Sa Talaia, someone enlighten me ?

Luke C

For the first time ever, i went up to sa talia on friday expecting to find this wonderful view to take some pictures. When i got to the top (or what i thought was the top) i was surrounded by trees so could really see anything. I stopped at the place where there were two masts and a building surrounded by fencing, after this point the road seemed to descend so I didnt go any further.

Did i miss something or not go far enough as the whole experience was a bit of a disappointment, ??

you should have kept going - the fire watcher's hut is at the end for good reason. they can see everything from there

100_2617.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well when im back there in four weeks i will do it properly this time!!

Atleast my other "things i havnt done in ibiza" seemed to go okay like getting a tattoo, finding the towe over es vedra and visiting es cuebells althoigh the latter was also a bit of a disappointment too, never realised it was a dead end!!!

That looks interesting - i think we'll give it a try in a few weeks - can anyone help with the route - and the one so we can es vedra if poss?

Many thanks

Getting there is quite easy really, take the road from san antonio to the airport (up towards the mountains, no via ibiza town), when you get nearly to the top of the hill approaching san josep, there is a right turn which states Sa Talia amongst other beach resorts (Es Vedra is one of them). Follow this road for around half a mile and you will see a sign post for Sa Talia on the left hand side up a dirt track which can be quite precarious. About a mile up this dirt track you will find the viewing point (I didnt go far enough!!)

For Es Vedra, instead of turning off up to Sa Talia, keep on the road and just follow the signs for Cala D'Hort, you can see Es Vedra from the beach there or climb up the hill to a better vantage point and the tower that overlooks it.

Well..finally made it this time when i was there last week, views were amazing!!!

Why on earth do they have some guy sitting in that wooden shed though?, a guard against some terrorist attack on the transmitters??? cant believe they would have someone up there all the time to watch for fires, all he seemed to be doing was reading the paper

would make a great place for a cafe up there:)

well thats hes job to watch out for fires.easy job really when there;s no fire.but someone has to do it.

He's actually gaurding the entrance to Ibiza's mythical secret club........

:!::!:

The one that only the very few and select people know about...........

i think i was sitting there last year where stephen´s dog stands ?!
but there was no fire hut ?! is that hut gone or did i sit somewhere else ???

most amazing thing: out of nowhere their suddenly appeared an ultrahot girl in hotpants.
she said she WALKS quite often to that hill - but not the normal route where the cars go but some hidden small path !

ps: can someone repair the forum please ? always double postings and shit going on

she said she WALKS quite often to that hill - but not the normal route where the cars go but some hidden small path !

ps: can someone repair the forum please ? always double postings and shit going on

that small path is not hidden at all. you simply take it from san josé and it takes you only about 15mins to the top.

yeah we're aware about the double posting issues, let's see if we can fix that soon.

Back