Retro's 19th Birthday at Tall Trees, this Saturday 08/11/08

Retro

You wouldn't normally make a huge song and dance about your 19th birthday, but when you're the UK's longest running dance brand then it is undoubtedly a unique situation. And that is how long the Northern based classic dance outfit RETRO has been celebrating - since the very early days of house music.

It all began as a last hour slot on a Friday in one of England iconic venues Angels in Burnley in Lancashire, but never stopped and has grown to 11 residencies in hand picked, carefully nurtured venues across the UK every month. Add residencies in Pacha Ibiza and Mallorca every summer over the last ten years and that's the icing on the big 19th birthday cake that travels to all the venues in November.

Without doubt the biggest celebration takes place in one of the
UK's largest Club Tall Trees based in the North East in the middle of nowhere "5000 retro heads going mental on Saturday 8th November 2008 is what it's all about" says head honcho Paul Taylor who came up with the whole musical nostalgia brain wave back in 1989.

"House music I believe started long before 1987 my take on it was when disco started in the early 80's, sure it became commercialized four to the floor dance music is the simplest of dance moves you can adapt to that's the main reason people of all nations love to dance, but I saw a niche in the market for playing an underground form of house spinning for five years back in 1989 and the rest as they say is history- infact a history of house music."

Retro baffles editors of magazines who cannot explain the rise and rise of a notion that came out of relatively small
Lancashire club, because we look back in time the magazines find it very difficult to write positively about our success but surely they can't ignore our contribution. I have seen many a club brand come and go but there is only one Retro- a testament to our success.

Back to the main party of the month, Retro at Tall Trees our birthday is now a clubbing institution drawing clubbers in love with the history from all corners of the
UK, a sell out every year. On the 8th November everyone who comes knows how good the feeling is, we are one big family celebrating all that is good about house music in all it's genres. This party is not one to be missed as it is our last birthday party at this venue. Emotional; it will be but spectacular at the same time, we have invited the legend Ce Ce Rogers to perform for us for the first time, live PA and keyboard the massive tracks Join Hands, SomeDay and Promised Land together with a spectacular special effects and pyrotechnics show I'm sure it's will be the biggest birthday bash you have been to this year.

Secure yourself a valuable place on that dancefloor purchasing a ticket either online via www.skiddle.com/tickets or you can call 01642 784 743. Be Quick.

webban-fusion-29.11.gif

images
images

Back