Review - July 23rd - July 30th

K

KildareGuy

What a week!!!! What an island!!!! I'm back two days and I am so depressed, I'm going to try and give some sort of review to jog memory, hopefully it will make sense.

Wednesday 23rd

Arrived late in the afternoon. We stayed in the Marina Playa appartments in San Antonio Bay. They are really beautiful appartments with a fantastic of the bay from the rooms in the front. The location was perfect, about a mile from the west end with a beautiful walk along the bay to get there. We got used to the "Del Boys". The only downside was there was no air conditioning in the rooms. After getting showered and unpacked we decided that we would spend our first night in ibiza in the west end. On the way to the west end we stopped off in the bay bar and then in Bar M. Bar M was much smaller than I would have thought but it was a lovely little bar and was pretty packed as the pre party for Lisa Lashes was on. The lashed girls doing rep for lisa lashes were amazing looking. Despite me trying to convince others to head to eden for lisa lashes we ended up in the west end. The west end was again much smaller than I thought and we ended up in the club right on the corner i think it was called Ground Zero. It was ok and had a free strip show so it was a good night to start.

Thurs 24th/Fri 25th

As with most days, today was spent lazing around the pool, sometimes venturing down to the beach. It was decided that we would go to Cream in Amnesia tonight. We again went to Bar M for a few drinks before heading out to Amnesia. We got to Amnesia with about a half left in Tiesto's set. Tall Paul was on after him and he was amazing, he totally rocked the place, definitely one of the highlights of the holidays. You have to experience the dry ice machine to believe it. I didn't spend much time in the funky room but it seemed well laid out and I loved the kind of hippie community set up along the side. I got a henna tatto of the cream symbol on my arm which unfortunately didn't dry properly and ended up getting smudged. At one stage I was dancing and there was four people in front with marks on their t-shirt from my tatoo so if you woke up in the morning with something on your shirt, it was probably me, sorry!!!! Got an amazing "Angel Fingers" massage from a gorgeous girl called tanya. Went back into the main room for the rest of the night for Tall Paul, he was superb, I think we were nearly the last people to leave!!! When we got back to the hotel, sleep was not on the agenda and we stayed up chatting and drinking well into the afternoon. Late in the evening we decided to head to Cafe Mambo for Pete Tong. It is an amzing beach, we some beautiful people on it. Somehow out of all the beautiful people, MTV who were filming there decided to interview us three bleary eyed irish people!!! Unfortunately I don't think we made much sense so I doubt it will ever be shown but you never know. The girl from MTV asked me to sum up Ibiza in 3 words and the best I could come up with was "Very Good Fun"!!!! I knew then that it was time to go back to the hotel to catch up on some sleep. After a quick 5 hours sleep we up again at 1am to head to Bar M and then onto Eden for Dave Pearce. This was another superb night as literally we in Europhia. Dave Pearce was much better than I thought he would and I have never seen so many happy smily faces as I did towards the end of the night.

Sat 26th

This was the day that the partying caught up with us. We went along the bay early in the evening for a few drinks and something to eat in Itacha, where we were served by the best looking waitress ever - she was 6ft, very tanned, and beautiful long legs, but when we went back to the hotel to get changed for the night out everybody just crashed out.

Sun 27th

Fully refreshed from a good night's sleep we headed to Eden for Judgement Sunday. We caught the end of Judge Jules before Scott Project came on and rocked the place. Des Mitchell played the last hour and he finished his set, playing to about 200 people, with some classics like Insomnia, Born Slippy and Prodigy's Outer Space.

