Restaurant reviews 2020/2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been able to avoid the expense of eating out with reasonable success with the pandemic and lock-down begin what they are. It's usually something I struggle with to be honest... It doesn't really fit in my budget, so I guess I'm secretly pleased.

Sushi was my go to for a long while - several years - then, when we first were told to stay-at-home, I started eat vegan lots (I've been plant-based since January) and ordering Cheesecake Factory. They have a vegan cobb that's really pretty good and large. It's not a rinky dink salad with too little dressing, I'll tell you that. Also vegan, but I think I told you already the Gardein wings (soy meat, lol) at the Yard House (I know... I already told you about the Yard House) avaiable in many flavors. Vegan pho from the Love Pho did not impress much, and I wasn't even 100% they gave me vegetarian broth. Not sure... What was really really good was the vegan ham or tofu spring rolls and especially the seaweed rolls at Basil & Mint Vietnamese Cafe. Those are a side order but can serve as a tasty vegan meal/snack by ordering two or more... ?

None of them are from Ibiza though *All southern Californian (I still haven't been for anyone that cares to know... but I know the music!)

I’m surprised by the lack of Pho on the island as Bao buns seem to be this year’s poke bowl!

Getting enough protein and not overdoing the carbs is usually a problem in Ibiza, although we’ve had some good summer rolls, plus loads of places are serving the Beyond Burgers now. But not really fine dining!

Simbiosis in Ibiza Town is very good but Ibiza is crying out for a higher end vegetarian / vegan restaurant, imho. Especially with more people either adopting a plant-based diet or reducing their meet, fish & dairy intake.

I’m surprised by the lack of Pho on the island as Bao buns seem to be this year’s poke bowl!

Getting enough protein and not overdoing the carbs is usually a problem in Ibiza, although we’ve had some good summer rolls, plus loads of places are serving the Beyond Burgers now. But not really fine dining!

Simbiosis in Ibiza Town is very good but Ibiza is crying out for a higher end vegetarian / vegan restaurant, imho. Especially with more people either adopting a plant-based diet or reducing their meet, fish & dairy intake.
Bloody love a bao bun

Better avoid pho/asian food in ibz that are ertzatz of asian food
I never eat Boh bun at restaurants as its so easy (not the case of pho soup that take long time to cook)to make it And they taste bad at restaurants
Beef (Boh)with onion And curry spice
Asian vermicelle ( bunh)
U can add vietnamese roll that u can buy (we made them too)
Some veggies such salad And nem sauce
Some nuts to add too

the one i ate was shit at Miss saigon , nothing to deal with real pho soup ,even chemical 50cts product u bought is better ?i didnt wrote it to ruin their réputation but 3 years later i can tell the truth ?

Foodsold at stalls at Kumharas was ok 18€ + 3€ Nan
I dont think i will eat there again and keep money for french restaurant such el bistro de stephan on San An
20200816_175821.jpg
I wanted to eat 6€ grilled meat at kumharas but the bloke always give my plate to someone else,at 3rd call,i told in i'm no more in (i hate lack of respect)
Ps:u cant fool me with asian food as im used to homemade ones ,far better yummyh than the ones in restaurants ,popular to fancy ones in Paris.

Last edited:
Oooh I love a bao bun

unfortunately I don’t know much about vegan places in Santa though. Sorry I can’t be of any help!

banh bao
Was curious to see the inside
Black mushroom ,egg,mixed pork onion And yellow veggie (Bamboo?Man in nam language) i dont know word in english
If they stick to real recipe ,add some pink sweeten asian sausage ,1-2 tiny slices,the little detail that makes EVERYTHING
They sell some yummy one in food to leave 1€ in Paris in some shop,some awful too,have to be aware about the brand or homemade is best ones (exist for dessert too ,Durian or Tarot ,purple fruit)
Im lucky to eat monthly some homemade And dayly homemade asian food :cool:
Eg Homemade lao spicy beef salad
The reason im picky at restaurants, im used to Good And cheap ?‍♂️
20200817_065036.jpg

Last edited:
No way! We were there last night too.

Really nice food and excellent value. We also had the veggie bao, plus chilli edamame, gyoza, tofu pad thai and curry.

Haha how funny!

We went for the Cod Croquettes with the Bao's - followed by various dishes for mains. I chose the duck curry

IMG_D5B8A8E23222-1.jpeg

The newly opened (20 days ago) Buenavida in Santa Eulalia is a real find. Very reasonable yet delicious food. Great happy hour too! The vegan chorizo sandwich with cana for €8 was excellent, followed by amazing vegan brownie, and the non-vegan food looks really good. Definitely support as it’s a difficult time to be opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back