:

what are peoples views on this ?! worth the extra money or not ?!

Thanks

Depends if you can drink a lot ...

Me and Mr PL did AI one year and it was a total waste for us - we dont drink enough alcohol or eat enough food to make it cost effective for us....

My sis and her husband go everywhere AI and they probably bancrupt the place after their 2 weeks stay cos they can drink and eat for britain...:lol::lol:

Everyday the prices keep going up, so frustrating coz i was ready to book months ago :(

Ok so what sort of price should i realistically be looking at...

6 girls - 2 rooms pref, must have air con
self catering in san ann (not the bay) and not a grot hole :lol:

I stayed AI in Port Des Torrent (pups you know here near Beverleys and the other random place :eek::lol: ) and it was great for me and my friend as we didnt want to do much during the day except sunbathe so we had everything we wanted. And it was free drink until midnight which helped a lot!

Next time we stayed half board in San An Bay which was nice, again we werent up for doing much. But I think if I went back would do self catering, be nice to try some nice restaurants.

Have a look at tramuntana apartments on Travel republic, it's where we are staying.
Two bedrooms, self catered. Incl flights for the four of us it's £350pp for two weeks.

It's listed under San An Bay, however

Depends if you can drink a lot ...

Me and Mr PL did AI one year and it was a total waste for us - we dont drink enough alcohol or eat enough food to make it cost effective for us....

My sis and her husband go everywhere AI and they probably bancrupt the place after their 2 weeks stay cos they can drink and eat for britain...:lol::lol:

Well this is the thing, went Malia last year all inclusive but the drinks were restricted to beer, white wine and a few nasty greek spirits...i am happy to drink anything esp when its free :lol: but the girls arent so keen....the food in these sorts of places isnt great but its food and its normally plentifull and im not fussy anyway....

I havent been Ibiza before but i just dont see how, for all us young girls, that al is worth it :rolleyes:

Id only do it for the free alcohol :lol: coz id definately drink my fair share but the girls arent masive drinkers like i am

Well this is the thing, went Malia last year all inclusive but the drinks were restricted to beer, white wine and a few nasty greek spirits...i am happy to drink anything esp when its free :lol: but the girls arent so keen....the food in these sorts of places isnt great but its food and its normally plentifull and im not fussy anyway....

I havent been Ibiza before but i just dont see how, for all us young girls, that al is worth it :rolleyes:

Id only do it for the free alcohol :lol: coz id definately drink my fair share but the girls arent masive drinkers like i am

Go self catering then but drink in your room or something.

Malia is def not the best place to do AI :lol:

Have a look at tramuntana apartments on Travel republic, it's where we are staying.
Two bedrooms, self catered. Incl flights for the four of us it's £350pp for two weeks.

It's listed under San An Bay, however

Thats good for 2 weeks but like chuff would i...

a) last that long and
b) be able to afford to stay out there for that duration

Travel republic is my general searching place atm....did wana stay in central park apartments but that has since come off the selection :rolleyes:

I would go all inc whatever even if you still have to eat out cos ya hotel is skanky and mostly drink out you'll still save a fortune on drinks, just get a hotel on the beach preferably as they sometimes wont let u keep bottle tops in the cheaper ones. If u plan on eating in the fiesta hotels in PDB have very nice food and personally Iwouldn't stay anywhere else

Go self catering then but drink in your room or something.

Malia is def not the best place to do AI :lol:

I was shocked to hear malia even had an AL lol....me and the gf however revelled in it as we do like our food and we loved the all afternoon ice cream part aswell :lol:

I would go all inc whatever even if you still have to eat out cos ya hotel is skanky and mostly drink out you'll still save a fortune on drinks, just get a hotel on the beach preferably as they sometimes wont let u keep bottle tops in the cheaper ones. If u plan on eating in the fiesta hotels in PDB have very nice food and personally Iwouldn't stay anywhere else

I have to agree on the drink front!

Saved us loads as we were pretty much half cut by the time we got anywhere decent.

I was shocked to hear malia even had an AL lol....me and the gf however revelled in it as we do like our food and we loved the all afternoon ice cream part aswell :lol:

I had one of the best holidays ever in Malia - more the people then the tackiness of it obviously, great memories though!

Have you thought about staying in the bay then walking in? Its really not far.

My georgraphy of the island isnt that great but i did keep reading on TA about people gettin boats over from san ann bay :confused: so was a bit put off...

haha i say this and jesus you should of seen the distance we had to walk in malia, that was loooooooooooooooooooong lol...then at the end of the hol we decided to get quads, that was a bad idea :rolleyes:

Back