Restaurant reviews 2020/2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a short while as Cotton Fitness Club, the old Coastline Cafe in Caló de Moro is now Al Ayoun :!:

118120985_103617938130354_7359863007099765625_o.jpg

Missed that, thanK you. Assume they still have the pool? Has anyone been?

Any recommendations for evening restaurants in & around Santa Eulalia which serve decent vegan options? This is the first time I’ve stayed here so only really know lunch places, although have been to Caos and Project Social - both very good but more causal dining.

Ideally somewhere a bit more ‘special’, but those places tend to be very fish & meat focused.

I'm late to reply on this - notifications dropped off - but was glad to see interest & discussion on veg options, including a few I hadn't known about. Thanks Clara and Tiff. As a vegetarian with vegan wife, we've had to keep a list of places across the island that work for us....saves the last-minute scramble for a quality meal before a long night out.

We haven't found many in Sta Eularia beyond the ones already discussed, but for vegan paella (surprisingly hard to find since chicken stock normally used for broth) Royalty does a great job. Es Jardins in Sta Gertrudis has a decent one and in the past Can Curune (St Joan) did a fantastic one but we've had a few unsatisfying paellas there in recent past. Am guessing they changed their chef a couple years ago. The rest of the menu is still good but we don't make the drive anymore if we're not already on that side of the island.

For vegan friendly places our go-to's are Es Caliu - works for everyone including the meat eaters! - and Aubergine. Can Mimosa and Can Domingo were new finds for us last year; Domingo doesn't have a vegan selection on their menu but the kitchen staff was very accommodating and top notch. They were just as accommodating at its more casual/affordable sister restaurant Mimi Pizza Bistrot - I think prob shares the same kitchen.

For a daytime spot Aiyanna has plenty of quality veg options though admittedly overpriced.

Can Tixedo had a good selection for vegetarians although it has been years since I went there, seen it written about recently on Spotlight though.

On Formentera our surefire spots are Integral (all organic vegetarian) and La Fragata (works for omnivores but just great food and service).

Edit: omitted mention of Wild Beets (Sta Gertrudis) since so well-known, but that's a classic we return to every year. Especially on the heels of an extended daytime session for an early dinner & cleanse...

Last edited:
Since august the restaurant Java in Cala de Bou is a mexican called Amordiscos :!:

Live music saturday evenings and sundays at midday...

we just had lunch at s'espardell in playa d'en bossa today.

it's run by people I know and I have been wanting to go all summer and today we finally made it. they do great lunchtime menues with local specialties. today it was rice with lobster and it was a 10/10.

they also do the typical bullt de peix and sofrit pagès once a week.

100% recommended.

Can Bernat between Santa Gertrudis and San Rafael, that after 27 years open closed in 2017, reopened in july as WOW :!:

A huge venue, used in the past mostly for baptism/first communion/wedding dinners (god knows how many times I ate there over the years!), that is now a restaurant, bar and shop with music events too. Open all year round...

Can Bernat between Santa Gertrudis and San Rafael, that after 27 years open closed in 2017, reopened in july as WOW :!:

A huge venue, used in the past mostly for baptism/first communion/wedding dinners (god knows how many times I ate there over the years!), that is now a restaurant, bar and shop with music events too. Open all year round...
I’ve heard some really good things about this place. It’s on the list for sure!

but today - can mimosa for Sunday lunch ?

Just seeing @jimmiz say he had a bad experience in another thread has reminded me. @TiffyBennett1 and anyone for that matter avoid Can Xarc in SE at all costs (im sure it’s open all year but don't be tempted!) service + food??

Just seeing @jimmiz say he had a bad experience in another thread has reminded me. @TiffyBennett1 and anyone for that matter avoid Can Xarc in SE at all costs (im sure it’s open all year but don't be tempted!) service + food??

Ahhh we walk past that every time we head into town. It normally smells so good and it's kinda been on my 'list' of places to go - but I shall sharly remove!

Ahhh we walk past that every time we head into town. It normally smells so good and it's kinda been on my 'list' of places to go - but I shall sharly remove!

it's an interesting one this, I've got various friends who keep on going regularly and say food is good. I've only ever been once and that was a few years ago. food was actually good back then, the service wasn't anything special but also not awful. maybe give it a try one day and give us an updated review?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back