Restaurant reviews 2020/2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, fond memories of sitting at the bar there (on a swing maybe?) and being completely ignored for 20 minutes before sacking it off and going to Tulp for a drink instead. Hope it’s better now!

interesting. the place was full when we went and the service was actually pretty ok

for anyone still coming to the island this summer.

if you wanna dine in a certain place, this year more than ever, book your table WELL in advance. lots of well-known places are literally fully booked until start or mid september right now.

the fact there not being any real nightlife results in people being much more active daytime and hitting restaurants for both lunch and dinner.

never experienced it that extreme before!

if you wanna dine in a certain place, this year more than ever, book your table WELL in advance. lots of well-known places are literally fully booked until start or mid september right now.
Balafia being a point in question, I'm reliably informed

Bearing in mind what we've been discussing about availability, here's a tip for, I think, a guaranteed walk-in:

COTO in San Rafael (formerly Al Ayoun and more recently La Belle). It's Vietnamese and Japanese food

They have only been open a fortnight and done zero promotion. We went on Friday night at 21:00 and there was perhaps three other tables. Outside can sit 160 people, so it's a big space

Looks really great too. Tiki bar style with bamboo, big buddha in the centre and an original mural inside. They also plan to add a waterfall in time for next year

The food was good and reasonably priced, lovely soundtrack and drop-dead-gorgeous staff

tiki taco - new tacos joint in town

perfect for a quick & cheap pitstop on an evening stroll (or shopping tour) through ibiza town. tacos for as little as 1€ each, quesadillas from 3€, beer is also cheap, so it's a great alternative to any tapas bar if you don't want a big meal, but just a quick bite and don't wanna end up spending lots of money

tiki taco - new tacos joint in town

perfect for a quick & cheap pitstop on an evening stroll (or shopping tour) through ibiza town. tacos for as little as 1€ each, quesadillas from 3€, beer is also cheap, so it's a great alternative to any tapas bar if you don't want a big meal, but just a quick bite and don't wanna end up spending lots of money
Sounds perfect after a middling to heavy night out. /bitd/mymileagenolongervarird

Here's a (re)shout for Pennsylvania Burger in San An. €6.50 for a whopping cheese burger. Tremendous value for money compared to Burger King the equivalent of which would be double the price!! I don't think it's the tastiest, but the portion size more than makes up for it

Here's a (re)shout for Pennsylvania Burger in San An. €6.50 for a whopping cheese burger. Tremendous value for money compared to Burger King the equivalent of which would be double the price!! I don't think it's the tastiest, but the portion size more than makes up for it
Always been best burger round there

an institution!

considering my love of burgers - I still haven’t been to Pennsylvania 🤦🏻‍♀️

Did have a Tokio burger the other day though. Not ideal mid-shift as I felt like I needed a nap afterwards 😂 but definitely tasty and very filling (if a bit pricey)

4978AD8D-33AF-40CD-8867-2F5C31BA2D8D.jpeg

Not a restaurant, but “Overall” in Santa Gertrudis is astounding. The most incredible Cocktails I’ve had in a long time. Tapas amazing too.
Ahh yes, the place with the crazy professor cocktails! I really want to go there. Which ones did you try?

Went to Ses Boques yesterday - first time there. Started with the goats cheese salad which was lovely and refreshing, and the Paella was SO delicious. Ended on the chocolate cake which I wasn't too keen on, but others raved about it.

They plonked a bottle of Heirbas and a bottle of Limoncello on the table after we'd finished eating - we definitely got a good way through that!

Tried their Cafe Caleta as well - disappointed that it wasn't made/served at the table and my GOD was it strong. But delicious all the same.

Definitely a nice little treat

for anyone still coming to the island this summer.

if you wanna dine in a certain place, this year more than ever, book your table WELL in advance.

never experienced it that extreme before!
this is true for beach clubs as well, and I called lots. My tip: Beach House (pdb) and el chiringuito es cavallet don't do reservations for sun loungers (only big beds). it's first come, first serve. so you really have to be there at 9.30 or 9.45, which is tough for holidays, but it worked, we had a great beach day at beach house.

this is true for beach clubs as well, and I called lots. My tip: Beach House (pdb) and el chiringuito es cavallet don't do reservations for sun loungers (only big beds). it's first come, first serve. so you really have to be there at 9.30 or 9.45, which is tough for holidays, but it worked, we had a great beach day at beach house.

Well…. The whole ”first come first served” at many of these places is often based on if your face / family profile fits. I’m not including the above places in this BTW. But there are a few very well known places that say they don’t reserve sunbeds… turn up as two guys and they are “all reserved”. Then sit back and watch the over 50s mums with 2 kids arrive and get a “non reserved bed” straight away. I think it’s more a pro-family think than a anti-men-gay couple thing. That’s fine, but don’t expect me to spend money with you in September when the families are all gone.

Went to Sa Carboneria in Santa Eulalia last night

Absolutely delicious steaks, all 6 of ours cooked perfectly. The starters we had were delicious as well, especially the Camembert fondue with truffle.

Will definitely be going back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back