Restaurant reviews 2020/2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great lunch with the best company.
Sofrit pages was excellent, aïoli better 🤩, good wine at a reasonable price.
This kind of places are disappearing little by little on the island, and it's a shame.
Salvem Es Pins
Salvem Cas Pages
Salvem Balafia
Etc...

Last edited:
Great lunch with the best company.
Sofrit pages was excellent, aïoli better 🤩, good wine at a reasonable price.
This kind of places are disappearing little by little on the island, and it's a shame.
Salvem Es Pins
Salvem Cas Pages
Etc...
I showed Cath and Louisa those photos of the restaurant, and we all said that’s the type of place we would want to eat at on holiday.

I had dinner at Casitas the other night, thought it might be worth sharing...

opted for the 2/3 course menu, very good value. Really feels like a holiday restaurant, if that makes sense haha. Great atmosphere and the service was great. Didn't end up spending a fortune and was well fed. The best thing about there is that there are a wide range of cuisines from all over the world, so you're pretty much covered for whatever mood you're in.

We went to El Gaucho in the Bay as it was closest to our hotel when the weather was poor the other week. The staff were all lovely, very attentive and told us lots about their very proud meat offerings (and managed to upsell us to their most expensive steak) which they served to us at our table, sliced, with a small charcoal grille so that we could cook and eat it hot (on a blustery night at an outdoor table, this was appreciated!). An all-round very nice meal, and their home made cheesecake was fantastic.

That's where it will be located, behind the Casa del Mar and next to what used to be Angel's...

View attachment 12439
The dumbest concept on earth.
The footballers will be happy.
Thought I’d got away from this shit when I left Dubai 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
Receipt from his London restaurantFB_IMG_1632934020042.jpg

Lunch at Pizzart in San Miguel.
Good caprese, and VERY good pastas, very reasonable prices, very friendly service, I highly recommend it 👌

Was our first time at Sa Capella on sat night and it didn’t disappoint. Had bacon and pumpkin cannelloni for starters (which was big enough for a main) followed by a lovely piece of steak. Also got given a bottle of Hierbas at the end of the meal which i put a good dint in 😍

We also went to Tapas (as you do) at the start of the week but im not gunna lie i remember none of it. The other 3 said it was really nice though and the food looks lush on the pics they took

There is another place id like to give a shout out to (can’t compare it to the above 2) but to line your stomach for a heavy one it was really nice. Think the place was called Tic Tac in the Bay and the club sandwich with curly fries was exactly what was needed on the day👌

Hello everyone. I was wondering if you all had any recommendations for excellent dinner restaurants where it would be ok to take my 5 year old with us?

On a separate topic.. I thought that CasaMaca looked really nice until I read the reviews that mostly say it’s a total tourist trap.. rip-off. Have any of you been and can confirm whether it is worth it or not? Thanks!!

Hello everyone. I was wondering if you all had any recommendations for excellent dinner restaurants where it would be ok to take my 5 year old with us?

On a separate topic.. I thought that CasaMaca looked really nice until I read the reviews that mostly say it’s a total tourist trap.. rip-off. Have any of you been and can confirm whether it is worth it or not? Thanks!!

I enjoyed it last year but the hike in pricing this year is brutal. 7 of us, 2 bottles of wine, 1 beer each and sharing plates (nothing silly) and the bill was well over 1000 euros.

There are better spots to go.

La Bodega, Ibiza Town on Friday evening

Service was a little frosty and there was the suggestion that we were being rushed, but the tapas was great:
dreamy alioli, choricitos, padron peppers, hummus, really good patatas bravas, queso sharer with some of the best manchego I've ever had and copa del vino tinto x 4 = €60 on the nose. Will definitely go back. Hopefully the stony service was a blip

La Bodega, Ibiza Town on Friday evening

Service was a little frosty and there was the suggestion that we were being rushed, but the tapas was great:
dreamy alioli, choricitos, padron peppers, hummus, really good patatas bravas, queso sharer with some of the best manchego I've ever had and copa del vino tinto x 4 = €60 on the nose. Will definitely go back. Hopefully the stony service was a blip

Were they busy? Usually find the service good there (plus free hierbas!) unless they’re really busy and it can seem rushed.

Excellent tapas, wines & espresso martinis though.

Looking forward to returning in 2 weeks!

Trying to get my plan of action fixed for our short stay this weekend. Friday we have dinner at Pikes, going into whatever happens afterwards. On the Saturday we are doing the brunch at Pikes and chill out by the pool...hopefully in sunny weather. Later, we want to go and see the sunset and have dinner somewhere in San An.

What is the crack with restaurants in San An at the moment? Tapas have said they are open till the end of October, that's one option, does anyone know if David's is open at the moment? Also what about Hostel La Torre? Are they still open? Sa Capella said they 'don't know yet'...which is helpful...

Getting excited now...just booked the airport parking, sh*t getting real...

Trying to get my plan of action fixed for our short stay this weekend. Friday we have dinner at Pikes, going into whatever happens afterwards. On the Saturday we are doing the brunch at Pikes and chill out by the pool...hopefully in sunny weather. Later, we want to go and see the sunset and have dinner somewhere in San An.

What is the crack with restaurants in San An at the moment? Tapas have said they are open till the end of October, that's one option, does anyone know if David's is open at the moment? Also what about Hostel La Torre? Are they still open? Sa Capella said they 'don't know yet'...which is helpful...

Getting excited now...just booked the airport parking, sh*t getting real...
David’s was shut yesterday when I went by

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back