rollerblading around Playa d'embossa

I

ibitza

Hi,

Finally going to Playa d'em bossa. I would like to go rollerblading some day (when the hangover is not too bad).

I wonder wether they rent good rollerblades there (I hope so).

None of my friends rollerblades, I will have to alone. If anyone know of a nice path (smooth surface), long (some km) and without too many walkers I will be glad to know

thanks

ibitza said:
Hi,

Finally going to Playa d'em bossa. I would like to go rollerblading some day (when the hangover is not too bad).

I wonder wether they rent good rollerblades there (I hope so).

None of my friends rollerblades, I will have to alone. If anyone know of a nice path (smooth surface), long (some km) and without too many walkers I will be glad to know

thanks

I took my skateboard with me the last time I went to Ibiza and will definitely be taking it with me again this year. I also rollerblade but prefer to skate.

I mostly skated in San An - usually along the prom between San An and the Bay - It's perfect - nice and smooth all the way round - did find it a bit hot though so mostly went out in the evening when it was cooler and before it got too busy.

I only took it to Playa DB once but I did find that the pavements were a lot smoother than the dodgy ones in San An. Didn't find any long stretches that matched San An - but wasn't really there for long.

Don't know anywhere you can rent blades from - I would be up for that too if I could find them for hire - I'm gonna have to investigate this - if I have any success, I will keep you posted... Give me a shout if your hear anything.

Sorry I can't be more of a help - Couldn't you take your own rollerblades with you??? I suppose they would take up a lot of space in your case though - my skateboard is ok as I just dismantle it B4 leaving then reassemble it when I'm there...

So when u going to Ibiza anyway - it would be good to meet up and go out rollerblading as I see none of your mates will be doing it - the same goes for me...

Mark

rollerblading on the roads is actually ilegal in ibiza.

because of this there is nowhere to rent rollerblades, either good or bad (afaik)

some people still do it - but be careful, as people drive like idiots in summer ;-)

james said:
rollerblading on the roads is actually ilegal in ibiza.

because of this there is nowhere to rent rollerblades, either good or bad (afaik)

some people still do it - but be careful, as people drive like idiots in summer ;-)

Well, I guess rollerblading on the roads its illegal in the rest of spain as well, that's not usually a problem. In some places you have lanes for bikes (and rollerblades), or just wide walking places along the beach or whatever where you can rollerblade. Otherwise you always can choose a lonely road at night.

But no places to hire blades???? Shit, I took this for granted, I just cant believe it....very sad.

markEg said:
I took my skateboard with me the last time I went to Ibiza and will definitely be taking it with me again this year. I also rollerblade but prefer to skate.

I mostly skated in San An - usually along the prom between San An and the Bay - It's perfect - nice and smooth all the way round - did find it a bit hot though so mostly went out in the evening when it was cooler and before it got too busy.

I only took it to Playa DB once but I did find that the pavements were a lot smoother than the dodgy ones in San An. Didn't find any long stretches that matched San An - but wasn't really there for long.

Don't know anywhere you can rent blades from - I would be up for that too if I could find them for hire - I'm gonna have to investigate this - if I have any success, I will keep you posted... Give me a shout if your hear anything.

Sorry I can't be more of a help - Couldn't you take your own rollerblades with you??? I suppose they would take up a lot of space in your case though - my skateboard is ok as I just dismantle it B4 leaving then reassemble it when I'm there...

So when u going to Ibiza anyway - it would be good to meet up and go out rollerblading as I see none of your mates will be doing it - the same goes for me...

Mark

Hi markEg,

Thanks for the info!! If what you and james say about not being posible to rent blades then I can forget about it. No way I am taking mines all the way...to much weight and space.
I will try to find out about renting them, sure, I will drop you a line if I get lucky...

I am going there on July, 13-20, and you? would be glad to rollerblade with someone.

cheers,

Thats a pity - I'm not going out till September - would have been nice to have some company - thats a bit of a bummer about there being no places to rent.

I wonder if I've been breaking the law too, skateboarding on the prom!

James, do the same laws apply as they do on the roads??

And Ibitza, if you do find some blades when you are there, take care :)

And watch you don't get arrested!!!

Mark

Back