Restaurant reviews 2020/2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 34 years open, Barlovento in Marina Botafoch (one of the few places with "normal" prices in the area) closes for good...

That's a real shame. Always used to stop there for a coffee when getting the boat across to Ibiza Town during the day.

Very reasonably priced too. Assume it will now be an over-priced VIP cocktail bar / sushi restaurant / Italian?

Went to Sa Brasa in Santa Eulalia Marina last night. In general, the vibes in the whole Maria were amazing. Felt like a proper summers evening.

Food was really good as well. I went for the burger with goats cheese. The burger must have been 250-300g and was cooked perfectly for me.

The couple we were with went for the meat sharer where you cook it yourself. It looked amazing!

E8D7A9B6-766C-4DDB-B51A-20194C1CFF04.jpeg

Went to Sa Brasa in Santa Eulalia Marina last night. In general, the vibes in the whole Maria were amazing. Felt like a proper summers evening.

Food was really good as well. I went for the burger with goats cheese. The burger must have been 250-300g and was cooked perfectly for me.

The couple we were with went for the meat sharer where you cook it yourself. It looked amazing!

View attachment 11983
Is that the meat sharer 😳😋

After 34 years open, Barlovento in Marina Botafoch (one of the few places with "normal" prices in the area) closes for good...

Many a happy evening spent in this cosy little bar - looking out over Ibiza Town & so sad to see it go!

ok so yesterday I FINALLY made it to nagai. it's one of the few restaurants I simply didn't get to check off the list for some reason over all those years.

wow.

fantastic food, great atmosphere, very friendly and attentive yet not over the top service. and an absolutely lovely setting.

a big thumbs up from me. not a cheap night out, but worth the money. the menu with prices is on their website

Last edited:
ok so yesterday I FINALLY made it to nagai. it's one of the few restaurants I simply didn't get to check off the list for some reason over all those years.

wow.

fantastic food, great atmosphere, very friendly and attentive yet not over the top service. and an absolutely lovely setting.

a big thumbs up from me. not a cheap night out, but worth the money. the menu with prices is on their website
i also went for the 1st time 3 weeks ago and was totally worth it, plus the live music was good that time i was

wow.

Nagai is really good indeed.
Also the exterior is done by my favorite street/urban artist Findac!

I tried Bambuddah this year...but was heavily disappointed.

Okay, here's my new hot tip for San Antonio: Es Gerret
Quite an unassuming location, you wouldn't know it was there I don't think. It's on the road as you walk away from Café Mambo towards the fruit and veg stalls/David's/Sin Name - just before the big opticians. Those that know the signage that says "we don't stop dancing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop dancing" well, it's near to that
It looks really good inside and filled with locals - yay!
The seafood dishes were simply incredible. The calamares amongst the best I've ever had, and the octopus - wow! The third dish was potatoes crocquettes - I've never really been a fan, until now that is! They were ace. Really, really great
Asked the waiter to pick me out a red with lots of depth and he delivered
Total cost for three dishes to share, a glass of red wine and a beer €42

Seriously, I was blown away, moreso because I didn't even know this place existed before. Needless to say, I was very pleased we ventured further into San Antonio and didn't settle for €19 nachos at Mambo!!!!

Last edited:
^^ Cathy Guetta not only had problems with Bikini in Talamanca but also with Bagatelle in Cala Molí...

Our dear friends, thank you for your support of Bagatelle Ibiza! Unfortunately, Bagatelle Ibiza will not reopen for the 2020 season due to new noise ordinances set by the local government. As you know, a Bagatelle without music would not remain true to our brand or celebration of Joie de vivre! We regret to inform you of this decision and hope you will visit our other Bagatelle locations around the world, including our newest location in Mykonos! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you and see you soon!
... well, that's the new (ironically named) El Silencio mentioned in the article above. Still run by french people.

Traditionalists and seafood lovers take note

Good review. We stayed a couple of minutes away in 2018 and loved it here. Give me this type of place, Es Caliu, Cas Pages, La Noria etc anyday over any of the social media friendly trendy places. I had a steak here and it was spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back