Saga or Solomun?

Thomas Cliche

Hi everybody, we'll be in Ibiza at the end of July next summer and we plan to be clubbing every nights...

As far as I'm concern, every night of the week as an obvious choice, except Sunday where I'm confuse between Saga and Solomun...

We've been to Pacha before, but never to Heart, so realy don't know what to think about that club. Too VIP? Too small? Too old crowd? Too snoby? Too "Cirque du Soleil" animations? We realy don't like "Cirque du Soleil" animations when we club...

I like Solomun's music better than Bedoin's music and Pacha always been a sure shot for us (except last year with an empty Cocoon night...), so I feel that it might be risky to spend my Sunday night at Heart (we're in Ibiza only for 5 nights). Meanwhile, we like to explore new clubs and we heard Saga is a realy succesfull party, so ????

Please give us your best advices.

Best regard,

P.S. We dont mind jam pack parties

If you want to experience Heart, then Saga is a good bet as a "clubber". The VIP is obviously a big part of the concept there. No escaping that and no point trying to claim it isnt noticeable, as it is. The dance floor is small.
If you're out 5 nights out of 5 and want to try something different, why not?
With Solomun you know what you will get.

Heart will be cheaper and there'll be guestlist options, but Solomun + 1 is staple of Ibiza Sundays so if you haven't been, you should as Pacha just comes alive on that night. I only went once to Heart for Be Crazy and the crowd was fine. They have a nice terrace that overlooks Dalt Villa which was a nice touch.

I've done Solomun +1 so many times so for me, it would come down to which guests Bedouin will have.

Question to Heart : I was often there ( late , when it is a club ) , but only downstairs. Is it possible to go to the terrace without VIP
at the night ? It hard to get a seat if your legs are tired. Where can you relax without VIP in this club ?

I have to agree with @Nobbie Q - Saga at Heart does look like a great option, but personally, I would struggle to be in Ibiza on any given Sunday and not head over to Pacha for Solomun+1.

IMO it is an institution on Sunday's in Ibiza and has been for a few years now - one of the best parties remaining on the island. It will be busy but the music, atmosphere and crowd are normally great. You're seeing Pacha at it's absolute finest for that party!

We're also off to Solomun+1 for the first time @ Pacha this summer - we don't tend to mind extremely busy clubs, Resistance at Privilege was fine and Paradise at DC10 we didn't find as bad as this forum suggested last July....

However, Music On we found really packed and pushy Italians made the front terrace pretty unbearable....

Would you place Solomun +1 in the unbearable category for a Sunday in July? I would guess the popularity of the +1 would make a difference? Or maybe with the addition of Dixon & Music On, this could ease the crowd a little?

Question to Heart : I was often there ( late , when it is a club ) , but only downstairs. Is it possible to go to the terrace without VIP
at the night ? It hard to get a seat if your legs are tired. Where can you relax without VIP in this club ?
Last time I was we went on the terrace, no need vip... But they closed it at 3am... :rolleyes:
Anyway, Heart sucks.

Last time I was we went on the terrace, no need vip... But they closed it at 3am... :rolleyes:
Anyway, Heart sucks.

Ok , it has some disadvantages ( VIP VIP VIP VIP ). But I love the sound of Bedouin. And some of the other Dj s are my kind of thing.I remember
Toby Neumann , it was a nice party. The crowd is a little different to PdB or san An , very relaxed and a little bit older.You can have a good party there. For me its this , what El Divino was in earlier days.

I actually quite like heart as a venue myself. the rooftop terrace is a great place to have a drink and see friends. the soundsystem in the club is pretty good. the problem is that on the very busy nights - saga especially - it gets a bit uncomfy because of how crowded it is, not just on the dancefloors but everywhere in the club.

Would you place Solomun +1 in the unbearable category for a Sunday in July? I would guess the popularity of the +1 would make a difference? Or maybe with the addition of Dixon & Music On, this could ease the crowd a little?

It's funny you mention Dixon because I've only experienced +1 and Pacha in general be unbearably busy late last July when he was a guest. I've seen Solomun + Dixon at Pacha from 2016 -2018 and I've never saw it so rammed as it was last year. The new renovations did aid ppl to dance in the old global room area though.

Will be interesting to see if the addition of Dixon on Fridays will still make Sundays busy.

Will be interesting to see if the addition of Dixon on Fridays will still make Sundays busy.

100% yes

the question needs to be asked the other way around - will dixon pack it out being in the sandwich between marco and solomun

So I finally tried Heart out yesterday for Saga. We'd normally do Solomun but we'd recently seen &Me play in London and loved it so much I felt I had to see him in Ibiza too.
We were all hugely impressed with Heart. Not as visually impressive as other ibiza clubs, but great atmosphere. It was perfectly busy all night and the soundsystem was crystal clear.

Trikk warmed up nicely to &Me with usual melodic tunes and then even though &Me went a little too tribal/drummy in sections, his last hour blew me away with mainly keinemusik productions or remixes:
Cubicolor no dancers,
1995 &me
Starting again &me
What to do guy gerber..

I’ve been to Saga a few times and after last night I can say Heart and Saga in particular is fast becoming one of my favourite events in Ibiza. Musically it was so spot on from the offset and I love to be in a club where people are there to dance. Great atmosphere as usual!

I’ve been to Saga a few times and after last night I can say Heart and Saga in particular is fast becoming one of my favourite events in Ibiza. Musically it was so spot on from the offset and I love to be in a club where people are there to dance. Great atmosphere as usual!

Maktub ist also great. Lot of people dont like Heart , can not understand this. FGP ist thinking like me in this case.

Back