Mon 28th

As with most of the days, the day was spent around the pool preparing ourselves for night out. Of course it was monday so we had to head to Manumission. The place simply takes your breath away, it is impossible to explain what it is like to somebody that hasn't been there. We got a great position on the walk way right in front of the dj box. We were all delighted to see Tall Paul come on the decks although he played a completely different set to the one that he had played in amnesia. I got an "Angel Fingers" massage again from the same girl and it was even better the first!!!The chill out room in the bowl was cool too. The music played was pretty laid back but when a good tune came on in the main room it was superb. From Manumission we went to Space. While waiting to go to space we had a drink across the road and we bumped into Mike, the guy that runs manumission. He was very friendly and stopped for a chat and for us to get our picutre taken with him. Space was definitely my favourite club. Inside the place was rocking from the minute that we went in. The terrace took a while to get going but I remember walking out when a remix of chemical brothers' hey boy hey was being played and seeing the most gorgeous girls in the world giving it loads. Does anybody know who the dj's were in the main room in manumission (besides tall paul) or in space after it? I bumped into my angel fingers girl in space after she had finished work but unfortunately speaking was beyond me at this stage and the chance to impress her was gone. The crowd inside space was great, much different to one that had been in eden or eve amnesia. The area that space is in is also much different, San Antonio is almost a part of England, but this area was totally spanish. I thought the lights inside Space were great but little did i know that they would be even better later that night. We left space at about half 12 to go home and get ready for our last night out.

Tues 29th

Unfortunately I wasn't able to sleep after we got back from space so it seemed a long day. In the evening we went back to Space to see Carl Cox. We arrived just in time to hear the crowd sing happy birthday to him on the terrace. When he moved inside he was brilliant. I think it was the highlight of the holiday. The lights inside looked even better when the place was packed, especially the "floodlights" behind the dj and the green lasers but when they covered the crowd with a sheet and the sparks fell from roof the place went mental. It was a great way to finish the holiday but sitting on the balcony of the hotel at half 6 in the moring watching the sun come up and half the island in darkness very nearly brought a tear to my eye!!!

I was a little worried before I came over that I was looking forward to it so much that it couldn't live up to it but it was even better than I thought it could be. The only bad thing I could say about the island was I hated showering in salt water. I didn't think the west end was as bad as it was made out although I didn't enjoy it as much as the clubs. I didn't see even a hint of violence in the time that we were there.

I still have loads of tunes spinning sround in my head. The one I remember was played in the funky room in Amesnia on thursdy and then in manumission on monday. It says something like "I got so much love to give you" and it is a really happy tune, the lights come on really bright when it is played and you can't help but smile when you hear it. If anybody knows it, I'd love to know where I could get it. I was surpised at how often I heard Beachball. Tall Paul played it in Amnesia and then in manumission, it was played in space the morning after manumission and then it was sampled by carl cox that evening.

The depression of being home is already setting in, it was great that whatever humour you woke up you could just look out over the beach and see beautiful women half naked and the sun shining!!!! I think I would go for two weeks next year if I was going because I didn't sleep or eat much because we trying to cram everything into one week. It's horrible being home but I know during the worst rainy december morning I will be able to thing of space on a tuesday morning and that will make me smile. :D

p.s it would be great to hear from anybody who was at those clubs on the same night

Whoops sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong place and it seemd very long

KildareGuy said:
I still have loads of tunes spinning sround in my head. The one I remember was played in the funky room in Amesnia on thursdy and then in manumission on monday. It says something like "I got so much love to give you" and it is a really happy tune, the lights come on really bright when it is played and you can't help but smile when you hear it. If anybody knows it, I'd love to know where I could get it.

Glad you had a good time, only a month until I'm there.

On the tunage front, the tune you're mentioning isn't last years overplayed classic by Together (DJ Falcon/Thomas Bangalter) - 'So Much Love To Give' on Roule records is it?

Just read your review, really freaky we did all the things you did apart from on the Tuesday, were you wearing a white shirt in Manumison, I think I can remember seeing you, I had a blue baseball shirt on

Robertma,

I was wearing a blue t-shirt with a collar the night that I went to manumission, but there was a group of us, about 7 lads and 3 girls, one of the lads could have been wearing a white shirt.

It would be great to hear some sort of a review of your time on the island.

We are planning next year's holiday already, it looks like it will be 2 weeks on the other side of the island, near space and bora bora

KildareGuy said:
The lashed girls doing rep for lisa lashes were amazing looking. Despite me trying to convince others to head to eden for lisa lashes we ended up in the west end

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Img_0673.jpg

Back