SASHA - Roof Top Ushuaia

framch30

Does anyone know if the roof top parties at Ushuaia towers are a lot less capacity than the pool side parties? All Sasha gigs have been moved to the roof for the rest of the season, will be gutted to miss out on this due to bull**** door / selection policy :(

What is the score with this?

The rooftop looks small and cannot see how something like this can be commercialy viable. How do you get in, is it a strict door policy and you just turn up?

Doesn't sound very 'house' to me.

originally, when sasha's party happened down around the pool, it was the one event at the tower without dress code - this had been confirmed by the promoter. but since there were issues with the pool side venue, it was decided to do all the events up on the rooftop. and this also means that you have to look a bit decent, simply because there is only room for a certain amount of people up there.

in the end you could say the poolside venue at the tower didn't really take off yet this year and everyone wanted to be on the rooftop anyway. the views from up there are something else.

The rooftop looks small and cannot see how something like this can be commercialy viable

I think the 150 rooms below paying €500+ a night, and people paying €15 for a drink make it Commercially viable. Its all a bit like the way that people who fly economy on an aircraft have inverted snobbery to those in Business Class when everyone knows that its the passengers in Business that are paying the fuel bill or everyone would be paying triple the price. Rant Over!

in the end you could say the poolside venue at the tower didn't really take off yet this year

This is interesting. I went to some of the Be Crazy and DFTD parties in June, but not made it back to the Tower since then. When you say not taken off, you mean the numbers are pretty low for the parties? My view is that Ushuaia probably got this one a little wrong in terms of the outside design. While I appreciate they converted an old hotel, the layout means that you have about 4-5 different sections of people and thus 4-5 parties and not a cohesive party (if that makes sense). Could anyone ever say that that place has ever "kicked off"?

on sunday, anybody who wanted to get in, got in. there were people in shorts, flip flops, vests. main issue is that as it's smaller, it gets full quickly, so the later you come, the more picky they may be.

tell you one thing i better get bloody in as i've never missed him in Ibiza! i'd die if i don't get in. i am getting a bit sick of all this vip/glam/beautiful people ****e in ibiza its taking over the whole island and us ordinary punters are losing out. sasha cant be arsed with it either, i actually dont even want to visit ushuaia but as he is on there i have no other option.

Do they have an ugly old man standing in the door saying 'no monsters. See your face it offends my mirror. Bleuuyrggh.'

my mate is flying over on saturday for this by himself... think he thinks it's gonna be fine with shorts and a t-shirt... should i tell him to bring some chinos and a cravat instead!??!??

We went Sunday and it was very busy and I had a top night. I wore a pair of Red chinos as I didn't want to get turned away, there were people wearing shorts tho!! Got in just after 9 with Sneak on at 10 and Sasha 12 till 2. Spoke to Sasha and he said it hadn't been the ideal start and they moved the party to the roof as the venue were being hard work, wouldnt move any of the loungers or change the lighting. He said its getting better with every week and he looked as tho he was loving it. Got quite windy up there towards the end but its a great space up there with amazing views! Drinks are expensive but that was expected.

As long as you dress normal and not trashy ( which i dont see the point of doing ) you will be fine. But as said above be there a bit "early" :)

BQmRnozCIAAGVEx.jpg

Back